Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Owens partners with Adidas

Well if Rick can run in them, let's just hope we can. They remind me of how I thought people would dress when we colonized the moon as a child.
    street goth extraordinaire

Don't kid yourself, ain't NO running happening with those things...

Quote Originally Posted by Shucks View Post
    it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
    Quote Originally Posted by interest1 View Post
    I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

eh, im a runner and Ive weathered all of the fashion sneaker typhoons. Minimalist, flywire, lunarlon, flyknit. And I really cant say that any particular shoe has been better (or worse) than the last...

Quote Originally Posted by returningson View Post
    eh, im a runner and Ive weathered all of the fashion sneaker typhoons. Minimalist, flywire, lunarlon, flyknit. And I really cant say that any particular shoe has been better (or worse) than the last...
    those are all different parts on a whole shoe. And all are on the nike flyknit lunar1's. it probably should go like this.. i've tried airmax, airmax360, zoom air, nike free and lunar and truth be told they are all very very different.
    Flyknit is the material the shoe is built w/ and how the shoe is built, flywire is the support on the side for everything from bball to soccor to training shoes and lunar is the cushioning. I am still certain that any of the above that i've mentioned will work infinitely better than these Rick's for running, besides who's really gonna run in $750 shoes that weigh a ton and feels like rick trainers? running shoes shouldn't approach 10 ounces in a standard us sz 9 these days i'm guessing these will be around 24-28ounces. which is foamposite range.

love my flyknits

This discussion is getting
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

^totally. lets get back to discussing rick trainers. ;P

Quote Originally Posted by upsilonkng View Post
    those are all different parts on a whole shoe. And all are on the nike flyknit lunar1's. it probably should go like this.. i've tried airmax, airmax360, zoom air, nike free and lunar and truth be told they are all very very different.
    Flyknit is the material the shoe is built w/ and how the shoe is built, flywire is the support on the side for everything from bball to soccor to training shoes and lunar is the cushioning. I am still certain that any of the above that i've mentioned will work infinitely better than these Rick's for running, besides who's really gonna run in $750 shoes that weigh a ton and feels like rick trainers? running shoes shouldn't approach 10 ounces in a standard us sz 9 these days i'm guessing these will be around 24-28ounces. which is foamposite range.
    true, true. Ive also run into basically every brand out there (as Im sure every runner has) from Adidas, Nike (which I previously loathed until they came out with their lunarlon), Newton, Brooks, Asics (which had been my mainstay until their shoes started getting heavier and heavier). Yes, even tried the Vibram thing. And I never found a "holy pair".

As for Rick's, it would be fun to see someone actually run and see how they perform.

No one will, just like no one runs in Y-3.
    As for running shoes, nothing's going to separate me from my Brooks.
    And I am totally getting the RICKxADOLF shoes.
    Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

glad i'm in such good company liking these. will buy if only all the hype beasts don't beat me to it. expecting they will sell like hotcakes. pricing is in sweet spot, like w said.

You both should be committed
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Nah.
    They're way too chunky for low-top sneaker. Maybe they would be better in some high version (?) but cannot imagine how they would look :D

compared to other collaborations they're ok .Rick is doing well in lowtops ,but he always prefers boots and hi tops.Anyone has the picture of the black/milk iconic lowtops back in 2006 or 07 ?

In my opinion rick and lowtops just don't go well together. I love his hitops though

Agree.

I actually think, having seen very much like shoes by Nike (as of late) and Fila (previously) on individuals that couldn't be further from the various styles appeared here, that if the shoes were simply Adidas and not a little Owens, no one here would even discuss them, not to mention think about getting them.