Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ann Demeulemeester SS14

Default Ann Demeulemeester SS14

Gorgeous collection. But, of course, there were no dancing black girls, so no one will talk about quiet poetry.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

this is beautiful. i'd love to see upclose shots of the shoes. the muddled distressed hair peeking through the voluminous hats is in perfect juxtaposition. i concur with faust, what ann needs is more stomping the yard to really get the buzz going. overall this is my favorite collection of ss14 so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post

Gorgeous collection. But, of course, there were no dancing black girls, so no one will talk about quiet poetry.
    Swear I was just about to quip up the same sentiment, lol, but you beat me to it.

The flocked velvet may be a little 'too poetic' for my taste, but yeah, it's lush & gorgeous and will look even better in person.

First season in memory that I'm not drawn to the footwear (is it printed?), but whatever.
    sain't

Ah Ann, always pulling on the heartstrings. This is a gorgeous collection. Especially like the red looks. It's a shame that I've never seen a woman wear AD, like ever.

this is great, so elegant. the sheer intensity of the red was a bit of a surprise at first, but just about every look is perfect.

I'm quite surprised by what she delivered. It's not what I usually expect from her. The collection is gorgeous and poetic however I prefer less romantic but more edgy Ann like SS12.

In love with this collection... Look 27 (floor-length black silk w/ the black blazer) is so beautiful, almost unbelievably... And again her color choices with the red and camel are so poetic. She introduced some flocking this season (FW) with men's, and it's nice nice quality. Nice to see her exploring more with it

Quote Originally Posted by interest1 View Post
    First season in memory that I'm not drawn to the footwear (is it printed?), but whatever.

Thanks for the close-up, Bson. :)

Ok, not for me. The red boot is very Mary Quant, isn't it? Haa!
    Well, Ms. Demeulemeester has taken enough money out of my pockets over the years.
    This season we'll sit this one out.
    sain't

Well, Ms. Demeulemeester has taken enough money out of my pockets over the years.
    NP

On my first viewing of the red looks I was totally getting a 'mod' vibe also...! I had a vision of Rosemary in the shift dress, though maybe I've seen that movie too many times... haha

Beautiful and whimsical.
    But, oh Ann, you use stripes and no Beetlejuice pants? The transparent ones do not count. And while I love it when Ann uses red, pairing it with beige is not a very pleasant sight to me.
    lavender menace

Quote Originally Posted by Reveries View Post
    Ah Ann, always pulling on the heartstrings. This is a gorgeous collection. Especially like the red looks. It's a shame that I've never seen a woman wear AD, like ever.
    Do the Faustian 2-step program to remedy the Ann-void.

Step 1: find a girlfriend
    Step 2: buy her Ann D clothes.

Enjoy and repeat (hopefully you will only need to repeat step 2)
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

I always feel like lighting some candles after seeing a good ann collection. This is no different - really gorgeous, although I could live without the headpieces.
    I do not recognise the vessel,
    but the eyes seem so familiar

I feel the same way unfortunately I don't mind that third look that was posted, and I like the shade of red, but that is about it. I would still like to see showroom pictures to see some of the details up close, maybe I will warm up to it.

i love ann and her usage of color but her all black looks are
    on a different level

There's so much finesse in this collection. I appreciate how well styled it is and I love the hats.
    Life is a hiiighway

so good. had to look twice. first time hats and then go back again and check the garments.