X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LelandJ
    Banned
    • Apr 2014

I've always wondered how many hundreds or thousands of people threaten to sue an internet forum every day over false claims of libel. It's about as unbecoming as the original scams.

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

is he actually threathening legal action because his username has been (perhaps rightfully) tarnished? I've seen people get worried if their full name and address are posted which makes sense...
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Lohikaarme
        • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        So, kunk75 sent me this message on Facebook
        Apparently he has also made a fake account on SZ. Seller beware.

"hi eugene, being that i paid you and everyone else allegedly screwed by me before i was allowed to explain myself and that the content about me on sz has led me to be disparaged on other fora, i am politely asking you to remove the posts, especially since it seems punitive being that others have done worse and continue to owe people money. you banned me, i've circled upo with everyone, the point has been made and if the posts aren't removed, I will ask my attorney to contact you. I am not trying to be an asshole but I deserve better as someone you called a friend. I have no intention of trying to rejoin so I'd appreciate it,"
        New account? Interesting... Dunno your forum ownership privileges but does SZ log IP Addresses when accounts are created/used? Could probably reasonably find the banned user's new account.

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

I don't think even with IPs it gets more specific than a city and NYC has quite a lot of registered SZ members.
          www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

we can see where users register and login from among other things. let us worry about that.
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Got another FB message from kunk75 today.

"i'm glad you find it comical. You won't when you receive a letter from an attorney. And classy to ban me once you got your money even though it was NYU's responsibility. Almost as classy as when you had a remarkable turn around on your feelings on BBS once you started getting free shit as 10-12 forum members have told me. Keep banning people left and right so you can enjoy your amazing forum of 12 users over the age of 17. you're fucking pathetic."

For the record, I have never received a gift from BBS. They once paid me in trade for the essay I wrote in the BBS book.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• LelandJ
                Banned
                • Apr 2014

I hope kunk has a lawyer write Faust a letter so we can read it here, will be the ultimate in comic relief.

Comment

• endersgame
                  • Aug 2009

i doubt there is any lawyer drafting a letter. a good lawyer would just tell kunk this is a total waste of time. but he wants to retain an attorney for a couple grand, yeah they can write a letter, or file a complaint, and drag this to court for 2+ years. i mean what kind of punative damages are we talking here? lost wages because of bad internet rep? how do you prove something like that?

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

"Plaintiff seeks $50 for lost e-reputation"

I don't think its worth trying to see any reason or make sense out of it, because there is none...

Comment

• Dorje
                      • Oct 2013

Lol! There's no way kunk is going to win a slander case. The only thing that's going to happen is his lawyer is going to get a paycheck.

Unfortunately there's no way to keep banned people from making a new account on a forum if they really want to.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                        • Jul 2013

What a shame, I'd always enjoyed his posts back in the styleforum days.
                        bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• upsilonkng
                          • May 2010

he's a funny dude and a devout rick guy, but yeah if he hires a lawyer not sure if lawyers will take a "sorry i spaced will pay u in 3 years or not, sorry bro ur check got lost in the mail will send another or not " as down payment.. my favorite one is the one where he was to meet someone outside of his work to buy something and then just never did and then months later told him here that he was working with attitude like it was his fault that kunk had a job.. that was classic!

Comment

• Vinyl Only
                            • Jun 2012

^Pretty funny UpsilonK. for being dead-on true from what I can see from his old posts and shenanigans. I came across some posts of him boasting about how much money he made selling his company?-- Are these claims along with his suburban backdrops also false? Was he borrowing Rick Owens pieces from a neighbor and breaking into suburban homes just to click a photo? Was he actually friends with anyone on this board? Does anyone know why he suddenly became a bumbling, pathological liar? The people wanna know!?

Comment

• comedyzen
                              • May 2009

Good points Vinyl, I wanna know too!!!. I also loved how the Rick Owens x Uncle Fester collaboration attempted to be humble yet under handily boasted with comments like "My assistant this..." and "buying a house that.." I knew he was a pretentious broke fu@k with serious issues. He contacted me re: one of my sales thread and I told him no thanks, hells no....not interested in any trade or transaction. Good riddance.

Comment

• phoenixforever
                                Banned
                                • Jul 2014

i will get banned again hopefully but since you all continue to disparage me, i'd like to point out i am doing just fine financially and otherwise and i don't know why you all continue to talk about things you don't know about like a bunch of washwomen. Go see the world, get off the computer. I wouldn't be here if I hadn't been emailed that you fools were continuing to talk shit.

I sell to people all the time and it would have been nice if the members here spoke up about the flawless transactions they had had with me but they are all afraid of being banned by the commandant.

yes, i have a home, a car, sold my business, am not on skid row. please proceed with banning me and i am sure this will be quickly deleted.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎