X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • liberty_of_style
    • Aug 2011

Leon Emanuel Blanck

Here is the thread about German based desinger Leon Emanuel Blanck.
    I found his works very interesting and creative. Lots of handmade work.
    With an eye for detail. And I like how it close to the architecture.

All information is from his Facebook page and from this blogpost:
    http://theabsoluteblackobsession.blo...n-germany.html
    Leon Emanuel Blanck. 3,948 likes. Artisanal clothing - handcrafted in Germany

LEON EMANUEL BLANCK’s new project, called ANFRACTUOUS DISTORTION was created by ignoring regular pattern making methods. While developing this collection, Leon solely used larger pieces of fabric and formed them directly on the human body. During the forming process, normal seams were completely ignored - this resulted in atypical silhouettes that showcase extremely unique and complicated patterns.

Every piece in the collection was shaped using this method with some of the pieces being constructed into sculptures using a process adapted from naval architecture.

All garments are handcrafted in Germany.

The first step to every piece of the collection is apparantely a sculpture like this one.
    I'm not rich enough to buy cheap things...
  • liberty_of_style
    • Aug 2011

Here are some pictures from his facebook page

I'm not rich enough to buy cheap things...

Comment

• CAIN
      • Jun 2013

Leon Emanuel Blanck

Amazing collection by German designer Leon Blanck.

Comment

• surver
        • Oct 2007

amazing, how? just more of the same...

Comment

• CAIN
          • Jun 2013

Originally posted by surver
          amazing, how? just more of the same...

And this constructions are similar to?

Comment

• LEB
            • May 2012

Hey all,

first, thanks for posting my collection. Thanks for the critisim - But there are a few things that went wrong here.

1. It is not Summer 2013, considering that I just showed the collection in Paris it should be Summer 2014, but hear me out.

2. I do not make seasonal collections, the poject is called ANFRACTUOS DISTORTION and was first introduced in January with winter fabrics. I made some slight adjustments and added some pieces and the materials so it works as a Summer collection.

3. It is a very small collection (13 pieces) - and I will be adding and adjusting more with "seasons" to come.

4. The reason why the collection looks like this:

ANFRACTUOUS DISTORTION was created by ignoring regular pattern making methods. While developing this collection, I solely used larger pieces of fabric and formed them directly on the human body. This was also done, will the person I formed it on, was not in a "statue like" position, more in a relaxed or in a moving position.

So all the seams just naturally found its place due to how the fabric "draped" around the body during the forming process.

Within this forming process, normal seams were completely ignored - this resulted in atypical silhouettes that showcase extremely unique and complicated patterns.

Every piece in the collection was shaped using this method with some of the pieces being constructed into sculptures using a process adapted from naval architecture.

I am pointing out to another thread in the Designers and Their Work forum. http://stylezeitgeist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16428

Thanks for reading,

Leon
            Hier könnte Ihre Werbung stehen!

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

moved the recent posts to this thread as they are not seasonal
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faye
                • Apr 2009

now this is some really interesting work!
                I can imagine that it must be quite challenging to create something from scratch on a bust (Correct me if I'm mistaken, but isn't that Sruli Recht's approach to creating his garments?), let alone creating it on a living and moving (!!) human.

some crazy pattern work going on here:

some may criticize that the patterns may be too random and exaggerated (too much going on...), but personally I quite like it.
                However, given the complex and unusual patterns, I can also imagine it to be very difficult for grading into other sizes for commercial sales. maybe that's also one of the reasons why the collection contains 13 pieces only?

Comment

• Sombre
                  • Jan 2009

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                  moved the recent posts to this thread as they are not seasonal
                  What happened to all the other posts? There were a couple from zamb and some others that have disappeared.

On topic, the construction seems excellent. I love the seam work, and I think creating the garment literally around the body is a great starting point (although it must be extremely difficult). For me this puts it with Devoa and Collateral in creating clothes for the body.
                  An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                  I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

hmm, I have no idea what happened. I saw those posts too, I believe they were made in this thread after I moved the earlier ones, but now I can't see them anywhere
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

I deleted them. Zam's got deleted because they were responses to ojsimpons idiocies.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Sombre
                        • Jan 2009

Thanks, Faust. OK I see. I hope those posts don't deter Leon from posting here, because the work is amazing. I saw some detailed photos of that black leather in the OP, and the seam work is incredible.

And thanks lowrey for checking on it.
                        An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                        I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• LEB
                          • May 2012

Faye, thank you for the kind words. Indeed it is quite time consuming to make a pattern like that. Roughly 70 hours, depending on material used and whether it is for lower or upper body.

Grading in the actual sense is impossible - I have to put the one piece of clothing on a person that is ether shorter or bigger than the garment and then cut it open on the seams to make it fit.

SombreResplendence, many thanks for your compliment.

Here is one pattern of a pair of pants that is on the easier side:

As you can see on the picture Faye posted, I am doing an exhibition in Munich starting this friday - everybody is welcome to come by to take a closer look.
                          Hier könnte Ihre Werbung stehen!

Comment

• cjbreed
                            • Feb 2009

i think this is interesting. one of the more interesting "new" designers i've seen in a while. i can see how the look is familiar but the construction is wildly different. and it is a look that i quite like.

anyone handled anything in person? how are the materials? pattern and technique are one thing but quality is another. i am curious about this label and i don't consider it to be more of the same...
                            dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• zamb
                              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
                              i think this is interesting. one of the more interesting "new" designers i've seen in a while. i can see how the look is familiar but the construction is wildly different. and it is a look that i quite like.

anyone handled anything in person? how are the materials? pattern and technique are one thing but quality is another. i am curious about this label and i don't consider it to be more of the same...
                              Ive seen it and handled some in person. not ths season but last season. i went ot his showroom twice this season but didn't get to look at the stuff
                              and its not more of the same

I am sorry my post were deleted because it would answer a lot of the questions you are now asking

Some of the leathers are from guidi and fabrics are good

i will give you a greater response later tonight as its hectic here
                              “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                              .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎