• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Agent L
    • Sep 2006

ALEXANDRE PLOKHOV SS14 TERRA DAMNATA

MODS, PLEASE DELETE / CLOSE THREAD.
    Last edited by Agent L; 10-04-2013, 08:59 AM.
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Looks pretty good from these photos.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Crowzer
      • Feb 2011

This is a really nice work !
      Leather pants are superb.

Look #2

Comment

• other_animals
        • Mar 2012

Can't say that I'm terribly fond of any of the tops, but the bottoms look excellent.

Comment

• CAIN
          • Jun 2013

What I enjoy the most of this collection is the interesting work on the shirts, and also its been a long time since I don´t pay attention to t-shirts with silk screen(?) prints on, I think this ones are great!

Comment

• AngelofDeath
            • Jun 2012

They really nailed the styling with this shoot. A lot of great-looking pieces.
            I want you to tell me who you are in your dreams. Who is there? And is it beautiful like music?

Comment

• tong1801
              • Oct 2012

In love with that drapery wrap thing around the pants and those leather pants are just amazing.

Comment

• surver
                • Oct 2007

kinda edward scissorhands, no?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

Looks pretty good. Plokhov looks to be settling into the evolution of his Cloak days into his eponymous line here while skewing more into the darker realm.

The military inspiration is still there, just not as obvious and the overall feel is still sharp and slim while balancing soft and hard nicely. In ways I think this collection is more accessible and easier to integrate into some wardrobes than his previous ones.
                  www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• church of tiamat
                    • Sep 2013

I'm not a fan of those looks, especially top parts of each look except of blazer and mesh hoodie. Bottoms are really good. And the best look of all those, in my opinion, is definetely 10th. Some piece from other looks seem a bit useless, like strapped hoods and this cropped jacket from look nr 1.

Comment

• michael_kard
                      • Oct 2010

I don't like this at all. Reminds me too much of Julius from 3-4 years ago, in terms of design as well as styling. The ribbed detailing, the cold dyes, the prints, the too many zippers... It all seems overdone and slightly out of context considering his work over the past couple of years. In fact, I don't really see anything in this collection that strikes me as uniquely Plokhov, except for the shoes (which are identical to the ones he did for Versace AW10). If this presentation was by a newly found label noone would even bother mentioning how derivative it looks.
                      ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                      Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
                        I don't like this at all. Reminds me too much of Julius from 3-4 years ago, in terms of design as well as styling. The ribbed detailing, the cold dyes, the prints, the too many zippers... It all seems overdone and slightly out of context considering his work over the past couple of years. In fact, I don't really see anything in this collection that strikes me as uniquely Plokhov, except for the shoes (which are identical to the ones he did for Versace AW10). If this presentation was by a newly found label noone would even bother mentioning how derivative it looks.
                        it's clearly obvious that you know very little about Plokhov's work based on your statements, and yes it is derivative of a certain label that used to exist in NY several years ago...............What was the name of it again, er, Coat?.......................hmm, Cloak?

Yes Cloak it is, and let me see, somehow I'd like to think it was designed by a designer named Alexandre Plokhov if my memory serves me correct!

this is the best collection Plokhov has done under his own name bar none, and its the best because its the best elements of Cloak brought together with the best of what he has done for the last several seasons. I LOOOOVEE this and happy to see a true master finding his stride again!
                        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• AngelofDeath
                          • Jun 2012

I guess it's easy to compare this collection to Julius when your sample size of Plokhov is the last few seasons, which have certainly been more reserved than this, but like Zam said, this is a lot of the best elements of Cloak and the eponymous label put together. While I think some comparisons to Julius (and Rick, too, perhaps) are valid, saying it's "derivative" is a bit off base. This is still Plokhov through and through. Might be him at his best, reconciling the great subtlety and construction of more recent years with the military/utilitarian motifs of Cloak.
                          I want you to tell me who you are in your dreams. Who is there? And is it beautiful like music?

Comment

• upsilonkng
                            • May 2010

Originally posted by Stephen29
                            This guy is really looking awesome and the leather outfit's, he is wearing made me his big fan of it and i am too crazy for leather stuff, even my cupboard is full of leather jackets.
                            this is hilarious for all the wrong reasons.
                            as far as this lookbook i think it looks very Black Eye Peas, don't know if its the model or the clothes exactly but put them together and that's all i can think of... i don't know , is it possible to get a buffer slightly indian looking dude to wear less shirts and more leather vests w/ lots and lots of zippers ? the nipple height leather jacket is a bad joke, if he sells one of those i'll be impressed. Who here is like, shit man I need a shorter leather jacket like one no longer than my nipples, and i won't wear a shirt to make sure it's nipple height.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

/\ look at his signature. all the answers are there.

Kard, as Zam says, you are betraying your lack of knowledge of history. I do not disagree with you entirely though and I can see how you could make this statement. I do think that Alex looks at the goth ninja realm and a part of me wishes he did not and kind of continued the Cloak thing. But, he is definitely no stranger to it and never was.

The cold-dye has to go. I'm really getting sick of it. It looked good for a year or so, three years ago or so.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎