• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ronald_bne
    • Jun 2010

The main resources I used were:

Share your videos with friends, family, and the world

The first has quite a comprehensive shoe making tutorial through videos. The next 2 are blogs with various tutorials and techniques.

Comment

• newp
      • Feb 2013

This is just awesome. Congratulations on your advance further into artisanal realm, I am really looking forward more high boots of yours!

Comment

• dandefilippo
        • Dec 2011

Amazing work man. I see its a very careful work to do, but do one needs to have specific skills or anyone can learn (I mean, after training etc)?

Comment

• Skywalker13
          • Nov 2014

You've heard this a lot but again FANTASTIC WORK!!! You are a real talent man, you should think about doing this full time if it's possible...

Comment

• vegettoo
            • Oct 2014

didnt see the jeans last time,would be very interesting to see will the denim fade through out wearing,or try the black denim?but the jeans already looks great!

Comment

• ronald_bne
              • Jun 2010

Originally posted by dandefilippo View Post
              Amazing work man. I see its a very careful work to do, but do one needs to have specific skills or anyone can learn (I mean, after training etc)?
              I learnt myself. If your coordinated with using your hands (hand tools/power tools) then those skills can transfer over to shoe making. It does however take its toll on your hands, they get fairly sore after making a pair.

Originally posted by Skywalker13 View Post
              You've heard this a lot but again FANTASTIC WORK!!! You are a real talent man, you should think about doing this full time if it's possible...
              Thank you so much! I don't think that's possible though. Honestly its really hard work and I'm pretty happy with my day job. This is nothing more than a hobby and if I was to take it further it'd still be something I do on the side. Plus I'd probably look at using a blake welter or a goodyear welter to help speed the process up and keep up with demand. At that point they would loose their 100% handmade tag. I suppose that'd be the trade off...

Originally posted by vegettoo View Post
              didnt see the jeans last time,would be very interesting to see will the denim fade through out wearing,or try the black denim?but the jeans already looks great!
              I forgot to take a fit pic for you guys. I'll see if I can organise one this weekend.

Comment

• p2h
                • Jan 2014

great work ! Bravo

Comment

• zen dog
                  • Jan 2014

Those are beautiful shoes, ronald bne!
                  I am getting ready to make my first pair of pair of shoes with slightly more modest aspirations. My question for you and anyone else is how important is the steel shank?
                  I will have a heel similar to yours- is it structural or arch support?

Thanks

Comment

• Chikov
                    • Jan 2014

Hi Ronald_bne. I have a question for you. recently I experimented to dye the new pair of shoes. I am pleased with the result,
                    but after few days the sole adopted its usual form.
                    please, give me advise how to make a sole more sustainable. maybe you have a secret thanks

Comment

• fredcole
                      • May 2015

Making shoe sole sustainable...

Originally posted by Chikov View Post
                      Hi Ronald_bne. I have a question for you. recently I experimented to dye the new pair of shoes. I am pleased with the result,
                      but after few days the sole adopted its usual form.
                      please, give me advise how to make a sole more sustainable. maybe you have a secret thanks
                      Will this help?

How to Mold and Attach a Sole to Handmade Shoes. A video tutorial on how to attach a rubber sole to handmade shoes. Learn how to mold a sole to your foot ...

Time to sell these on etsy? (https://www.etsy.com/in-en/market/handmade_shoes or etsy clone http://www.similarto.us/etsy.com/)

Comment

• thinbuddha
                        • Jul 2011

ronald - quick question as I'm about to start my first pair of shoes as well. when looking at "soling leather," is that just normal vegetable-tanned cowhide but at a larger thickness?

Comment

• yubbermax
                          • Jun 2014

Originally posted by thinbuddha View Post
                          ronald - quick question as I'm about to start my first pair of shoes as well. when looking at "soling leather," is that just normal vegetable-tanned cowhide but at a larger thickness?
                          Vegetable/oak tanned leather can be used but when used for soles it is tanned for a longer period of time to make it more stiff and durable. Oiled leather can also be used and is better in wet conditions since it absorbs less water and maintains a bit more traction than an oak tanned sole.

Comment

• thinbuddha
                            • Jul 2011

Originally posted by yubbermax View Post
                            Vegetable/oak tanned leather can be used but when used for soles it is tanned for a longer period of time to make it more stiff and durable. Oiled leather can also be used and is better in wet conditions since it absorbs less water and maintains a bit more traction than an oak tanned sole.
                            thanks - i think i understand. i was able to find thicker soling leather online. any other tips on what i should look for?

Comment

• devour
                              • Dec 2014

Are you selling any of the shoes you have made?

Comment

• newp
                                • Feb 2013

Originally posted by devour View Post
                                Are you selling any of the shoes you have made?
                                His shoes are called TYPICAL and sold at hide-m.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎