Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Leon Emanuel Blanck

The transplant harness is one of the most interesting utilitarian developments I've seen so far.
    Last edited by 550BC; 02-20-2016 at 03:37 PM.
    a fish out of water dies

The jacket is sick, not sure what else to say. The leather is very stiff and there is no lining, so you will have to work it until it breaks in. If you want to avoid that, there is a stunning soft leather version hanging at H.Lorenzo. Or wait until this September and you will get a real surprise...
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by PUCK View Post
    PM sent!
    puck stop spamming the forum man
    Quote Originally Posted by unwashed View Post
    Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahimsa View Post
    I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Default S/T interviews LEB

LEB's interview with SOMESLASHTHINGS, which can be found here

"Push up the fader. Bang. Aligned with the seasonal pilgrimage or design harvest, if you will, the antipodes truly reign. They desire. They never need. They simply create. Theirs is a profound moment of suspense amidst a choir of followers. What would be left, if it were not for them. Silent observers always resonate the loudest, as listeners always anticipate best. Let us not forget, but forgive.

Garment constructor, Leon Emanuel Blanck is the embodiment of such selflessness. A calm wader, without pretext or unnecessary decor. Observant, composed and meticulous in his individual appraisal of contemporary tailoring. A lone wolf, perhaps, but one with an open heart. His poetic work exists as a calm reflection of self, a series of controlled experiments, conducted at the whims of our bodily anatomy. Leon might be the truest of long-lost proverbial design punks. Over a series of encounters, the following dialogue was developed.
    "

One of the most creative and original designers to come on the scene in a long time.
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

These pattern drafting techniques make my head spin, but they are so cool. The editing process, taking bits and pieces of from each pattern in each different pose to come up with the final pattern must be intense. I wonder at what point he is happy with the muslin to go to the final piece.

The last collection he presented in Paris was phenomenal. I am glad to see Leon expand his offerings into a fully-fledged line.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    The last collection he presented in Paris was phenomenal. I am glad to see Leon expand his offerings into a fully-fledged line.
    A much as I like his work conceptually, that was my biggest concern regarding his technique. the challenge of scaling it up and out across multiple products while still retaining the original concept. I think he has done an excellent Job at that and indeed, I too was impressed with the SS17 collection.

He gives me hope for the future of Avant garde mens fashion..

any photos online from S/S 2017?

Hey all, thanks for the lovely feedback on the last couple of posts. Just to give you a little update. We are now only releasing images of our AW1617 iteration of Anfractuous Distortion

- we are mostly done with our winter production - some stores have already received partial deliveries, the rest will follow by the end of the week.

AW1617 was a big step for us, we doubled the collection, reworked every pattern and and even introduced a small womens capsule collection.

The DISTORTION COMBAT BOOT, our footwear project in collaboration with DIMISSIANOS & MILLER, will be delivered to stores in October. My right and left foot was formend like usually with my items - the patterns were later adjusted to fit the last - consequentely having a different pattern for the left and right boot.

But you will see more of this later.

Photos from the SS17 iteration will be released just prior to the stores getting the items.

If you have any questions, item specific or otherwise feel free to ask.

best wishes
    Leon
    Hier könnte Ihre Werbung stehen!

This is the teaser for an upcoming shortfilm of ANFRACTUOUS DISTORTION. Leon will be releasing the lookbook of this iteration next week... there are a couple of things in the pipeline.

The film will be shown in Berlin in November. Stay tuned.
    Last edited by 550BC; 09-30-2016 at 08:15 AM.
    a fish out of water dies

Edition of 3 for StyleZeitgeist pop-up. Hand-waxed 1.88 mm horse leather. Each one is made by Leon from start to finish.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Is the new lookbook anywhere to be seen now?

Quote Originally Posted by LEB View Post
    Hey all, thanks for the lovely feedback on the last couple of posts. Just to give you a little update. We are now only releasing images of our AW1617 iteration of Anfractuous Distortion

- we are mostly done with our winter production - some stores have already received partial deliveries, the rest will follow by the end of the week.

AW1617 was a big step for us, we doubled the collection, reworked every pattern and and even introduced a small womens capsule collection.

The DISTORTION COMBAT BOOT, our footwear project in collaboration with DIMISSIANOS & MILLER, will be delivered to stores in October. My right and left foot was formend like usually with my items - the patterns were later adjusted to fit the last - consequentely having a different pattern for the left and right boot.

But you will see more of this later.

Photos from the SS17 iteration will be released just prior to the stores getting the items.

If you have any questions, item specific or otherwise feel free to ask.

best wishes
    Leon
    I love the boots and want it so much!!
    When can I buy it?
    Do you know what store sell it in Japan?

Quote Originally Posted by tornaremavencer View Post
    Is the new lookbook anywhere to be seen now?
    We will post it in a few days.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Leon Emanuel Blanck F/W 2016 - Anfractuous Distortion

https://www.sz-mag.com/news/2016/11/...nck-fw16-mens/

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Phew, love the photos, the collection seems exceptional. Stumbled across his work by accident on Instagram a year or two ago, was totally taken by the patterns and construction then, just as I am now. Great stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ann jp View Post
    I love the boots and want it so much!!
    When can I buy it?
    Do you know what store sell it in Japan?
    Hello everybody,

our boots, that were made in collaboration with Dimissianos&Miller, have finally been sent out and arrived at stores.

They are available here:

Atelier New York - New York

The Archive - San Francisco

SV Moscow - Moscow

Ink - Hong Kong

Hide M - Munich

Loom - Osaka

Gullam - Tokyo

Best wishes,
    Leon
    Hier könnte Ihre Werbung stehen!

I saw these samples in person in Paris this past June and they were Amazing.

I really liked how the concept transferred very well from the clothing to the Shuzzzz.....

And yea, Leon, I still need my pair........LOL

I saw them this past weekend at Atelier. Stellar looking shoes. I love how they're both totally different patterns but in the best way possible.