Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patternworking question my teacher can't even answer !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alex.a
    • Aug 2008

Patternworking question my teacher can't even answer !

delete
    Last edited by alex.a; 09-01-2013, 11:54 PM.
  • old
    • Jul 2009

Hmm...the armhole (you drew) looks quite the opposite to a normal armhole on a suit jacket to me, but my experience would be to limited for an answer to that. I would suggest you to post the problem on the apprentice section of this website, there are quite a few bespoke tailors on there who have answered a lot of my tricky questions.
    Tradition ist Bewahrung des Feuers und nicht Anbetung der Asche.

Comment

I think the shoulder pad affects how it curves over the shoulder, have you tried steaming and shaping (shaving layers) the shoulder pads? I think also it depends a bit on how you gather the sleevecap before setting it. Perhaps try to not gather so much of the cap behind the shoulder seam, and have more in the front/top.
      These are just guesses though.

Comment

• Patroklus
        Banned
        • Feb 2011

is your sleeve cap symmetrical? ie, same amount of material on both sides of the center line? what about the armscye?

Comment

• kagitsune
          • Nov 2010

You're obviously very hard-working and eager to learn... I'd like to send you over to fashion-incubator.com, so you can unlearn everything you've learned so far. Like I did.

Here's the answer to your problem... it has little to do with the guts. It DOES have everything to do with the pattern.

And here's the follow-up piece.
          Originally posted by Yohji Yamamoto, on his second Paris show
          From the next collection it became a war. I didn't want a war but too much attack made me fight.' And you are a good fighter, I say, referring to his black belt in karate. 'I am,' he nods.

Comment

• Patroklus
            Banned
            • Feb 2011

that blog is hit and miss. the sleeve cap ease is bogus article is, uh, a little off the mark, even if its heart is in the right place

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎