X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AnImp
    • Apr 2012

Originally posted by hallucination View Post
    Can;t agree with you. Was moving through some racks today like silent wraith in my Julius steez, like an urban warrior who never fucked a woman, with my iPod rocking Laibach and no-one approach me the service was shit
    I can't speak for Hotoveli, but as someone who works in retail, I don't approach people with iPods in. I figure that if they're listening to music, they're not interested in listening to me, so I'll leave them alone.

Comment

• Apr 2012

Originally posted by AnImp View Post
      I can't speak for Hotoveli, but as someone who works in retail, I don't approach people with iPods in. I figure that if they're listening to music, they're not interested in listening to me, so I'll leave them alone.
      if I don't want to be bothered by SA I put on earphones. It works both way.

Comment

• teeteet
        • Dec 2009

Sometimes I buy when the service is good and the merchandise cool, but when I get home and check online, the price is usually lower and I feel stupid.

Comment

• Burlingame
          • May 2011

Originally posted by hallucination View Post
          Can;t agree with you. Was moving through some racks today like silent wraith in my Julius steez, like an urban warrior who never fucked a woman, with my iPod rocking Laibach and no-one approach me the service was shit
          Hah. Not really sure what that means. But like others said, headphones in is the sign for "leave me alone."

I never feel stupid for buying in person even if there's a better deal online, because at least I know what I'm getting. I feel stupid when I buy something online and it shows up and isn't at all what I thought it would be.

Comment

• liberty_of_style
            • Aug 2011

Well! Sorry for being late to this discussion. I have something to add here.

I run my own business. I have small multi-brand boutique. Very often I met such people like "window-shoppers" or "showroomers" if you want. There was a few situations when they tried to use their cellphones to take a shots. In this case I told them not doing this, because it's prohibited. In few seconds their devices disappeared back in the pockets. And they become confused.

To these theme I would say this is problem for big shops or malls. Where staff don't pay attention on customers. As for small, cozy boutiques. Well, I can tell you with confidence - customers come there for communication! They want to speak, have sort of discussions about their lives. They do purchases with good mood. And my job is to give them this good mood.

Of course it's not good and not fair. Those showroomers. It's true about taxes, charged fees etc. which I have to pay every month.

But they are not guilty. Really! As a reasonable person, he/she makes purchases on the Internet, for cheaper price of course.

And here I wouldn't say that it's a problem. It's a problem for those directors who spent a lot of money to open a store. Spent time to find good place. Purchased stuff.
            For those who after all that, sitting in the "director's" chair and thinking that they did a lot. Good manager is always in motion!

His everyday work is making those special atmosphere and perception in the store. These days we have huge amount of special helpfull items to do that. Music. Smells. Colors. Lights. Design. Smile eventually! Making purchase is like a little theater performance.

And I'm sure if you did it right, you will never be out of the modernity.

So, dear sellers, if you read this. Stop crying. Just do your best for buyers so they wanted to leave their money only in your shop!
            I'm not rich enough to buy cheap things...

Comment

• Apr 2012

Originally posted by liberty_of_style View Post
              And here I wouldn't say that it's a problem. It's a problem for those directors who spent a lot of money to open a store. Spent time to find good place. Purchased stuff.
              For those who after all that, sitting in the "director's" chair and thinking that they did a lot. Good manager is always in motion!

His everyday work is making those special atmosphere and perception in the store. These days we have huge amount of special helpfull items to do that. Music. Smells. Colors. Lights. Design. Smile eventually! Making purchase is like a little theater performance.

And I'm sure if you did it right, you will never be out of the modernity.

So, dear sellers, if you read this. Stop crying. Just do your best for buyers so they wanted to leave their money only in your shop!
              That was really helpful from your point of view as a retailer. Appreciate that, Libertyofstyle.
              Last edited by 333; 07-09-2012, 09:46 PM. Reason: quote too long

Comment

• teeteet
                • Dec 2009

At the end of the day competition can only drive down prices, so it's a win for consumers like us, YAY!

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by teeteet View Post
                  At the end of the day competition can only drive down prices, so it's a win for consumers like us, YAY!
                  Did you read through this thread? Things are not that simple.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by teeteet View Post

Yea, it puts a lot of good companies out of business too, and cause companies to make products that often sucks because they need to cut cost................and send good Jobs that pays well to countries where labor is cheap and damage many local economies.
                    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• couturehomme
                      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      There is a huge demand for exclusivity in fashion retail because of the Internet, but imagine the job designers would have to do to make exclusives for all stores. It's just not feasible.
                      My line about exclusivity wasn't really meant for the high end fashion industry, more so for the general merchandise/electronics sector.

I don't think showrooming is a big problem for SZ type brands being sold in shops/boutiques. I do think it is a little rough on US retailers as e-commerce has led them to be in competition with EU retailers, who can offer marginally lower prices and VAT deduction.

Comment

• teeteet
                        • Dec 2009

I just read "The Rise of Fashion" by Ira Neimark on Bergdorf Goodman's rise in the 1970s. Back then they had true exclusivity with Hermes, YSL, Ungaro, Givenchy etc. Fast forward into 201x, nobody has any real exclusivity with any brands, and everyone sells online. It's survival of the fittest, if your prices are high and you have an attitude, consumers can just go online and buy the same thing. This is what I meant by competition, that ultimately, it can only benefit the consumers. Crap book by the way.

Comment

• sam_tem
                          • Apr 2007

hmm, so i realize showrooming is certainly a dickish thing to do, but it makes one ponder.

i myself would never set foot in a physical store without exhausting all options through the internet first. so who's worse, someone like me who would rather watch a youtube/vimeo video or read reviews to buy something online, or the guy who at least walks into a store to take a picture? in theory you at least have a chance to make a sale to the showroomer, even if it's just a pair of socks or a candy bar.

there's not many industries the internet hasn't changed or caused outright paradigm shifts in and retail will fair no different than the others. the reality is that the online marketplace and globalization allows online distributors to provide a quality of service that physical stores often can't match or in which the added efforts and expenses included with physical retailing are no longer justifiable. growing pains are never easy, but unfortunately there's not much that can or should be done to halt the worlds race to efficiency.

what society should do with that added efficiency is another question altogether.

Comment

• Glennphilips
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2022

However, air coolers do have some drawbacks. They are more expensive than fans, and they require regular maintenance to keep them running effectively. They also require water to operate, so they can be a hassle to fill and maintain. https://allcoolfans.com/best-recharg...-operated-fan/

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎