Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a very high quality sewing thread brand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CAIN
    • Jun 2013

Is there a very high quality sewing thread brand?

Is there a very high quality sewing thread brand? Like the excella zip from YKK but in threads that is used in some of the names/brands discussed here?

Are there any special differences in threads to sew leather, denim , wools?
  • mizzar
    • Mar 2008

This one is good almost for all i'm doing for myself,
    maybe anyone with more experience could chime in?
    ____
    sorry for my bad english, i learned it from the book.

I too am inspired by homeless people when I buy a $1,000 jacket. Why don't we just shit on them? Oh, fashion, sometimes I wonder why I bother...(Faust)

Comment

• CAIN
      • Jun 2013

Gütermann threads are great, a friend of mine uses them the most, where I live I only have one reference in all colors, I was thinking to order some online to make a leather jacket and a suit with my tailor but don't really know which threads are best for this kind of clothes, I bought a very nice wool fabric for the suit, and not quite expensive hide but still really good hide for the jacket and I really look forward to have 2 good pieces.

Any further advice?

Comment

• narziss
        • Nov 2012

it depends on what you're intending to do. as mentioned, gütermann is good, and they have a lot of different products, their website is worth checking out. another great supplier of quality thread is the amann group (they also have a good website). i use mainly their serafil thread which i have found to be excellent for more heavy duty stuff like leather products. their techx performance line is quite interesting and i can well imagine that experiments with some of those threads could yield interesting results.
        Last edited by narziss; 08-20-2013, 06:04 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎