X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ACM
    • Jan 2011

Recent Collection

Photos from a recent collection shown at a local "Fashion Week" (ignore the bedazzled, feathered runway, and poor lighting). The collection itself is really just an experiment in fine jerseys and which sewing techniques work best. Kind of a culmination of a few months of work. Nothing too ground breaking, just pieces I've wanted to make for my own wardrobe for while, but I'm pretty satisfied with the results.

curious to read more about the experimentation with sewing techniques. what did you try out? And where can I see it?

Comment

• ACM
      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by rilu
      the dresses seem executed well, and also those cardigans made over them (if i see it well?). i don't like all the draping on the men's pieces and the silhouettes that come with them. would be nice to see the cardigans/dresses (so the women's part) photographed in a better way.
      Yeah, sadly this was these were the best images I had access to. The lighting was terrible and the photos are poor quality. But thanks, the dresses and cardigans are (IMO obviously) executed well. French seams and hand tacked hems on some of them too. The long infinity cardigans are also faced on the inside as well and some of the seams, taped.

As far as the draping on the men, I guess it's just a matter of taste. For everyday life, especially the men's dress, I'd probably pair it with something with a bit more structure, but I'm all for fluidity of those jerseys on the male figure.

And Heirloom, I'll send you some pics when I get a chance. I messed around with some ladder/flatlock stitches and messed around with the length/width, too. The result was pretty cool...also, there's a "melt-locked" CCPish seam on one of the men's pieces using a polyurethane tape that was really beautiful (came across it by accident actually)

Comment

• Faye
        • Apr 2009

Congrats on this great collection man! The draping on all those pieces seems have been calculated exactly on the millimeter. Considering how difficult it is to work with such fine jersey materials, I really admire your skills.
        On the second picture, are the underarms also part of the dress?

Would also love to see some pictures of the stitches. If you don’t mind, post them in the topic as well.

Comment

• michael_kard
          • Oct 2010

I'd also be very interested in seeing detailed photos of the garments. I find the sleeved dresses very interesting. What kind of fabrics did you use?
          ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
          Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎