Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • i-d-g
    • Sep 2012

I'm starting my first button down shirt soon. I often see rolled hems on my nicer button downs, but I have one from american apparel that has overlock sticking.

Is there some kind of rule to this, or is it basically assumed that the rolled hem is the nicer way to finish a hem?
    “Man has somehow always feared this search, and I fear it even now. Suppose all man ever does is search for the reason, crosses oceans, sacrifices his life in the search; but to search it out, actually to find it, he’s afraid. For he senses that once he finds it, there will be nothing to search for.”

Comment

• ACM
      • Jan 2011

Why don't you try finishing it the way our InAisce button downs are finished? I personally prefer a hem that's a bit wider...just feels a bit more substantial :)

Comment

• i-d-g
        • Sep 2012

Aren't first garments allowed to be shitty? ;) And I personally don't know how to be honest haha.

I would prefer to finish it with a rolled hem because with the overlock makes it feel sort of "unfinished" on the inside. I don't know.

That video just posted was very informative (despite the obnoxious voice), so I'm just going to practice.
        “Man has somehow always feared this search, and I fear it even now. Suppose all man ever does is search for the reason, crosses oceans, sacrifices his life in the search; but to search it out, actually to find it, he’s afraid. For he senses that once he finds it, there will be nothing to search for.”

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎