• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • armoured_
    • Feb 2013

First post - tailored trousers

Hi all,

This is my first post.
    I'm currently studying at Fashion Design Studio (Sydney, Australia), really want to learn more about tailoring/drape.

This is my first attempt at a pair of cropped tailored trousers. I'm 5'2, so they look very short in the pics. I bought some cotton twill with slight stretch. I added a dropped crotch and a slight curve down the leg.

Overall I'm impressed with the overall fit, I probably would have added a couple more centimetres to the hem opening, probably a little too tight.
    Belt loops need to be finished and also going to zig-zag stitch the pockets.

amadcurse.tumblr.com
  • i-d-g
    • Sep 2012

From just below the knee down to the hem looks a little too snug. The drop is subtle, which I really like. Other than what you said about the hem opening, I think these are superb.
    “Man has somehow always feared this search, and I fear it even now. Suppose all man ever does is search for the reason, crosses oceans, sacrifices his life in the search; but to search it out, actually to find it, he’s afraid. For he senses that once he finds it, there will be nothing to search for.”

Comment

• other_animals
      • Mar 2012

i really quite like the tight leg opening. i've had many of my slouchier pants tailored to this effect though. it's a personal preference though, probably due to growing up in so cal...

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎