• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

This discussion is getting
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kunk75
      Banned
      • May 2008

^totally. lets get back to discussing rick trainers. ;P

Comment

• returningson
        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by upsilonkng View Post
        those are all different parts on a whole shoe. And all are on the nike flyknit lunar1's. it probably should go like this.. i've tried airmax, airmax360, zoom air, nike free and lunar and truth be told they are all very very different.
        Flyknit is the material the shoe is built w/ and how the shoe is built, flywire is the support on the side for everything from bball to soccor to training shoes and lunar is the cushioning. I am still certain that any of the above that i've mentioned will work infinitely better than these Rick's for running, besides who's really gonna run in $750 shoes that weigh a ton and feels like rick trainers? running shoes shouldn't approach 10 ounces in a standard us sz 9 these days i'm guessing these will be around 24-28ounces. which is foamposite range.
        true, true. Ive also run into basically every brand out there (as Im sure every runner has) from Adidas, Nike (which I previously loathed until they came out with their lunarlon), Newton, Brooks, Asics (which had been my mainstay until their shoes started getting heavier and heavier). Yes, even tried the Vibram thing. And I never found a "holy pair".

As for Rick's, it would be fun to see someone actually run and see how they perform.

Comment

• mrbeuys
          • May 2008

No one will, just like no one runs in Y-3.
          As for running shoes, nothing's going to separate me from my Brooks.
          And I am totally getting the RICKxADOLF shoes.
          Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Shucks
            • Aug 2010

glad i'm in such good company liking these. will buy if only all the hype beasts don't beat me to it. expecting they will sell like hotcakes. pricing is in sweet spot, like w said.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

You both should be committed
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Raw
                • Oct 2009

Comment

• church of tiamat
                  • Sep 2013

Nah.
                  They're way too chunky for low-top sneaker. Maybe they would be better in some high version (?) but cannot imagine how they would look :D

Comment

• hurricane08
                    • Nov 2008

compared to other collaborations they're ok .Rick is doing well in lowtops ,but he always prefers boots and hi tops.Anyone has the picture of the black/milk iconic lowtops back in 2006 or 07 ?

Comment

• church of tiamat
                      • Sep 2013

In my opinion rick and lowtops just don't go well together. I love his hitops though

Comment

• gilexa2503
                        • Apr 2021

Agree.

I actually think, having seen very much like shoes by Nike (as of late) and Fila (previously) on individuals that couldn't be further from the various styles appeared here, that if the shoes were simply Adidas and not a little Owens, no one here would even discuss them, not to mention think about getting them.
                        drugstore-onlinecatalog.com

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎