Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: BEWARE OF SCAMMERS

Quote Originally Posted by dash View Post
    Regarding this recent incident: I bought an item, the one that I got didn't match the one that I thought I had bought. I don't know why, and I haven't made any accusations towards the seller - but I'm going to continue chasing it up with DHL, and my mail forwarding service to try to find out what happened. To protect myself I started a Paypal claim as the item received wasn't the one that I purchased and like sbw4224 notes the package didn't arrive damaged. I'm currently without the funds and the item but hopefully I'll be able to track down if anything happened en route to me. These issues are an inherent risk to buying/selling online I guess - and this isn't the first issue I've experienced.
    So what you're saying is that you purchased a jacket, and received a package with a completely different jacket? Since you said that you are not making any claims towards the seller (why not, wouldn't that be the logical response?), what is your perception of what happened?
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Regarding this recent incident: I bought an item, the one that I got didn't match the one that I thought I had bought. I don't know why, and I haven't made any accusations towards the seller - but I'm going to continue chasing it up with DHL, and my mail forwarding service to try to find out what happened. To protect myself I started a Paypal claim as the item received wasn't the one that I purchased and like sbw4224 notes the package didn't arrive damaged. I'm currently without the funds and the item but hopefully I'll be able to track down if anything happened en route to me. These issues are an inherent risk to buying/selling online I guess - and this isn't the first issue I've experienced.
    the more i read this, the less it makes sense.

are you trying to claim that someone else's parcel was redirected towards your address? [the chances of which actually ever occurring are preposterously low-slash-impossible]

even if that did occur, you do realize the chances of you receiving any jacket [let alone a piece of clothing at all] under such a circumstance would be relatively, well, nil.

it would be helpful if you could explain what, exactly, you mean by "mail forwarding service".

you're overcomplicating a process which is actually very straightforward.

shipments come via post [a federally run service], or courier [a private enterprise], your description of the mail stream things run through to get to you [in a major city centre, by the way] are highly circumspect.

mail forwarding services are typically for people who have moved, and need items coming to an old address redirected to a new one.

so, are you meaning to say you're having people ship to one address [ie - the one associated with your PayPal and/or payments], and then having everything forwarded from there to another one?

that alone is suspicious as all F.

even just writing this post, my brain is doing backflips trying to rationalize any small piece of what you've said...

-

Let me clarify with the facts.

1) I shipped to his work address (as requested by Greg) via DHL Express. It arrived in 3 business days from the US to the UK, signed and tracked to his office location.

2) DHL verified that the package arrived undamaged.

Greg tried to claim that he received a different jacket (untrue), and attempted to get a full refund via Paypal. His logic doesn't add up because it simply isn't factual.

In the end, Paypal closed his account because of a history of this behavior.

I feel lucky to have a positive ending to an attempted scam/fraud, and hope that this prevents anyone else from going through the same ordeal with him.

Edit: I looked up the address I shipped to, and while Greg did say it was his work address, it apparently is a forwarding service.
    Last edited by sbw4224; 01-29-2016 at 04:40 PM.

i bought something once and the guy that sold it to me recorded the entire packaging process and sent me a link to view images of it. the package was prepared in a way that would make it difficult to reproduce or forge in any way. including date/time/ID stuff. it would be very difficult if not impossible to claim he shipped me the wrong items. i thought it was a cool thing to do but a bit overkill. perhaps not.

once or twice i have recorded the unpacking process when i felt like i was dealing with a shady character as well.
    dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Quote Originally Posted by lowrey View Post
    So what you're saying is that you purchased a jacket, and received a package with a completely different jacket? Since you said that you are not making any claims towards the seller (why not, wouldn't that be the logical response?), what is your perception of what happened?
    I don't know, and I thought it not fair to make accusations without correctly knowing what had happened - I've contacted people today to enquire about what possibly may have occurred.

I just want to note as well, that the comment about my Paypal account being closed because of a history of this behaviour was not correct. I'm logged into it right now, and just made a purchase.

@CuriousCharles I deal with a lot of transactions, and have learned not to put my real address on there with my business transactions after I suffered some harassment last year. When buying/selling 1000's of items, some issues are bound to emerge - and I'm just reducing my chances of getting stalked. I also travel around a lot so it helps manage my deliveries when I'm not in the town/country.

@CuriousCharles I deal with a lot of transactions, and have learned not to put my real address on there with my business transactions after I suffered some harassment last year. When buying/selling 1000's of items, some issues are bound to emerge - and I'm just reducing my chances of getting stalked. I also travel around a lot so it helps manage my deliveries when I'm not in the town/country.
    okay that's totally reasonable.

your level-headed responses are certainly encouraging.

the whole situation is just quite perplexing so excuse any accusatory tone on my part and i'll just sit back an observe with objective curiostiy.

-

I wouldn't buy into his story at all, but I'll leave it at that. The guy attempted to scam me and it didn't work due to the fact that he's had a history with Paypal of shady transactions and claims. If I had received a jacket that wasn't what I purchased, my behavior would have been nothing like how Greg acted.

These types of instances, especially the fact that Bonejelly also had something shady happen with his transaction, are not coincidences. That should be enough of a red flag.

And cjbreed, I talked to Paypal and even video evidence wouldn't hold up against a buyer claim. According to them, there's no evidence that you can 100% prove you shipped the actual item. They side with the buyer in almost all cases, unless the buyer has committed fraud in the past.

I've got a long record on this forum...
    Sixteen posts?
    After reading this debate, Dash, you sound 100% full of shit. Excuses for everything... typical.

Default sshum88 Sells Fake DRKSHDW

I received a fake DRKSHDW jacket from sshum88. He had a listing for a DRKSHDW Stag bomber from F/W 2014, but he has since deleted the post. I have screen captures, but you all know how MC works, so I'll just move on to the important parts.

The flaws were obvious from the get-go. The fabric felt thin and cheap, and then I noticed that all of the other typical details were off. He dismissed them as seasonal variation. This was bullshit, because not only am I not stupid, but I have a DRKSHDW fishtail parka from the same season (Moody) in the same material (MUR) that I purchased from an authorized retailer (Singolare). He claims that he didn't know it was fake, but these flaws are so obvious to anyone who has ever handled Rick that given his history here, he had to have known it was fake.

Below is a breakdown with pictures of the differences.

Drawstrings:

Fake on the left, real on the right. OK, maybe the original was pulled out and lost. But then the tags:

FAKE

vs

REAL

The real tags are from my fishtail parka. Differences worth noting are the material of the tags, the side of the inside pocket that the tag is sewn into, the vintage effect zipper teeth, and the smooth vs. textured zipper pull. Also of note, the fake jacket in size M fits tighter than the real jacket in size S.

Next the Rick picture label:

FAKE

REAL

The dimensions are obviously off on the fake version.

The zippers:

Everyone here knows that the zipper on the right side is the legit one, since it has the correct textured tab, the vintage effect teeth, and chunkier pull. The teeth on the fake jacket are shiny, the pull is smaller, the zipper stop is off, and the tab is wrong.

The jacket inside:

FAKE

REAL

The quilted lining is much nicer in the real version, and it extends into the hood. I'm not even going to insult your intelligence with pointing out the joke of a 2 stripes label on the fake.

I requested a refund via PayPal dispute, and he said he'd be happy to refund me if I got a letter from the RO store in NYC. So that's what I'm doing tomorrow.
    Last edited by DudleyGray; 02-14-2016 at 07:16 PM.

Yo Dudley, I've dealt with Sshum88 multiple times and he is nothing but a class act. Are you trying to say he purposely deceived you, sold you a fake jacket, and then requested you go to NYC to get it verified as fake? Seems out of character for S.
    Quote Originally Posted by hausofblaq View Post
    Grow up.

I know you have, because when I saw the stag bomber for sale, I checked the sellers feedback thread and decided just to pull the trigger based on reputation, rather than going through everything with a fine-toothed comb. I guess that was my mistake, never trust anyone with used Rick.

But this jacket is so obviously fake, how else can you interpret what happened? It's insulting just to think you could sell it to any SZ member.

Yep, every detail seems pretty obviously fake to trained eyes.

Have to chime in on dash, as these messages got some synapses moving and checked my old emails relating to disputes on Paypal.

Seems in the fall of September 2013 I bought a couple of Rick tees from him from sufu and after multiple messages (after I had promptly paid) there the only way to get him to ship them was open a Paypal dispute and even then I get bullshit excuses... Seems his handle over there at the time myownparadigm is now banned, so....

EDIT: added year I forgot to mention

Quote Originally Posted by mikko View Post
    Have to chime in on dash, as these messages got some synapses moving and checked my old emails relating to disputes on Paypal.

Seems in the fall of September 2013 I bought a couple of Rick tees from him from sufu and after multiple messages (after I had promptly paid) there the only way to get him to ship them was open a Paypal dispute and even then I get bullshit excuses... Seems his handle over there at the time myownparadigm is now banned, so....

EDIT: added year I forgot to mention
    Mate my sister was just diagnosed with cancer at that time so I was a bit slow posting out (but I did post out). I've spoken to you many times since then on Facebook, didn't realise it was still an issue. I explained all this stuff to you - have some sensitivity please.

Didn't even realise I was banned tbh from sufu, don't go there anymore - mostly here/fb/grailed.

This just doesn't end.

Greg lost the Paypal dispute because of a long history of fraudulent activity on his account, and now has opened a chargeback case with his credit card company against me.

If anyone has any history with him or Paypal/international legal advice, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by sbw4224 View Post
    This just doesn't end.

Greg lost the Paypal dispute because of a long history of fraudulent activity on his account, and now has opened a chargeback case with his credit card company against me.

If anyone has any history with him or Paypal/international legal advice, please PM me.
    I haven't commented on here properly out of faith that you were acting in good will, but I'm not sure now.

I lost a paypal dispute after not receiving the item I purchased - I was out of pocket financially and out of the item, but yet I was the one called out for being a scammer here. He also sent me a number of threatening email messages and threats to contact my place of work.

I rang the police and my bank and have been following their advice.

I don't know why paypal didn't award the dispute in my favour. I had my account limited a while back and it was made high risk. I think it was something to do with me accessing it via a secure VPN (that I am required to use for work) and so they weren't sure if it was actually me - but for a long time, I wasn't able to withdraw any of my balance.

In this case again, I'm still out of pocket. I resorted to doing a chargeback after paypal were not cooperative. But in doing so, I've lost my positive balance in my paypal account from some recent sales.

I do not have a long history of fraudulent activity. I've got a long standing history of good trading within these communities, back to the Dior Homme Yahoo Group days, but I'm now mostly active on Facebook groups/Grailed (where I'm an admin).

I hope this was just a misunderstanding, but as this goes on I'd increasingly be willing to suggest people be cautious when trading with sbw4224 as he almost took my money without me receiving the item I ordered.
    Last edited by dash; 03-03-2016 at 07:34 AM.

Greg, or eBay user natrs88, updated his Facebook profile on February 24th, wearing a Paul Harnden Artist jacket in black -- the identical one I sold him.

Links to Greg's profile picture and the jacket I sold him are below. Anyone familiar with PH will know immediately that it's an artist jacket, but check out the weave of the fabric and the button holes. Identical to the one I sent (Winter Wool/Linen blend from 2-3 years ago).

Greg:

The PH Artist wool/linen blend jacket sold (pictures taken by me):

Rubbish - I never received the item from you. Knowing that you're browsing my Facebook page (from the previous screenshots), I also wouldn't post a picture of me wearing it if I was trying to rip you off. I've dealt with people on here for a number of years so there's people that can vouch for me if needed. In addition to being an admin on a number of big Facebook groups and on grailed - I've proxied for members here without charging. I don't rip people off.

I know I'm not posting on here and getting all angry, etc, but I just followed the proper procedure, got advice and got my money back finally from this transaction that went wrong. I don't have as much time as I used to a few years ago to spend on the forums and the groups because of work and everything else (mostly work though) - so yeh I'm not really as active as I used to be.
    Last edited by dash; 03-05-2016 at 09:46 PM.

If I was trying to rip you off - why would I wear your jacket in my profile picture? :-/
    Stupidity.

I've dealt with people on here for a number of years so there's people that can vouch for me if needed. In addition to being an admin on a number of big Facebook groups and on grailed - I've proxied for members here without charging. I don't rip people off.

I don't have as much time as I used to a few years ago to spend on the forums and the groups because of work and everything else (mostly work though) - so yeh I'm not really as active as I used to be.
    You keep repeating how well known and active and all you are, yet you tip toe around the actual issue. Why are you being cryptical as fuck?

so far all we have are very sketchy details about this transaction on your part. you claimed that instead of the parcel that was sent to you, you happened to receive a different one that just happened to be a jacket as well, just not the right one. This is at least what I understood. Yet you haven't exactly explained what it was that you got though - wrong brand, some cheap no-name jacket, or what? was it in the original package from the sender, or was it a different package and from whom? if I were in this situation, I would sure as hell explain it thoroughly but you are being cryptic with everything, which is typical scammer behavior.

Additionally, it doesn't make it any less sketchy that you use some sort of a forwarding service because you're worried about being stalked or harrased (why this would happen to someone who buys and sells normally - I don't know), you use a VPN for "work" and thus your paypal account was limited, you said you've had a lot of parcels gone missing, one member had an experience where the mail was tracked all the way to your local post office but was claimed as lost (very rare), another member had to file a dispute to get you to ship something... And indeed it does look like you are wearing a very similar jacket in those photos, or do you disagree? You didn't care to explain this, but instead spent time explaining how trustworthy you are which again seems like you are trying to avoid the topic.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG