Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Are Your Favorite Brands (that are cheap!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drizzly
    Banned
    • Apr 2012

Originally posted by modalsaliency View Post
    Whatever.

The Jil Sander collaboration was exclusively for them, and as far as I'm aware it was never made wholly clear how much it was her designing everything from the ground up. You know what I meant.
    friend of mine bought the jill collab and has said it has been holding up well

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Trouble
      GET OUT YOU DON'T BELONG HERE

Haha, just kidding. Right now your descriptions are very vague and you sound like you don't really know what you want. I'd advise you to browse around the forums more, it's like a museum of precious knowledge that's been well preserved for years.

Also you aren't going to get 'high quality' for 'cheap'. You can buy during sales and second hand, though.
      I hope you were half-kidding, because this is definitely not the right forum for such questions. Besides, we have several threads about basics like tshirts.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• the breaks
        • Sep 2007

Originally posted by voice_on_tape View Post
        For what it's worth the Uniqlo heat tech socks are the shit. They're the first socks I've had (for more than a year now) that look and feel exactly the same as they did when I bought them. I've had like $50+/pr socks in the past that didn't make it through the wash more than twice. The HT thermals and longjohns are also a damn good base layer here in chicago.
        Ditto re: the socks. Grandelle yarn for life, they're all I wear anymore :)
        Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• messenoire
          • Nov 2009

quality over quantity. cheap i would say odyn vovk, siki im, silent. just get good at stalking yoox.

Comment

• Raw
            • Oct 2009

I came across a brand called Benjamins on Gilt who make basic cotton tees. Supposedly made exclusively for Gilt Man. The cut looked decent and it's all made in USA so I picked up a few colours just to wear around the house as pajama tees. Quality and material seems above Uniqlo, the only thing is the length is a little short, they actually varied in length a little for different colours in the same size. One was a good length but the others a tad short. But that's not an issue for wearing them as PJ's.

Details and examples:

Comment

• voice_on_tape
              • Jun 2011

While we're discussing it. I bought a bunch of basics from yoox from a brand called "sleep" it was pretty cheap but made in Italy and very RO like in quality and design. Anyone ever heard of it? I tried to google but only could find different articles and pics of pajamas lol
              -v_o_t
              sale items

Comment

• Alseal
                • Dec 2012

the functionality and comfort are effectively delivered at competitive price point by Nike.
                i get way more use out of pair of Nike Free running shoes comparing to my Guidi, ma+, a1923.

Comment

• Tiron
                  • Nov 2012

Uniqlo leggings are a godsend for a basic cheap layer for the shorts and leggings combination.

Like everyone has said though go second hand/sales over plain cheap stuff.

Comment

• galia
                    • Jun 2009

French brand American Vintage (stupid name I know) is my favourite brand for cheap long sleeve tee shirts (and tee shirts in general). They have a website and during the sales you can get really good deals.

Comment

• mononon
                      • Sep 2009

i'm a big fan of uniqlo heattech shirts for basic tees. there's an army green colour which i think looks great as well and goes extremely well with a darker outerwear.
                      calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• drizzly
                        Banned
                        • Apr 2012

Originally posted by galia View Post
                        French brand American Vintage (stupid name I know) is my favourite brand for cheap long sleeve tee shirts (and tee shirts in general). They have a website and during the sales you can get really good deals.

http://www.americanvintage-store.com/fr/
                        cant order online?

Comment

• galia
                          • Jun 2009

Yeah you can, but maybe try putting en or us instead or fr in the url, I dunno. But there is a web shop

Comment

• flag
                            • Feb 2013

it won't let you order in the US

Comment

• galia
                              • Jun 2009

Weird. I'll check it out tomorrow and see if I can find a solution

Comment

• qazwsx
                                • Feb 2012

Im located in Canada and it says on the top of the page:
                                "You cannot place a new order from your country."

It doesn't even show any prices and the 'add to cart' button
                                same problem here..
                                "Things you own, end up owning you." --- Tyler Durden [FightClub 1999]

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎