X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • awlouie
    • Sep 2007

Buyers beware...

Hello SZ members, I’ve dealt with Upsilonkng on a few occasions, some purchases, and a few trades. He’s well known on SuFu and here on SZ and until recently seemed to be an an honorable and nice guy. About 2 years ago, I had purchased a RO crust collection geo leather jacket xs from him. The jacket I received was most likely washed and shrank, sleeves were altered (shortened), and the knit cuffs had some holes. I had mentioned these flaws and told him that it was tight on me but, I was still able to wear it over a t-shirt. He apologized and said that he would try to make it up to me next time I make a purchase from him. Last month in November, he told me that a friend of his in Japan owns another RO crust geo leather jacket xs and in perfect condition and said that it will cost about $1150+ fees. I told him that I would be interested and will trade him for my RO crust geo leather xs that I had bought from him previously and also add a RO mid-collar intarsia leather jacket xs. I sent him the two RO leather jackets first and I waited for his friend to ship to him the other geo leather jacket. After about a week, he received the geo jacket from his friend and shipped it to me. The jacket I received from his friend was even smaller than the one that I had bought from him previously. I thought to myself, I’m sure Upsilonkng will take responsibility and send me back my two jackets that I had traded him...He tells me that he had already sold them and says he would help me sell my smaller jacket. I asked him for either $1100 or something of equal value that would fit me. I was naïve and trusted him…I’ve contacted him three times already and told him that I am open to have a reasonable resolution to this deal. There hasn’t been any reply or response from him since November 27th. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions? Thanks

P.s. I was lucky and fortunate to find a buyer for the very small jacket but, still expect Upsilonkng to compensate me in some way.
    Last edited by awlouie; 12-23-2015, 10:20 AM.
    "Fashions fade, style is eternal." —Yves Saint Laurent

"Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successfull personality and duplicate it."
    -Bruce Lee

Comment

• upsilonkng
      • May 2010

this is so ridiculous man...

first of all..
      I had the first geo on sale here, had measurements and pics etc.. art took it along w/ a discounted price. It was smaller than he thought it was going to be. since then I've sold him another Geo that was slightly too big. a few months ago I told him a friend was selling a geo that was also oiled calf and the measurements he gave me seem do-able for art, so I told him that. He offered 2 jackets as trade, I told him my friend wasn't trading but selling, so that was that. A few days later Art offers again the 2 jackets, I told him because he was always looking and I think this one should fit him that i would front the money and find a way to sell the other 2 jackets on my own to get him one that fits. It arrives, I ship it to him in the meanwhile I do mov e 2 XS rick leathers for the equivalent of the $1100 actually $1150 I already spent to get him this Geo out of my own pocket. He receives the jacket and says its too small and he wants both the leathers back... which I've moved already and then says he expects me to give him money? which part of this is a scam?? I did offer to help him move the jacket but he never asked, he just told me to get $1100 then he said $1100 and the other jacket back then $1600?? now it's back to $1100 again...
      so here it is simple and clear and tell me how I'm scamming someone here.
      1. jacket was offered for $1100 (turned down then offered trade)
      2. I paid for his jacket w/ my own money
      3. I sold the items traded to me
      4. I recovered my costs
      5. I send the jacket
      6. it doesnt fit as well as he'd like it, but clearly has not been messed w/ in anyway as it's an xs oiled calf geo from Crust
      7. he demands a refund + return of sold items
      8. i offer to help move the item he demands that i do and give him money
      9. he calls me a scammer...

Comment

• julian_doe
        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by upsilonkng View Post
        this is so ridiculous man...

first of all..
        I had the first geo on sale here, had measurements and pics etc.. art took it along w/ a discounted price. It was smaller than he thought it was going to be. since then I've sold him another Geo that was slightly too big. a few months ago I told him a friend was selling a geo that was also oiled calf and the measurements he gave me seem do-able for art, so I told him that. He offered 2 jackets as trade, I told him my friend wasn't trading but selling, so that was that. A few days later Art offers again the 2 jackets, I told him because he was always looking and I think this one should fit him that i would front the money and find a way to sell the other 2 jackets on my own to get him one that fits. It arrives, I ship it to him in the meanwhile I do mov e 2 XS rick leathers for the equivalent of the $1100 actually $1150 I already spent to get him this Geo out of my own pocket. He receives the jacket and says its too small and he wants both the leathers back... which I've moved already and then says he expects me to give him money? which part of this is a scam?? I did offer to help him move the jacket but he never asked, he just told me to get $1100 then he said $1100 and the other jacket back then $1600?? now it's back to $1100 again...
        so here it is simple and clear and tell me how I'm scamming someone here.
        1. jacket was offered for $1100 (turned down then offered trade)
        2. I paid for his jacket w/ my own money
        3. I sold the items traded to me
        4. I recovered my costs
        5. I send the jacket
        6. it doesnt fit as well as he'd like it, but clearly has not been messed w/ in anyway as it's an xs oiled calf geo from Crust
        7. he demands a refund + return of sold items
        8. i offer to help move the item he demands that i do and give him money
        9. he calls me a scammer...
        I have bought 2 or 3 items from upsilonkng, and have never found a reason to call him a scammer. Although this is entirely an outsider's perspective, and I have no personal interest in this matter, I must say that accepting returns or exchanges is entirely up to the seller. I try to ask everything that I need to know about a garment prior to making a purchase in order to avoid this kind of issue. In my opinion, there is no reason why he should be called a scammer for rejecting the return (or not being able to proceed the way the buyer wants)..which appears to be the request being made.

Comment

• awlouie
          • Sep 2007

I didn't call you (upsilonkng) a scammer...I'm merely stating- "buyer beware"! I'm out of two jackets that fit me and stuck with an xxs jacket that I had to sell. You ignored my messages which is why I posted this for people here on SZ to know.
          "Fashions fade, style is eternal." —Yves Saint Laurent

"Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successfull personality and duplicate it."
          -Bruce Lee

Comment

• upsilonkng
            • May 2010

this section is called beware of Scammers... as in a place to warn people of scammers.
            the geo has sold so what do u expect me to do now? give u money? the jacket is stock though it seems small there's certainly nothing that screams it's been modified to be smaller than XS, the XXS is just ur estimation, I did u a favor (who would ever pay for something for someone, take their trade sell it for u so u can have a jacket) and in return u call me a scammer. not very cool man...

Comment

• Fenix
              • Aug 2010

You guys should seriously delete the posts. These transactions aren't made through a store so there is always some level of risk. Talk it out or simply walk away. It appears everything is finalized with the jackets anyways.

It's a crazy move to start airing dirty laundry if you are associated with a business relevant to the forum. You're in a graveyard, put the shovel down.
              Originally posted by hausofblaq
              Grow up.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Fenix View Post
                You guys should seriously delete the posts. These transactions aren't made through a store so there is always some level of risk. Talk it out or simply walk away. It appears everything is finalized with the jackets anyways.

It's a crazy move to start airing dirty laundry if you are associated with a business relevant to the forum. You're in a graveyard, put the shovel down.
                This is the proper place if you get scammed since it's more likely a user is going to scam us than a straight up store (besides maybe a fakes-seller). Awlouie probably should have put this up in "seller's feedback" if anything though since that's where it's more appropriate to post caveat emptor stuff.

Comment

• TheThief
                  • Mar 2011

Hey All,

This is a call to help from the SZ community. On 12/28/15 someone helped himself to this Rick Owens blazer in size 54 from our store, IDOL BROOKLYN. We're on sale but haven't dropped the prices to free just yet, so naturally, we would like it back.

Our suspect (pictured below) was wearing Rick Geobaskets and m.a+ pants, which is why we're hoping someone here might know him. He introduced himself as John and he's middle aged, about 5'6", with a dark beard and dark thinning hair. We're pretty sure he spoke with a slight Russian accent.

And John, if you're reading this, the blazer looked good on you. You should definitely come back and pay for it.

If someone sees him wearing it, or comes across it for sale please let us know at info@idolbrooklyn.com or PM me here.

Obligatory grainy security cam shots:

Comment

• round
                    • Aug 2015

Wow, thats insane, I was just here a few days ago, Ill repost this on a few other places, good luck with the search guys, I appreciate how helpful you guys were when I came to the store.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

I am sorry to hear it :(
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• darkbydesign
                        • Sep 2010

^^Man, that's incredibly lame and I'm sorry to hear about it. I hope you find him and hope he gets prosecuted. There's no excuse for stealing clothes, especially if you are wearing thousands in clothing (assuming he didn't lift those too....)

Images seem clear, so worth posting everywhere as someone must know the guy based on the clothing.

Comment

• blackswan
                          • Feb 2011

For those who sell on Grailed there are two kind of scammers with multiple accounts :

1. The retarded scammers(from US) . He sends messages with his email and suggests to make the transaction outside grailed. Then if you are fool enough to send him an email, he will propose you higher offer than your listing price and tell you to ship immediately the item express. What you get is an email (gmail) with the banner of PayPal and that you've got funds , of course no money on your PayPal account.
                          2. The smart ass scammers (from Hong Kong and US). Usually his username is numbers and has emails with same numbers @qq.com .Again he proposes transaction through PayPal invoice or Chase Quickpay etc providing his email . If you decline he will purchase the item through grailed. What you have to do is to refund him and report him to the administrator.

Both types of scammers have zero feedback. It's better to report them immediately to the admins without even respond to the scammer.

Comment

• sbw4224
                            • Sep 2006

eBay Scam

Hi all,

I recently sold a Paul Harnden jacket on eBay. The buyer received the jacket, but claimed to Paypal that I sent him a generic jacket in an effort to have the jacket + his money back. Apparently this is a fairly typical scam that happens to not be covered by Paypal's seller protection policies. There are countless stories online of sellers who are scammed out of their money by fraudulent buyers.

This time, justice prevailed, and I won the case. In the interest of others, however, I want everyone to be aware of his name, email and picture in case anyone comes in contact with him.

He is friends with a few SZ members on Facebook, so I would urge caution to anyone who might come in contact with him. He's a fraud, a liar and a thief.

Name: Gregory Dash
                            Email: salesongrailed@gmail.com
                            Picture:

Comment

• savant
                              • Jul 2011

I havent dealt with Greg but I doubt he is a scammer

The email is a spoof. I had a similar scam attempt before with 'Graham Newmarch', but the scammer accidentally sent me a Paypal invoice using Gregory Dash's name

Example below:

reply-to: 13612474-8296@sharpmail.co.uk

See how the email is spoofed or proxy'd via UK, when re-porter is based in Canada ?

This is something everyone needs to be aware of
                              Last edited by savant; 01-28-2016, 10:05 PM.

Comment

• neongud
                                • Mar 2013

Yeah I find it weird that the mod of the biggest RO group on facebook would be a scammer. It doesn't rule it out though, can't trust anyone ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎