Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: BEWARE OF SCAMMERS

Carpe Diem now defunct, the label's old pieces become less common (not that they were common to begin with), and enthusiasts are willing to pay a handsome price for Altieri's pieces. This is in spite of the flooded menswear market and the devaluing of used luxury goods, a somewhat recent phenomenon resulting from the increasing pace of fashion as well as the rise of the Grailed platform. If flagship stores and boutiques are harem-laden opium dens, then Grailed is skid row; scammers and counterfeits fill the role of dealers and fixes, and among them is thirdofwaters.

A long time ago, a man named Jin used to pass his time on StyleZeitgeist. He was friends with several others, but inevitably, a falling out led him and his comrades to build their own clubhouse, otherwise known as nwvn (http://forum.nwvn.net/). On nwvn, he was thirdofwaters. Seeing as how one receives notifications from thirdofwaters@gmail.com, one can only assume that he is the owner of the forum. Jin started off small, scamming StyleForum members out of poorly constructed, "artisan"-imitation pants. His project didn't get very far (how could it?), and so he moved on to scamming users on Grailed.

It wasn't long before Jin's victims started piling up. The users complained to Grailed admins at every chance that they could, in every way that they could, and as well documented as they could, because this is the only way that these things can possibly proceed in online PayPal disputes. Grailed did worse than nothing. Was it a coincidence that they cashed in on each of Jin's transactions with their fees, or that the prospect of Carpe Diem pieces attracted more users and gave the site a (pathetic) kind of legitimacy? Who's to say? Thirdofwaters exists on the site to this day, regardless.

Now the rumors have spread. Grailed is effectively, intentionally or not, enabling thirdofwaters to exist on their site, while they benefit from it. So they hire a PR guy. Someone desperate to be a part of "the industry." Someone who wants to be in Fashion with a capital "F." They send their lackey to cover their ass and ask for help with the cases against Jin. Were the previous, well-documented reports and disputes not enough? Did they not have access to the case numbers and all associated information tied to thirdofwaters in their databases?

One would think that if they had a modicum of genuine intent that they would look up the fucking information in themselves and handle their own god damned business rather than patronizingly demand from Jin's victims that they contact Grailed. One would think that if Grailed had an ounce of integrity, they would have reached out to the individual users tied to these cases their god damned selves and worked with them to get to the bottom of this. One would think that if Grailed had a smidgen of accountability, that they would simply hold those losses and move on. But instead, they hire a lackey to come here and make idiotic posts, of all possible things that they could have done, for fuck's sake.

Grailed, with respect to this issue but no respect to you, you are either dishonest or incompetent. Go fuck yourself.

I'm not the user, but that was definitely a 1/5 for item as described before the edit. the w04 listing rating disappeared completely though...

I'm sure Grailed is too busy trying to become the next hypebeast news source as well. They can't focus on removing these known scammers because so much attention must be put forth to their *quality* articles.

On another note I'm surprised there's been no mention of their sleazy practices involving arbitragenyc

Quote Originally Posted by grailedofficial View Post
    Please PM me with the case numbers from your emails or your email address so I can look into this further.

***mantonio@hotmail.com
    Tell your Mods Arun and Davil I said hi
    Last edited by Lupecoast; 10-05-2017 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupecoast View Post
    ***mantonio@hotmail.com
    Tell your Mods Arun and Davil I said hi
    please send email addresses privately to save your email from spambots
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

grailed... the new darklands, sorry couldn't resist

hmmm, though it is an alternate venue to sell stuff, I think I will be pulling down my listings

their response is some first class bullshit
    It's absolutely Hedious!
    shy poser

Quote Originally Posted by grailedofficial View Post
    If you are the user involved in this transaction feel free to PM me for further information. If feedback has been edited without your consent, please email us through our contact form: https://www.grailed.com/about#support
    now the rating disappeared completely. THE PLOT THICKENS!

Two recent feedbacks for Thirdofwaters;

third2.jpg

third1.jpg

Is this anybody from the forum? If so, I'd advise you to contact Nico @ help@grailed.com if you haven't already done so.

UPDATE: I received an email from Nico @ Grailed and Thirdofwaters has been banned from Grailed due to "inconsistencies with tracking information and replacements being sent without buyers consent". They are also reimbursing me for my purchase as well. Good for Grailed.
    Last edited by psidy; 10-14-2017 at 12:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by psidy View Post
    UPDATE: I received an email from Nico @ Grailed and Thirdofwaters has been banned from Grailed due to "inconsistencies with tracking information and replacements being sent without buyers consent". They are also reimbursing me for my purchase as well. Good for Grailed.
    Grailed also got in contact with me and swiftly resolved my issue, and good for them attempting to clean up their shit.....

Quote Originally Posted by Lupecoast View Post
    Grailed also got in contact with me and swiftly resolved my issue, and good for them attempting to clean up their shit.....
    Im wondering how long it will take before things get fucked up again.
    Glad your issue is solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeroenr View Post
    Im wondering how long it will take before things get fucked up again.
    Glad your issue is solved.
    thank you, it was unresolved for like 7 months......

I can be mistaken, but this seller items look very similar to banned thirdofwaters
    https://www.grailed.com/hound

Quote Originally Posted by kamehame View Post
    I can be mistaken, but this seller items look very similar to banned thirdofwaters
    PayPal account holder seems to be Russian. Shit when did he get banned? SZ should have held a party!

Quote Originally Posted by kamehame View Post
    Yeah, looks like some stuff he posted before. Would be easy to get back there. Another account and start scamming again.

https://www.grailed.com/listings/506...a-hooded-rider

aaaand again, same jacket, same words, same price, same scammer I think.
    I dont think that it is relisted by anyone else because original thirdofwaters listing was deleted last year.

__
    UPD: mods said, that it is not the same man.
    Last edited by kamehame; 04-18-2018 at 11:15 AM.

So apparently I got this guy from Grailed saying I send a damaged ring. Now he want to send back the ‘big scratched’ ring or I have to send him $100. User: LK92.

I sold him a new condition ring, but he claimed received the ring with scratches.

To Grailedofficial, if you reading this I hope you can look into this.
    Focusing on object details

That individual is particularly delusional, it will be hard to reason with him. I hope the mods rule in your favour.

Magic: I got the ring from you which had scratches - I even send you pictures of that. You then claim I made them myself but why should I buy a ring only to ruin it and send it back again?
    You say the scratches weren't there when you send it to me - I dont' know if that is true the only thing I know is that the pictures only showed the ring from two very similar ankles and inside, no close-ups or other pictures denying the scratches. - That is just a fact!
    On a side note I can inform you that we have done business together before. I didn't know that until I saw your sz name. You sold me a WM bracelet through here which were as described and I was happy for, so why didn't I scam you back then?
    The only thing I have done is pointing out the obvious flaws in the described condition and refused to accept the deal as it were. Because you were kind to ship it as I wanted and because you sold it for a good price I was willing to keep the ring with the scratches but for a price reduction, only to avoid shipment back and forth but after you claim I'm a scammer I'm done trying solving anything with you. I will instead send you back your ring.

Blackfedora: Maybe I'm delusional and obviously you don't like me because you think I sell my things to expensive - and you are right to have your opinion, but that doesn't make me a scammer! - And I've never done business with you before!

To mods here and on Grailed. I have pictures and mails of everything to show.

LK92
    Last edited by Lois Grüveltner; 05-04-2018 at 12:16 PM.

Oh.. so you are a member here. Congratulations to you man, you won the case.

Should I post my pictures here to let the szer to judge? Those pictures you send me the ring was heavily scratches and not cause by wearing or at least to my experience.

And to answer your first question: Why should I send a heavily scratched ring and claimed that it was New Condition?
    Focusing on object details