X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ES3K
    • Oct 2008

Tim Blanks on Style.com:

(...) it made a lot less sense, especially as the kids who are the prime components of his vision can already shop this look for zilch down the funky end of any L.A. boulevard.

Personally... I do miss Pilati!

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Wow, Tim Blanks destroying a collection in a review is a very rare occasion. No doubt, besides a clearly bad collection, it has partly to do with the arrogance of the whole YSL team towards journalists and Hedi's unfathomably large ego and disdainful attitude. I say good job, sir on reminding Slimane that he is a part of a fashion universe.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mrbeuys
        • May 2008

I was just about to say the same thing. And to see the review surrounded by Saint Laurent ads makes it even braver. I was wondering if he would bite the hand that feeds and I applaud him for it.
        Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• blackmagic
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            I think most of you missed the point, which mrbeuys described so succintly. This is high street shit at designer prices.

Also, Mr. Slimane would do well to remember what the word "collection" means. This is just an incoherent mess underpinned by some vague notion of "youth."
            What does the word collection mean?

Comment

• ES3K
              • Oct 2008

Yes, I've never read such a harsh, explicit review from Tim Blanks as well... normally all his criticism is between the lines. But this collection really is bad. Like a Zara Balmain copy, wardrobe basics, but missing iconic pieces and wannabe-rockstar glamour. More failed, poor band member. Even the tailoring seems off, which was always the strong point of the Pilati-era, IMHO.

Comment

• Pumpfish
                • Sep 2010

The (sli)man don't give a fuck about critical approval.

What customer needs to know what a bunch of jaded critics think?

When you can get yourself reassuringly expensive versions of the kinds of stuff kids and hippies buy for fuck all.

proposition is spend the cash, don't look too daft, get a bit of moss hince sparkle.

Why do we even care about SLP?
                spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• ES3K
                  • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Pumpfish View Post
                  (...) Why do we even care about SLP?
                  Hedi taking helm at YSL, changing brand name, doing womens... and now his first menswear Paris show... well, if this isn't worth a look if you're interested in fashion...

Personally, I'm glad that this forum isn't limited to discussion about dark Poellesque garment.

Comment

• Rosenrot
                    • Aug 2010

I'm waiting for Hedi's open letter to Tim Blanks and twitter slurs 2.0.
                    Originally posted by Patroklus
                    Better too adventurous than not enough
                    everyone should strive towards ballsiness

Comment

• galia
                      • Jun 2009

This looks like what junkies would wear. except junkies don't have money to waste on expensive fashion, so I guess this is a collection for people who want to look like junkies, without the lifestyle commitment? weak

Comment

• Crowzer
                        • Feb 2011

Some pants are not bad at all such as the leather ones.

Comment

• #ruin
                          • Jul 2011

outdated as expected, -sigh-

i think the varsity looks good though

Comment

• Pumpfish
                            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by ES3K View Post
                            Hedi taking helm at YSL, changing brand name, doing womens... and now his first menswear Paris show... well, if this isn't worth a look if you're interested in fashion...

Personally, I'm glad that this forum isn't limited to discussion about dark Poellesque garment.

I guess we spend quite some energy discussing long extinguished talents. Raf would be a good example here.

Personally, I've felt Both Raf and Hedi were both hyped way beyond their talent levels. And that SLP is a bit of a dogshow shouldn't be news to anyone.

I agree with you on keeping the discussion wider than Poell and Harnden, although within the SZ niche, the return this season is lookin good.
                            spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• ES3K
                              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                              I was just about to say the same thing. And to see the review surrounded by Saint Laurent ads makes it even braver. I was wondering if he would bite the hand that feeds and I applaud him for it.
                              Btw, all these Saint Laurent banners miraculously vanished from Style.com about two hours ago...

Comment

Originally posted by galia View Post
                                This looks like what junkies would wear. except junkies don't have money to waste on expensive fashion, so I guess this is a collection for people who want to look like junkies, without the lifestyle commitment? weak
                                Judging by Hedi's face he's living this lifestyle. I guess he can afford both.

This is just gross and unsympathetic. What's the message? There's nothing of relevance.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎