X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bonejelly
    • Jul 2008

Interesting.

I had shipped a pair of Paul Harnden jeans to Greg, which he claimed to have never received (tracking did seem to freeze once the parcel arrived at his local mail facility). After a few weeks I ended up refunding his money in full as the tracking for the package never updated and I had written it off as lost (opened claims with the post office, etc...but nothing surfaced).

While I lost out on the article + money, my communication with Greg was always quite amicable and he struck me as an honest guy. Though, the paranoid part of me now wonders if others have had any negative experiences in their transactions with him..

Comment

• dash
      • Jul 2010

Originally posted by bonejelly View Post
      Interesting.

I had shipped a pair of Paul Harnden jeans to Greg, which he claimed to have never received (tracking did seem to freeze once the parcel arrived at his local mail facility). After a few weeks I ended up refunding his money in full as the tracking for the package never updated and I had written it off as lost (opened claims with the post office, etc...but nothing surfaced).

While I lost out on the article + money, my communication with Greg was always quite amicable and he struck me as an honest guy. Though, the paranoid part of me now wonders if others have had any negative experiences in their transactions with him..
      Hey mate, yeh it was crap about the jeans. I'm still looking for a pair if anyone sees any. Since moving to Manchester I've had a lot of post lost - I'm unsure if its an issue with the post up here, but I've been trying to fix it by using a mail forwarding service via DHL, and courier.

I've got a long record on this forum and others, and I've probably bought/sold items to loads of people here - I no doubt that people will vouch for me. That birds ph shirt I'm wearing in that pic came from someone on here I think...

Regarding this recent incident: I bought an item, the one that I got didn't match the one that I thought I had bought. I don't know why, and I haven't made any accusations towards the seller - but I'm going to continue chasing it up with DHL, and my mail forwarding service to try to find out what happened. To protect myself I started a Paypal claim as the item received wasn't the one that I purchased and like sbw4224 notes the package didn't arrive damaged. I'm currently without the funds and the item but hopefully I'll be able to track down if anything happened en route to me. These issues are an inherent risk to buying/selling online I guess - and this isn't the first issue I've experienced.

I'd appreciate though if sbw4224 stopped sending me threatening emails, and attempting to smear me online. There are official channels for these sorts of disputes, and if you think I have behaved inappropriately, please use them.

I'd also like to request if Eugene could take down my name and picture. I've contacted you on Facebook to discuss further.
      Last edited by dash; 01-29-2016, 07:34 AM.
      www.gregdash.net
      @gregjdash

Comment

• sbw4224
        • Sep 2006

Greg,

Your story is 100% bogus. Period. I'm not going to go into details, but I know you've done this to more people than Bonejelly and myself.

Lots of people have had a long, clean record here and turned into scammers. Anyone remember Casius? The list goes on...

Warning people about dealing with you is not a smear campaign -- it's an attempt to make sure that no one ever deals with you again. Your package arrived safe and sound. No one from DHL Express shipping opened your box and inserted another similar looking jacket as you claim.

And no need to involve Eugene. I've known him personally for years -- he has nothing to do with your past and current scams.

EDIT: Greg, editing your post isn't going to help you. The 20-day old claim on Paypal already closed in my favor due to the fact that you've had a long history of fraud. Everyone knows that it's near impossible to win as a seller unless there is damning evidence against the buyer. Enjoy your PH jacket that you purchased and received, and I hope my experience prevents people dealing with you in the future.
        Last edited by sbw4224; 01-29-2016, 09:12 AM.

Comment

• dash
          • Jul 2010

I typed that out on my phone on the train. I asked someone to read it to make sure it made sense, and edited for clarity.
          www.gregdash.net
          @gregjdash

Comment

• curiouscharles
            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by savant View Post
            I havent dealt with Greg but I doubt he is a scammer

The email is a spoof. I had a similar scam attempt before with 'Graham Newmarch', but the scammer accidentally sent me a Paypal invoice using Gregory Dash's name

Example below:

reply-to: 13612474-8296@sharpmail.co.uk

See how the email is spoofed or proxy'd via UK, when re-porter is based in Canada ?

This is something everyone needs to be aware of
            yeah, just to warn people - there's been a few people pretending to be me, using spoofed emails and preying on facebook groups in particular.

just so everyone knows - i don't sell items anywhere but my store [duh], and Ebay [under username re-porter-ca].

they seem to prey on facebook groups in particular, and honestly - it's always highly obvious it's not me.

they've gone so far as to steal all my photos & information from my facebook profile, and even imitate my method of correspondence through my store.

to sum up;

- you will never hear from me via facebook
            - i don't sell via facebook
            - unless an invoice comes from enquiries@re-porter.ca, it's not me
            - unless an invoice comes from PayPal name "boutique re. porter", it's not me
            - if someone claiming to be me, is selling items long since sold out on my website, for too good to be true prices, it's not me

-

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by dash View Post
              Regarding this recent incident: I bought an item, the one that I got didn't match the one that I thought I had bought. I don't know why, and I haven't made any accusations towards the seller - but I'm going to continue chasing it up with DHL, and my mail forwarding service to try to find out what happened. To protect myself I started a Paypal claim as the item received wasn't the one that I purchased and like sbw4224 notes the package didn't arrive damaged. I'm currently without the funds and the item but hopefully I'll be able to track down if anything happened en route to me. These issues are an inherent risk to buying/selling online I guess - and this isn't the first issue I've experienced.
              So what you're saying is that you purchased a jacket, and received a package with a completely different jacket? Since you said that you are not making any claims towards the seller (why not, wouldn't that be the logical response?), what is your perception of what happened?
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• curiouscharles
                • Jan 2008

the more i read this, the less it makes sense.

are you trying to claim that someone else's parcel was redirected towards your address? [the chances of which actually ever occurring are preposterously low-slash-impossible]

even if that did occur, you do realize the chances of you receiving any jacket [let alone a piece of clothing at all] under such a circumstance would be relatively, well, nil.

it would be helpful if you could explain what, exactly, you mean by "mail forwarding service".

you're overcomplicating a process which is actually very straightforward.

shipments come via post [a federally run service], or courier [a private enterprise], your description of the mail stream things run through to get to you [in a major city centre, by the way] are highly circumspect.

mail forwarding services are typically for people who have moved, and need items coming to an old address redirected to a new one.

so, are you meaning to say you're having people ship to one address [ie - the one associated with your PayPal and/or payments], and then having everything forwarded from there to another one?

that alone is suspicious as all F.

even just writing this post, my brain is doing backflips trying to rationalize any small piece of what you've said...

-

Comment

• sbw4224
                  • Sep 2006

Let me clarify with the facts.

1) I shipped to his work address (as requested by Greg) via DHL Express. It arrived in 3 business days from the US to the UK, signed and tracked to his office location.

2) DHL verified that the package arrived undamaged.

Greg tried to claim that he received a different jacket (untrue), and attempted to get a full refund via Paypal. His logic doesn't add up because it simply isn't factual.

In the end, Paypal closed his account because of a history of this behavior.

I feel lucky to have a positive ending to an attempted scam/fraud, and hope that this prevents anyone else from going through the same ordeal with him.

Edit: I looked up the address I shipped to, and while Greg did say it was his work address, it apparently is a forwarding service.
                  Last edited by sbw4224; 01-29-2016, 03:40 PM.

Comment

• cjbreed
                    • Feb 2009

i bought something once and the guy that sold it to me recorded the entire packaging process and sent me a link to view images of it. the package was prepared in a way that would make it difficult to reproduce or forge in any way. including date/time/ID stuff. it would be very difficult if not impossible to claim he shipped me the wrong items. i thought it was a cool thing to do but a bit overkill. perhaps not.

once or twice i have recorded the unpacking process when i felt like i was dealing with a shady character as well.
                    dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• dash
                      • Jul 2010

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                      So what you're saying is that you purchased a jacket, and received a package with a completely different jacket? Since you said that you are not making any claims towards the seller (why not, wouldn't that be the logical response?), what is your perception of what happened?
                      I don't know, and I thought it not fair to make accusations without correctly knowing what had happened - I've contacted people today to enquire about what possibly may have occurred.

I just want to note as well, that the comment about my Paypal account being closed because of a history of this behaviour was not correct. I'm logged into it right now, and just made a purchase.

@CuriousCharles I deal with a lot of transactions, and have learned not to put my real address on there with my business transactions after I suffered some harassment last year. When buying/selling 1000's of items, some issues are bound to emerge - and I'm just reducing my chances of getting stalked. I also travel around a lot so it helps manage my deliveries when I'm not in the town/country.
                      www.gregdash.net
                      @gregjdash

Comment

• curiouscharles
                        • Jan 2008

@CuriousCharles I deal with a lot of transactions, and have learned not to put my real address on there with my business transactions after I suffered some harassment last year. When buying/selling 1000's of items, some issues are bound to emerge - and I'm just reducing my chances of getting stalked. I also travel around a lot so it helps manage my deliveries when I'm not in the town/country.
                        okay that's totally reasonable.

your level-headed responses are certainly encouraging.

the whole situation is just quite perplexing so excuse any accusatory tone on my part and i'll just sit back an observe with objective curiostiy.

-

Comment

• sbw4224
                          • Sep 2006

I wouldn't buy into his story at all, but I'll leave it at that. The guy attempted to scam me and it didn't work due to the fact that he's had a history with Paypal of shady transactions and claims. If I had received a jacket that wasn't what I purchased, my behavior would have been nothing like how Greg acted.

These types of instances, especially the fact that Bonejelly also had something shady happen with his transaction, are not coincidences. That should be enough of a red flag.

And cjbreed, I talked to Paypal and even video evidence wouldn't hold up against a buyer claim. According to them, there's no evidence that you can 100% prove you shipped the actual item. They side with the buyer in almost all cases, unless the buyer has committed fraud in the past.

Comment

• Peasant
                            • Jul 2009

I've got a long record on this forum...
                            Sixteen posts?
                            After reading this debate, Dash, you sound 100% full of shit. Excuses for everything... typical.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                              • Jul 2013

sshum88 Sells Fake DRKSHDW

I received a fake DRKSHDW jacket from sshum88. He had a listing for a DRKSHDW Stag bomber from F/W 2014, but he has since deleted the post. I have screen captures, but you all know how MC works, so I'll just move on to the important parts.

The flaws were obvious from the get-go. The fabric felt thin and cheap, and then I noticed that all of the other typical details were off. He dismissed them as seasonal variation. This was bullshit, because not only am I not stupid, but I have a DRKSHDW fishtail parka from the same season (Moody) in the same material (MUR) that I purchased from an authorized retailer (Singolare). He claims that he didn't know it was fake, but these flaws are so obvious to anyone who has ever handled Rick that given his history here, he had to have known it was fake.

Below is a breakdown with pictures of the differences.

Drawstrings:

Fake on the left, real on the right. OK, maybe the original was pulled out and lost. But then the tags:

FAKE

vs

REAL

The real tags are from my fishtail parka. Differences worth noting are the material of the tags, the side of the inside pocket that the tag is sewn into, the vintage effect zipper teeth, and the smooth vs. textured zipper pull. Also of note, the fake jacket in size M fits tighter than the real jacket in size S.

Next the Rick picture label:

FAKE

REAL

The dimensions are obviously off on the fake version.

The zippers:

Everyone here knows that the zipper on the right side is the legit one, since it has the correct textured tab, the vintage effect teeth, and chunkier pull. The teeth on the fake jacket are shiny, the pull is smaller, the zipper stop is off, and the tab is wrong.

The jacket inside:

FAKE

REAL

The quilted lining is much nicer in the real version, and it extends into the hood. I'm not even going to insult your intelligence with pointing out the joke of a 2 stripes label on the fake.

I requested a refund via PayPal dispute, and he said he'd be happy to refund me if I got a letter from the RO store in NYC. So that's what I'm doing tomorrow.
                              Last edited by DudleyGray; 02-14-2016, 06:16 PM.
                              bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Fenix
                                • Aug 2010

Yo Dudley, I've dealt with Sshum88 multiple times and he is nothing but a class act. Are you trying to say he purposely deceived you, sold you a fake jacket, and then requested you go to NYC to get it verified as fake? Seems out of character for S.
                                Originally posted by hausofblaq
                                Grow up.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎