X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Who?
    • Aug 2007

DIY: Leather Notebook

Here is the process of making a leather notebook.

Materials:
    -A6 spiral bound notebook
    -2oz reversed calf leather
    -Shears
    -Ruler
    -Leather punch
    -Rubber mallet
    -Pliers

I removed the spiral from the notebook, then used the covers as a pattern to properly align the spiral holes. I then punched each hole, set the snap button, reassembled the notebook with its new covers, and secured the spiral. A simple project.

WTB/WTT: Lots of Things
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Very nice!!

You can then do a myriad of leather textures/colors too for a bad ass looking set... and can ball it up by getting silver wire to form the coil for the pages as well which would oxidize nicely over time.
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Who?
      • Aug 2007

Yes A!! That brings another idea to mind, SZ collaborative design, with all the talent on here just imagine the things that could be created.

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

I actually have one of this in Bison that I made a few weeks ago,
        was considering making them available but still undecided........

this one is nice though John, , Mine is hand sewn though rather than a coil running though it \
        what size is it?
        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Who?
          • Aug 2007

Thanks Zam, it's 14.8cm x 10.5cm. I think you should make a few available, it's more personal to take notes in.

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

Love the ideas :) Your project and our discussion on here has got a few percolating through my mind already J!

I had purchased Sruli's basking shark skin covered SZ mag which I had intended on converting into a notebook... making my own cover set with the various hides I have in my studio may be a better idea though.
            www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎