Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sewing machine and haberdashery recs for a noob?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tonecrush
    • Jul 2013

Sewing machine and haberdashery recs for a noob?

Hi, first post here so excuse my extreme newbieness. So i got about 400 aud spare.to spend on a sewing machine and tools. I already have a list but am not sure if need to buy all of it since I need to learn more first. I am waiting 2 months until I can study so in the meantime I thought I would gather info and maybe try to do some diy to learn basic things about putting clothes together. I dont know about pattern cutting or anything like that and I have a hard time illustrating it as well. I can buy fabric where I live but dont know much about fabric yet. In the beginning I want to experiment with making things for myself and friends just for learning. Another thing I was wondering is should I get an overlocker as well? Sorry for not being specific but mostly wanting to know what is a good machine for maybe 400 but preferrably about 200 aud?
    "Never seen someone treat such a piece of crap excuse for a boot with so much care, and precision."
  • smudge
    • Jul 2012

Try getting a used JUKI ddl 5500. It only does a straight and reverse stitch but it handles a large variety of fabrics pretty well.

Comment

Working...
    X
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎