Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shucks
    • Aug 2010

haven't listened to music much lately, or followed this thread. been busy on the beach. but here's one of my favorite dj-sets, patrick walker at tresor last year, which i'm listening to right now...

https://soundcloud.com/isodyne/patri...r-tresor-march

Comment

• antabaka
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by resolution653 View Post
      Wish I had the chance to see that exhibition. Most likely I'll never get the chance to step foot in Berghain. Hear ya on the beauty of the building.

Just thought I'd pop in a drop a track I've been listening to frequently.

aw yeah that track is pretty sweet, i've peeped that and 420, might be worth a digital buy

i've been really enjoying this:

Comment

• resolution653
        • Nov 2013

Originally posted by antabaka View Post
        aw yeah that track is pretty sweet, i've peeped that and 420, might be worth a digital buy

i've been really enjoying this:
        Definitely. 420 is a solid cut as well.

I've been sleeping on Developer. Think he recently released an LP, I saw reviewed on Resident Advisor. That track you posted got my head nodding from the jump. Going to check out some more of his discog.

O, speaking of RA, just headed over there and see they have a feature up with Marcel Dettmann.

We hear the records that laid the foundation for the Berghain resident's singular sound.

We hear the records that laid the foundation for the Berghain resident's singular sound.

Comment

• ilohshix
          • Sep 2010

first time posting in sz. might as well be this.

just thought of sharing what ive been repeating on my playlist currently

looking forward to share more with everyone here \m/-_-\m/

Comment

• antabaka
            • Mar 2013

Definitely. 420 is a solid cut as well.

I've been sleeping on Developer. Think he recently released an LP, I saw reviewed on Resident Advisor. That track you posted got my head nodding from the jump. Going to check out some more of his discog.

O, speaking of RA, just headed over there and see they have a feature up with Marcel Dettmann.

the Developer album is so hard to pirate, lol
            the album release is actually a series of EPs and people have only uploaded EP 1 and 3

i'd buy it but i just spent all my money on some records

this was really worth the buy
            nobody's uploaded it yet either, i should rip it

i'm reading that marcel interview, thanks for linking that

Comment

• flicers
              • Sep 2009

Interesting to see Dettmann rep DAF. Although to understand the lyrics to Der Mussolini it's crucial not to forget the "dance to Jesus Christ" line.

hypnotic, dark, music, ebm, techno, synth, pop, old, school, electro, body, new, wave, gothic, metal, goth, deathrock, darkwave, industrial, electronic, remember, D.A.F., der, mussolini, original, version

edit: Just listened to Vampiro and it's sublime!

In case anyone missed it, Objekts' Ganzfeld from his split EP with Dopplereffekt. Still thrilled to have seen both on the same night a few weeks ago.

Objekt doesn’t release much, but when he does he tends to make it count. The Berlin-based expat has built up…

Originally posted by gin soaked boy View Post
              Btw: Demdikep Stare-set was amazing, but Suicide Circus was overcrowded and hot as fuck.
              Saturday was better crowd-wise and ovuca & alienata we're great.
              Last edited by flicers; 08-13-2014, 01:36 PM.

Comment

• resolution653
                • Nov 2013

Trying to wrap my head around it, but it's hard to go just off the preview. Need to hear full length, sounds full of raw emotion.

I use to check boomkat frequently to preview new releases. Now i just check https://hardwax.com/ as sort of an up to date music blog. Tho I kinda miss boomkat's descriptions ;)

Acquiring 1 and 3rd Developer ep's as I type.

Originally posted by flicers View Post
                In case anyone missed it, Objekts' Ganzfeld from his split EP with Dopplereffekt.
                Objekt doesn’t release much, but when he does he tends to make it count. The Berlin-based expat has built up…
                Objekt is an amazing producer, with a sound meticulously crafted. "Ganzfeld" shares some similarities to "Agnes Demise"

Can't wait to hear new Dopplereffekt.

ilohshix, Bumpin that Gescom track from '94 while posting. Straight bliss.

Comment

• kanne
                  • Jun 2009

Funny to hear that some of you were at Krake, too.

Went to that other place on sunday evening again, Eric Cloutier was amazing. Best set of the weekend for me, really really good. Closing by K209 (Henning Baer & Milton Bradley) was great as well.

Here is a playlist with a couple of their releases.

Comment

• gin soaked boy
                    • May 2012

Originally posted by flicers View Post
                    Saturday was better crowd-wise and ovuca & alienata we're great.
                    Good to hear.

Thanks for posting. And speaking of great techno interviews, here is an old (and long) interview with Regis I really enjoyed:

http://www.factmag.com/2010/06/09/re...ood-into-gold/

Originally posted by ilohshix View Post
                    first time posting in sz. might as well be this.

just thought of sharing what ive been repeating on my playlist currently
                    Funny how the techno discussion gets all us newbies to post something

Welcome to the dark side - nice selection! Gescom really released some great stuff, especially some ambient tracks:

Okay...back to technooo.
                    "Das Getöse war absolut geworden, man hörte es nicht mehr."
                    (E. Jünger)

Comment

• resolution653
                      • Nov 2013

Originally posted by gin soaked boy View Post
                      And speaking of great techno interviews, here is an old (and long) interview with Regis I really enjoyed:
                      Cool, checking it out now. Kind of surprised I haven't come across it before. I see the head of Blackest Ever Black sat down with him, will be a good read.

That brings to mind this one I read @ thequietus.com http://thequietus.com/articles/13898...nnor-interview

Highlights include
                      On Downwards' A&R style: "Downwards has this massive, tempestuous relationship with all the artists. I've fallen out with everybody apart from the new artists. Give them time. I'm not allowed to talk to one of [the older artists], his wife has forbidden it; one of them I am convinced tried to assassinate me by tampering with my car. It's fucking comedy, I couldn't make it up. It was a complete and utter disaster from beginning to end, but this is the point, this is why it's interesting. Sometimes I think 'how the hell is that happening?' I do have to add that I have made up with most of them."

Comment

• resolution653
                        • Nov 2013

Some new sets on https://www.youtube.com/user/brtvofficial/videos

Surgeon, Oscar Mulero, and Function for the techno heads.

Chatroom was ablaze for this one. Behind the furore of #redpolo and the Burzum Bambi tee

Comment

• antabaka
                          • Mar 2013

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhh

Comment

• antabaka
                            • Mar 2013

i'm listening to gesaffelstein for the first time and i don't really get why it's popular
                            it's like a mix of pop edm electro house and ebm or something

it's like he gets ebm and industrial and whatever and adds drops to it

Comment

• Jun 2013

Originally posted by antabaka View Post
                              i'm listening to gesaffelstein for the first time and i don't really get why it's popular
                              it's like a mix of pop edm electro house and ebm or something

it's like he gets ebm and industrial and whatever and adds drops to it
                              if you listen to his old stuff when he released on Turbo recordings,
                              you will feel differences compare to latest single or whatever.
                              im quite fan of his stuff but still prefer old ones.

Comment

• antabaka
                                • Mar 2013

he kinda rags on digital djs (i'm a traktor dude)
                                but this is pretty great

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎