X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • naturalalmonds
    • Sep 2013

Originally posted by patR View Post
    I read a couple articles on the collection not too long ago. IIRC, there is one in the heart area to commemorate the animal's death.

On another note, I'm interested in pre-ordering this: https://www.antonioli.eu/en/men/products/distn01z-black

Any "zipper connoisseurs" know what zip that could be? I've had a lot of problems with Lampo in the past, so as long as it's not that, I should be good to go
    Would have been nice for them to style it open, as well. As it stands, looks like you might be storing a goiter...
    I want to do product, I am a product person, not just clothing but water bottle design - Kanye West

Comment

• ian+
      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by r3dbarr0n1
      Interesting thing I found about LEB, is in the beginning his pieces seemed to have somewhat random cuts. While now for this new collection his pieces seem much more precise and with a lot more purpose. As well as very cool, and innovative looks in general. He has definitely grown.
      random cuts? The whole concept of Leon Emanuel Blanck was to design clothes that mimic the movements of the human body. I don't see any randomness in this.
      ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• r3dbarr0n1
        • Jul 2015

Originally posted by ian+ View Post
        random cuts? The whole concept of Leon Emanuel Blanck was to design clothes that mimic the movements of the human body. I don't see any randomness in this.
        The cuts are not random. To the first glance it did look random in some previous collections. This new "collection" for FW 15 seems much more precise and more "clean" like LEB has gotten his whole vision and or concept down. Each "collection" has gotten better and better in its construction, and design. From my observation anyway.
        Last edited by r3dbarr0n1; 07-30-2015, 09:41 PM.

Comment

• Ahimsa
          Vegan Police
          • Sep 2011

StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Arkady
            • Apr 2011

Incredible as always. That hooded top looks very interesting.

Comment

• 550BC
              • Jan 2013

The transplant harness is one of the most interesting utilitarian developments I've seen so far.
              Last edited by 550BC; 02-20-2016, 03:37 PM.
              a fish out of water dies

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

The jacket is sick, not sure what else to say. The leather is very stiff and there is no lining, so you will have to work it until it breaks in. If you want to avoid that, there is a stunning soft leather version hanging at H.Lorenzo. Or wait until this September and you will get a real surprise...
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                  • Apr 2013

Originally posted by PUCK
                  PM sent!
                  puck stop spamming the forum man
                  Originally posted by unwashed
                  Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                  Originally posted by Ahimsa
                  I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• NOHSAD
                    • Nov 2014

S/T interviews LEB

LEB's interview with SOMESLASHTHINGS, which can be found here

"Push up the fader. Bang. Aligned with the seasonal pilgrimage or design harvest, if you will, the antipodes truly reign. They desire. They never need. They simply create. Theirs is a profound moment of suspense amidst a choir of followers. What would be left, if it were not for them. Silent observers always resonate the loudest, as listeners always anticipate best. Let us not forget, but forgive.

Garment constructor, Leon Emanuel Blanck is the embodiment of such selflessness. A calm wader, without pretext or unnecessary decor. Observant, composed and meticulous in his individual appraisal of contemporary tailoring. A lone wolf, perhaps, but one with an open heart. His poetic work exists as a calm reflection of self, a series of controlled experiments, conducted at the whims of our bodily anatomy. Leon might be the truest of long-lost proverbial design punks. Over a series of encounters, the following dialogue was developed.
                    "
                    "Instead of feeling alone in a group, it's better to have real solitude all by yourself"

ShopDDavis.etsy.com

IG: @D.__Dvais

Comment

• zamb
                      • Nov 2006

One of the most creative and original designers to come on the scene in a long time.
                      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Lex1017
                        • Jul 2015

These pattern drafting techniques make my head spin, but they are so cool. The editing process, taking bits and pieces of from each pattern in each different pose to come up with the final pattern must be intense. I wonder at what point he is happy with the muslin to go to the final piece.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

The last collection he presented in Paris was phenomenal. I am glad to see Leon expand his offerings into a fully-fledged line.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            The last collection he presented in Paris was phenomenal. I am glad to see Leon expand his offerings into a fully-fledged line.
                            A much as I like his work conceptually, that was my biggest concern regarding his technique. the challenge of scaling it up and out across multiple products while still retaining the original concept. I think he has done an excellent Job at that and indeed, I too was impressed with the SS17 collection.

He gives me hope for the future of Avant garde mens fashion..
                            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• dji
                              • Feb 2008

any photos online from S/S 2017?

Comment

• LEB
                                • May 2012

Hey all, thanks for the lovely feedback on the last couple of posts. Just to give you a little update. We are now only releasing images of our AW1617 iteration of Anfractuous Distortion

- we are mostly done with our winter production - some stores have already received partial deliveries, the rest will follow by the end of the week.

AW1617 was a big step for us, we doubled the collection, reworked every pattern and and even introduced a small womens capsule collection.

The DISTORTION COMBAT BOOT, our footwear project in collaboration with DIMISSIANOS & MILLER, will be delivered to stores in October. My right and left foot was formend like usually with my items - the patterns were later adjusted to fit the last - consequentely having a different pattern for the left and right boot.

But you will see more of this later.

Photos from the SS17 iteration will be released just prior to the stores getting the items.

If you have any questions, item specific or otherwise feel free to ask.

best wishes
                                Leon
                                Hier könnte Ihre Werbung stehen!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍