• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by radio-aktivität View Post
    Does anybody know if the sneakerboots are part of a new adidas collaboration? their soles look a lot like those of adidas’ springblade running shoes (link)

Well, I like the rest! the peeled-skin-effect ryan mentioned especially, even the color schemes —*yes. I wonder if the blue denim will generate some more peacock moments in the Cult.
    Yes, they are.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• delicious_not
      • Dec 2012

that was an interesting show to watch, but overall there's no items i'd want to snatch right off the runway (well that db coat is nice). very bold, very rick... but too cartoonish and mad, not really what i want from him. plus i'm not a fan of the s/s collections anyway... will be buying lots of moody rick in coming months though.

Comment

• Dropt
        • May 2009

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
        All of the embroideries are based on drawings he had done for me and Michèle [Lamy – his wife and business partner], they are just kind of notes to me and Michèle around the house," Owens said.
        I would rather have seen some great piece of informal or primitive art print than egoism rehash… Regarding the Elephant man inspiration, why not have gone full on and swing the stereotypical models like he did in his women's collection?

Comment

• Sudden(!)Void
          • Sep 2013

Originally posted by excelsiom View Post
          they are. upon close-ups, you may see the perforated tristripe.

they also lace-up underneath the velcro panel.
          Work with adidas,
          get the springblade sole
          very smart

Comment

• Dane
            HAMMERTIME
            • Feb 2011

i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• k3mist
              • Apr 2013

the springblades are terrible. the adidas version sold really badly, im shocked they even wanted to use em.

Comment

• DRRRK
                • Aug 2009

Rick is involved now, so that does not count. Just read the Rick Owens thread and former RO collections threads. What is terrible now will shine brightly once it hits the stores.

Comment

• Shucks
                  • Aug 2010

guess what. i'm gonna get myself a pair. :)

Last edited by Shucks; 06-27-2014, 09:41 AM.

Comment

• DRRRK
                    • Aug 2009

You made your mind up early.

Comment

• darkbydesign
                      • Sep 2010

Weird, even for me and I prefer weird over the "usual". Diapers though? And diapers that look like they came from some bad form of knightly role-playing situation... Then all that color (and I actually like color) and the weird pretend bondage harnesses that you can buy at a bad kink (not even a real fetish store...)

I do like the brown color blocked piece that someone commented on up there, but that's about it.... Though, nice attempt to change things up, which deserves respect.

Those shoes. Wow.... Imagine stepping into a hot pile of dog shit wearing those? haha I'd laugh watching someone trying to clean that out, but more so because it's a match made in heaven.

Comment

• trentk
                        • Oct 2010

Shucks

I don't get the springblade hate and even like this silver/grey pair (which for some reason I think would look interesting worn with damir doma's new collection and cc hennix's electric harpsichord playing in the background):

"He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• DudleyGray
                          • Jul 2013

I'm someone who initially liked the sneaker before finding out about the original springblade. The biggest problem for me is that the most noticeable aspect of the Rick springblades is not actually Rick's design. The lowtop is hardly different from the original springblade, just a slightly simpler pattern and colorway.

Was adidas disappointed by the divided reception of the original collaboration? Did they tell him to scale it back with each season? Because the first one was wonderfully Rick and unlike any runner I'd ever seen, second one less so, and now this. I can respect the high version a little though.
                          bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• eleves
                            • Sep 2012

How do spring blades even feel? Does anyone have any experience? I imagine gallant bouncing/prancing, very deer like. I didn't really pay much attention to the Rick show because I already saw Prometheus when it came out but these spring blade trainers have been popping up the most. These look more like building upon a current silhouette as opposed to the original rickdidas which looked like a whole new concept
                            Originally posted by Faust
                            HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• casem
                              • Sep 2006

Shucks never fails to get on board

This pretty well sums up how I feel about Rick lately.

I do respect the guts it takes to put this stuff down the runway, but it hardly fills me with desire.
                              music

Comment

• upsilonkng
                                • May 2010

this Adidas thing... more and more I'm starting to believe will be the death of Rick. Like everyone else said, the first runners at least looked like rick and is a non functional runner as these all should be, because if I see u running up a muddy mountain in $800 running shoes I'm not sure how i should feel. the second one is clearly pulled back and looks functional and now it's just an adidas lame 20 years too late Shox w/ a rick logo on it... kind of like the Reebok bbs thing/colab which is just a logo on some corporate played out shit that's 20years old and anyone who falls for this I honestly have to question if u even really care about these designers at all or if u are just a flat out label whore. I think u don't and u are.
                                Shouldn't be surprising, what usually happens when large corporations get involved? product not art that's for sure. That seems to be where we're heading..
                                i mean shit man that blade shit and then shelltoes? what's next? is Rick going to outfit RunDMC??? don't laugh because it'll probably happen, he already did those fake huge adidas shorts, how long before a full dmc sweat outfit w/ those shelltoes? coming in at a clean $4K retail, I know Shucks is already wearing it.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎