X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Laconic
    • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Augustannia View Post
    im loving it, been trying to figure out the two songs used for the runway, any know? fits the collection well
    Both are by Soft Kill.

First one is 'From This Point On'.
    Second one is 'Borders Comfort'.

Comment

• jordie
      • Mar 2012

super like!
      @huskstudios

false astronomy.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Maureen Dowdy thinks it was emasculating.

I was at the show but did not hear any gasps...
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• MJRH
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          Maureen Dowdy thinks it was emasculating.

I was at the show but did not hear any gasps...
          I am not going to comment explicitly on my respect for this article or its tone. But here is a tally I made of its vocabulary (including the title):

mantyhose x5, manscara x3, Manskirts, manlashes, guylashes, guyliner, brosiery*, guylons, e-Mancipate.net

*ok, i actually chuckled at this one
          ain't no beauty queens in this locality

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Dowdy is a famous man-basher. I don't see the critical point of this article - she obviously wrote it just to gloat. Shit like that makes one quickly go from being a critic to being a, well, I don't want to get into Rick's runway music territory.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• MJRH
              • Nov 2006

^No, see, I think it's her ability to read a context that's the problem, here!

Hmm, but I suppose us bitching about her concept of emasculation isn't any more constructive than her concept itself. So to respond to her claims: Ms. Dowd, you have conflated emasculation and femininity! A man in a dress isn't "emasculated" unless something has "masculated" him, to begin with. And even then, I would like to see if you had the balls to call either of these men emasculated to their faces:

That said, some (say, the two following) of the looks in this presentation were definitely feminine - I won't say emasculating, and I won't say effeminate either, because either one implies some sort of weakness or copy-catting on the part of the allegedly emasculated/effeminate. A man can wear a dress in an empowering way, you know...

A definite critical trend this season would be a facile grasp of gender identity.
              ain't no beauty queens in this locality

Comment

• Pumpfish
                • Sep 2010

tranny in a mini skirt. Now that shows balls.
                spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• Fuuma
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by MJRH View Post
                  ^No, see, I think it's her ability to read a context that's the problem, here!

Hmm, but I suppose us bitching about her concept of emasculation isn't any more constructive than her concept itself. So to respond to her claims: Ms. Dowd, you have conflated emasculation and femininity! A man in a dress isn't "emasculated" unless something has "masculated" him, to begin with. And even then, I would like to see if you had the balls to call either of these men emasculated to their faces:

That said, some (say, the two following) of the looks in this presentation were definitely feminine - I won't say emasculating, and I won't say effeminate either, because either one implies some sort of weakness or copy-catting on the part of the allegedly emasculated/effeminate. A man can wear a dress in an empowering way, you know...

A definite critical trend this season would be a facile grasp of gender identity.
                  Ok but we agree wearing these garments is going to make you look like a poof?
                  Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                  http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• galia
                    • Jun 2009

they could make you look like a tranny, and real trannies are tougher than your average jock (they get beaten up so much they have to be)

and holy excessive jawline on all these models! what's up with that?

Comment

• kunk75
                      Banned
                      • May 2008

maybe he should go back to versace, am starting to think the Krane designer was the brains behind cloak

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
                        maybe he should go back to versace, am starting to think the Krane designer was the brains behind cloak
                        what would make you say that?

I'm not particularly a fan of the skirted stuff and the dresses and all, but this to me is his strongest collection of the three so far, and is more in line with some of the ideas that are consistent with what was done at cloak.

I'm not expecting him to go all out cloak, as times have changed and this is a new venture, but my perception of this man is that he is an elite menswear designer, and I see nothing so far to make me change my mind about that.
                        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• kunk75
                          Banned
                          • May 2008

i dunno, though i am not a fan at least rick has butcher up androgyny, this appears to be a women's collection worn by male models

Comment

• zamb
                            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
                            i dunno, though i am not a fan at least rick has butcher up androgyny, this appears to be a women's collection worn by male models
                            If you go back ad look at the entire collection, I really don't think that that's a fair assessment at all.
                            Of course, I think that aspects of it is a little too trendy. something that I would never usually associate with his work. For me he has always been the designer who is able to create, a really intelligent and serious menswear collection that bridges the gap between strong tailoring and imteresting avant garde details. Almost for a guy who was once in the military, who has become a first rate intellectual with an interest in popular culture ..........

As a designer myself I also understand that it isn't always a good thing to ignore the trends. This is a business and we are catering to a specific client base. If you want to sell stuff, which you need to do in order to survive, you had better make stuff that people will want to buy at a given point in time........the thing is to find a happy medium between what your true identity is as a designer and what the market demands at a certain point......and when all is said and done I think Plokhov has succeeded at that with this collection, even if its not perfect
                            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                              If you go back ad look at the entire collection, I really don't think that that's a fair assessment at all.
                              Of course, I think that aspects of it is a little too trendy. something that I would never usually associate with his work. For me he has always been the designer who is able to create, a really intelligent and serious menswear collection that bridges the gap between strong tailoring and imteresting avant garde details. Almost for a guy who was once in the military, who has become a first rate intellectual with an interest in popular culture ..........

As a designer myself I also understand that it isn't always a good thing to ignore the trends. This is a business and we are catering to a specific client base. If you want to sell stuff, which you need to do in order to survive, you had better make stuff that people will want to buy at a given point in time........the thing is to find a happy medium between what your true identity is as a designer and what the market demands at a certain point......and when all is said and done I think Plokhov has succeeded at that with this collection, even if its not perfect
                              What I don't understand is why Alex won't just go back to that. This is his third eponymous collection and all three thus far have been utterly different. It's fine for a new designer to poke around to find his signature, but Plokhov is an experienced designer. At this point it looks like he's trying different things to see what sticks.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Vanna
                                • May 2008

Originally posted by galia View Post
                                they could make you look like a tranny, and real trannies are tougher than your average jock (they get beaten up so much they have to be)

and holy excessive jawline on all these models! what's up with that?
                                Watch this tranny beat this straight guy up.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                Life is a hiiighway

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎