X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brettwagg
    • Jan 2013

Wow all those in one month would rule.

The new Demdike Stare stuff isn't bad, but TBH I haven't really had my socks knocked off by anything they have done since the first 3-4 lps ... I have the Triptych 3xLP and it's completely solid. A lot of the stuff on Elemental is really good too but I haven't spent as much time with the material. The test pressings stuff while undeniable good doesn't floor me as much as the earlier stuff did.

I also saw today that Downwards is releasing a new record featuring Dom Prurient doing vocals and Ugandan Methods doing the music. Could be either terrible or amazing. I really like both things separate a lot, but I am sceptical.

Comment

• gin soaked boy
      • May 2012

I prefer their earlier stuff as well. But I think they do now what Aphex did with the analord-series after releasing drukqs. Maybe it's the right way for an artist to go back to the origins (afx = acid, demdike = jungle/hardcore) and to focus on perfecting your craft instead of trying too hard to create something new. I enjoy their new tracks as basic stuff with a sophisticated aggressiveness (no NIN-comparisons, please ) and I hope they will come up with something more complex in a few years, when the time has come.
      "Das Getöse war absolut geworden, man hörte es nicht mehr."
      (E. Jünger)

Comment

• jap808
        • Dec 2012

Don't know if this should be posted in "techno" or in "tattoos" tread, but...
        I got a new tattoo with a Rrose artwork which I'm really proud of it

Comment

• PascalKreutz
          • Sep 2013

prefered techno clubs

Which clubs do you prefer to listen techno? I really enjoy Berghain everytime I am in Berlin.

Comment

• antabaka
            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by jap808 View Post
            Don't know if this should be posted in "techno" or in "tattoos" tread, but...
            I got a new tattoo with a Rrose artwork which I'm really proud of it

so good

Originally posted by PascalKreutz View Post
            Which clubs do you prefer to listen techno? I really enjoy Berghain everytime I am in Berlin.
            i've never been to any proper techno clubs, but i've seen a techno show at fabric the one time i was in london for a week
            here in vancouver we don't have any proper clubs at all, they all play edm
            the proper techno happens in warehouses and basements and the back of old record stores, but most of them get shut down really quickly

Comment

• Atmosphere
              • Jan 2010

Anyone going to Dekmantel? I am! The lineup is sooooo fucking good

Comment

• MoFiya
                • Sep 2007

^ it indeed is, friends of mine are going on Friday. Would love to be on Mainstage on Friday, UFO on Sunday.

I will probably see Rodhad next week.....
                I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• jap808
                  • Dec 2012

Originally posted by PascalKreutz View Post
                  By now, I really can't imagine any other place as good as Berghain, when it comes to techno...
                  Festivals? I just don't fit them: I like clubs...
                  Ibiza? Been there many times, still love the fun in it, but -honestly- there's no techno in sight and everything is terribly over priced...
                  Other nice clubs worldwide? There are plenty! But I cannot "compare" them to a place where every sunday lasts 36hours and includes at least two between Klock, Dettman, Pete, Boris, ACR, Fieled ecc...
                  Other nice clubs in Berlin? Tresor, Suicide, ecc they all have good lineups, good bass, nice people ecc... but the "vibe" ends after 6-7-10hours when Berghain is just about to set-off...

Comment

• etgreg
                    • Jan 2011

This one never gets old.

Tracklisting Cio D'Or - Autumnwinds - RA podcast exclusive Murcof - Rostro - The Leaf Label Xhin - Seed - Stroboscopic Artefacts Milton Bradley - Somewhere Beyond My Illusion - Prologue Heartth

Comment

• udbrud
                      • Dec 2013

Figured this could be of interest to some people on here. Stream of the debut release of a local, Copenhagen-based, guy - released on the currently extremely hyped Posh Isolation label.
                      Deep Sandwell District vibes on this one, but a solid debut.

Read Mischa Pavlovski's commentary here: http://www.self-titledmag.com/2014/08/08/stream-mischa-pavlovskis-kapitel-lp-and-read-his-commentary/ + our Label of the Month feature on @poshisolation:

Comment

• etgreg
                        • Jan 2011

udbrud, very good. I'll need to look into this.

In case some are not familiar with the German duo Oake.

OAKE ‎| OffenbarungLabel: Downwards ‎-- DN 055Format: Vinyl, 12"Country: UKReleased: 07 Apr 2013Genre: ElectronicStyle: Experimental, Industrial http://www.d...

Their Boiler Room appearance was as expected; very animated. Have no idea why it was taken down. I managed to download the audio.

Comment

• antabaka
                          • Mar 2013

i've been finding a lot of really good techno tracks nowadays
                          i bought this damaskin release during my trip to new york:
                          Released by: Unknown PreceptRelease/catalogue number: PRECEPT 002Release date: Apr 14, 2014Buy and supporthttp://juno.co.uk/products/damaskin-unseen-warfare/...

BUT
                          this isn't the best track i've heard lately
                          but it's so goddamn catchy that i've listened to it five times today:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• gin soaked boy
                            • May 2012

I visited the exhibition "10 Years of Berghain" yesterday. (Info: http://www.factmag.com/2014/07/08/be...rsten-nicolai/)

It's definitely not a must-see, most of the artworks are nothing special. But I enjoyed the atmosphere as well, because the building is so beautiful. And while it was sunday afternoon, you could hear the bass from the party still running as a constant drone.

Btw: Demdike Stare-set was amazing, but Suicide Circus was overcrowded and hot as fuck.

Edit: The distorted metallic sounds in the Damaskin track are sick, good thing. But the kick of the second one is too much BOOM for me.
                            "Das Getöse war absolut geworden, man hörte es nicht mehr."
                            (E. Jünger)

Comment

• antabaka
                              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by gin soaked boy View Post
                              I visited the exhibition "10 Years of Berghain" yesterday. (Info: http://www.factmag.com/2014/07/08/be...rsten-nicolai/)

It's definitely not a must-see, most of the artworks are nothing special. But I enjoyed the atmosphere as well, because the building is so beautiful. And while it was sunday afternoon, you could hear the bass from the party still running as a constant drone.

Btw: Demdike Stare-set was amazing, but Suicide Circus was overcrowded and hot as fuck.

Edit: The distorted metallic sounds in the Damaskin track are sick, good thing. But the kick of the second one is too much BOOM for me.
                              oh man, i really need to visit berlin sometime

the BOOM in that track is part of why i like it, lol

Comment

• resolution653
                                • Nov 2013

Wish I had the chance to see that exhibition. Most likely I'll never get the chance to step foot in Berghain. Hear ya on the beauty of the building.

Just thought I'd pop in a drop a track I've been listening to frequently.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎