• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Photos from StyleZeitgeist Magazine
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• blackfedora
      • Jan 2012

This is awfully shiny and colourful for my palette....but I suppose different strokes for different folks.

Comment

• Stijn
        • Jun 2011

YES no more skinny trousers... love the more roomy cut. I really really want to see this in real life..

I'm not sure about some of the fabrics too...

I don't like the styling though... (I rather see them covered with feathers and horsehair again) some of those haircuts look so...Frankensteiny? idk..

(edit)
        after seeing the photo's on stylezeitgeist magazine I have to say I love this even more...
        The colours are really beautiful
        Last edited by Stijn; 06-29-2012, 07:48 PM.

Comment

• H-R
          • May 2007

This shot is particularly amazing in terms of fabrics

Comment

• jogu
            • Jun 2009

hmmm not likin this at all . even tho i like the colors and maybe the patterns i think those things are too limiting . like that purple is nice but it only looks that good when u do the whole fit w/ that color . if someone just bought only 1 piece like the shirt or the trouser then theyre stuck w/ purple pants . i can dig the languid vibe from pajama pants but im not gettin that sleepy kinda relaxed vibe w/ the ones here . instead they look more like ... idk like old school jnco or kikwear but w/ a luxe material . theyre baggy and thats it , i get no pajamaness from them . or like someone said " beetlejuice pants " bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahhaa that actually had me crackin up /wipes tear from eye

Comment

• crtk001
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Vanna View Post
              Did Ann and Haider have a baby?
              ALL I CAN THINK ABOUT!

(random side note: David Chaing, an old friend, her first ethnic model . that was the most excitable moment for me when Ann usually excites me quite a bit)

Comment

• Verdandi
                • Mar 2012

I like the Beetlejuice pants, Ann did them for women some time ago and they are awesome.

I have to agree, it looks quite a bit like Ackermann. The colour palette here is almost the same he used for his last F/W womenswear but I overall I like the Ann/Sebastien approach a lot more.

I just wish everyone would stop using those awful shiny fabrics, they almost never look good (and it's even worse off the runway).
                Last edited by Verdandi; 06-30-2012, 04:41 AM.
                lavender menace

Comment

• myname
                  • Jul 2011

I've never been a fan of boots with a heel (for men at least) so am looking forward to these...

Comment

• Johnny
                    • Sep 2006

are those pics from a prada show?

Comment

• michael_kard
                      • Oct 2010

oh, snap.
                      ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                      Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Patroklus
                        Banned
                        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by myname View Post
                        I've never been a fan of boots with a heel (for men at least) so am looking forward to these...

[IMGW=300]http://www.fashionisingpictures.net/runway/ann-demeulemeester-mens-details-spring-summer-2013-pfw14.jpg[IMGW][IMGW=300]http://www.fashionisingpictures.net/runway/ann-demeulemeester-mens-details-spring-summer-2013-pfw27.jpg[IMGW]
                        terrible
                        sans heeled (not creeper) boots makes me think of training wheels. fischer price my first boots for men who are worried that an inch of stacked leather is too feminine. your disclaimer "for men" kind of bears this out.

Comment

• casem
                          • Sep 2006

That close up footwear pic gives me bad associations with pimp costumes. While this collection shows Ann's skill with pattern, texture and color, I imagine most of this looking pretty silly irl. I hate to be such a traditionalist, but the styling flourish of buttoning just the bottom button on a three button blazer really bother me...
                          music

Comment

• Qwerty
                            • Oct 2011

Love the soft silks and brocade, the cut is more relaxed and "vintage" than Haider Ackermann's, which I think works better. It'll be difficult to get away with the shiny looks from head to toe but they can most certainly be worn as accents.

Comment

• myname
                              • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Patroklus View Post
                              terrible
                              fischer price my first boots for men who are worried that an inch of stacked leather is too feminine. your disclaimer "for men" kind of bears this out.
                              Yes it's true - I personally don't like wearing boots with heels (a bit too clunky) and yes - I don't find it aesthetically pleasing for men (whereas I find it to be fine on a woman).

Of course you're free to read into it as you will, and respond with cynicism - if you find that kind of thing necessary. But, do you really think someone who is interested in a bright purple boot is worried to look too feminine?

Speaking of... I've read a lot of complaints about the colour pallet, but for me Ann is at her best when she works with colour. I imagine that is contrary to most Ann fans, but this is a welcome bit of colour for me.

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                                • Mar 2009

Shiny fabrics, overflowing layers, and a questionable tailoring on more than one jacket or coat, for what I can see. I'm somewhat sad not to be able to like Ann D anymore.
                                I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                                I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎