• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • keilani
    • Jan 2012

Handmade Matte Black Coated Polished Silver Nail Rings

Hello StyleZeitgeist,

I just finished a very limited number of handmade nail rings. I appreciate the thoughts and comments of the individuals on this forum, therefore I would love to hear what you ladies and gentlemen think of them.

The nails are a custom polished silver tungsten with a very strong profile. They have been coated with a matte black treatment that has been purposely distressed and with time the ring will eventually reveal a completely polished silver tungsten nail with wear.

Everything from the nail to the boxes were handmade and hand painted. Each ring is unique and different from another because they are each hand distressed.

If interested in the nail rings please just send me a message and I will get back to you. They are very limited, therefore it's going to be first come, first serve. I currently only have sizes 7, 8, 9.

Thank you for your time.

• keilani
    • Jan 2012

348 Views and no comments or criticism? Thanks for the viewing.

Comment

• k3mist
      • Apr 2013

it looks well made.
      but the black paint and silver is harsh aesthetically.
      the nail ring has been done numerous times and it seems to me
      like the paint was added for the sake of being different. just my 2 cents.

it doesnt challenge the notion of a nail ring if that makes any sense.
      neither is it interesting in a technical standpoint like the paper coated derbies from ccp.

although for some reason i would have considered buying if it was in a band ring style :p

perhaps a hammered ring..with a coat of 'something' hammered on which may/or not create an interesting look
      im still not sure about paint tbh..

Comment

• 0JSIMPS0N
        Banned
        • Jun 2011

Not exactly an original idea, seems like there are 100 variations of the nail ring out there already

I think the two ends of the nail are way too far apart

and the black coating just looks bad. seems like you did it just for the sake of being different.

edit: also the whole "hand made, artisanal, one-of-a-kind, unique, made in my moms basement, evolves with wear" spiel is getting exhausting
        Last edited by 0JSIMPS0N; 07-10-2013, 02:12 PM.

Comment

• keilani
          • Jan 2012

Thanks for your comments, I truly appreciate them.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎