Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CARMEN
    • Aug 2012

attempting to step back into his heyday, i see...

awaiting twitter war II

Comment

• severin
      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by CommieRabbit View Post
      Seriously, everything here is like a check-list of what a ditzy fashion student sees as "rock" and "grunge". Would have loved to see Hedi's inspiring moodboard to accompany it.
      Harry Potter holding a copy of Nevermind in a cabin in Aspen, where he is snowed in so he has nothing to eat, and skins his dalmatian for warmth.
      take me up to the top of the city

Comment

• malevich
        • Jun 2012

Originally posted by HWith View Post
        And what's up with those scarves and checked shirts. They look out of place.
        For checked shirts one'd probably go to replay or most likely to abercrombie&fitch, briliant fashion basic

Comment

• christianef
          • Feb 2009

kinda like the striped nirvana sweater and oversized knits.

Comment

• TolleyAlways
            • May 2012

I'm confused as to why people get so excited that the new Ann is like old Ann but Hedi's shit is too much like his stuff from his days at Dior.

I felt some of the styling was off with the flannels but I like quite a few looks. The double rider look, the beige toggle coat, etc. He's good with his niche and admittedly it's not as revolutionary as his Dior collection, but it doesn't have to be.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
              • Nov 2007

i wanted to hate this but i don't and i actually like/borderline-want this rider jacket/cape combo:

the freddy krueger / kurt cobain sweater is cool too.

someone should post the balmain collection which is similar in spirit but more cohesive in my opinion...
              LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• avantbengoshi
                • Jan 2011

I normally lurk on this forum, but I was so disappointed by this collection that I felt compelled to speak out. Much of Hedi’s work at Dior Homme was truly elegant – the fabrics were beautiful, the color palette was rich, and there was a unifying aesthetic to his best collections.

Hedi’s passions for rock and rocker boys were obvious then, but there was a certain formalism at Dior that constrained his impulse to blindly reproduce that culture in his designs, and that tension resulted in some incredible work. By contrast, this is Hedi in full-on candy store mode, madly churning out a pastiche of rocker styles. This is Hedi’s private psychodrama, writ large on the world stage. I’m disappointed that Pilati was ousted for this, and I hope that his minders at PPR can reproduce whatever the conditions were of that intellectual ferment that led to Hedi’s period of brilliance at Dior.

Comment

• Castor
                  • Nov 2009

Nothing you can't find elsewhere in the market both high (Balmain, Dsquared) or low (Topman, Zara). So what is the point exactly?

If you don't have anything new to say, then don't say anything at all.
                  Originally posted by DRRRK
                  The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• mrbeuys
                    • May 2008

Originally posted by TolleyAlways View Post
                    I'm confused as to why people get so excited that the new Ann is like old Ann but Hedi's shit is too much like his stuff from his days at Dior.
                    Maybe because Ann doesn't really borrow from pop culture and therefore feels more timeless?
                    Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Castor
                      • Nov 2009

Unfortunately Hedi chose to copy from his most commercial collections, where Ann saluted her less commercial mode. That is a huge difference.
                      Originally posted by DRRRK
                      The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• noirgt
                        • Oct 2012

I think it's because Ann always makes her stuff as good as before, but Hedi, at least this time, failed
                        Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                        Maybe because Ann doesn't really borrow from pop culture and therefore feels more timeless?

Comment

• david s
                          • Jul 2010

Oddly enough before I started reading through all of the comments, some of the collection reminded me vaguely of Ann, but done in a lazy way. There's a certain ennui to this collection...decadence, but not in a pleasant way.

The uniform of a rich stoner who can't put thought into what he is going to wear in the morning.

And I think to mrbeuys point, Ann works a common theme over and over again, but manages to often inject something new or interesting into it. Also you get a sense their is texture in both a visceral and philosophical sense.
                          It's absolutely Hedious!
                          shy poser

Comment

• amen
                            • Dec 2010

ann also didn't take a decade hiatus. for a long anticipated come back this is pretty sad. reminds me of my one friend who still wears osiris skate shoes and thinks Jurassic 5 is the best rap group ever or the new wes anderson movie. i dont think hipsters even really dress like this anymore. it seems like he did this in jest to intentionally remind people why he was overrated to begin with and pay his mortage.

Comment

• jogu
                              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by amen View Post
                              reminds me of my one friend who still wears osiris skate shoes and
                              lol hey i used to love osiris shoes , i wore my pete smolik's for years an years till they literally fell apart

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                                Topman FW 2008?
                                I think most of you missed the point, which mrbeuys described so succintly. This is high street shit at designer prices.

Also, Mr. Slimane would do well to remember what the word "collection" means. This is just an incoherent mess underpinned by some vague notion of "youth."
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎