Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carol2046
    • Mar 2012

I was a bit iffy with these 4 collections at first too (especially with Glitch), but turns out if you get to see and feel the individual pieces in person they haven't really lost much of the character of Julius and they do reflect a gradual evolution of the brand. In fact, when I look back at the older Julius pieces from before 2012 they do seem a bit dated. It would be interesting to see what Horikawa-san has up his sleeves for the next phase of Julius.

Having said that I do agree that leather quality tends to be higher in older collections. But boots have become much much more comfy especially since Prism.

Comment

• deadcabforcutie01
      • Feb 2015

one of my fav

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
        • Apr 2013

I preordered less than prism, but it was still pretty solid especially on the polygon shoes and the parkas for the sport crowd.

the shoes were stronger than prism and glitch for sure though, just my only concern is the crepe soles but I'm sure it will be fine.
        Originally posted by unwashed
        Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
        Originally posted by Ahimsa
        I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• darkbydesign
          • Sep 2010

^^Are all those glasses with Kuboraum or are some of them with Rigards? really like at least 2 pairs and he's getting really creative with those. Also, the Glitch, Prism and Sphere connection is pretty continuous and nice and for me, no one can touch his formal wear. The formal jackets from collection to collection are just sick. I don't think I can ever get enough Julius outerwear......

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
            • Apr 2013

Originally posted by darkbydesign View Post
            ^^Are all those glasses with Kuboraum or are some of them with Rigards? really like at least 2 pairs and he's getting really creative with those. Also, the Glitch, Prism and Sphere connection is pretty continuous and nice and for me, no one can touch his formal wear. The formal jackets from collection to collection are just sick. I don't think I can ever get enough Julius outerwear......
            this is the end pretty much of that 4 part "cycle"

they are all kubos.
            I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• darkbydesign
              • Sep 2010

^Thx. The pair with the gray tone under eye, are really unique. Would have looked good in Ghost as well. Also like the pair highlighted above.

Then, his tailoring just gets better and better. The more seasons go by and I get pickier and pickier, Julius is still the only designer I think I buy pieces from literally every single season. I just think his pieces are always 100X better in person, with some many surprises. BBS is the same way and it's so nice to get an article of clothing that feels great and also technically teaches you something or at least lets you admire the art.

Comment

• minhcu2805
                • Mar 2013

some items are up online already and I dont see any dramatic pointy shoulder at all?

Comment

• yubbermax
                  • Jun 2014

Originally posted by minhcu2805 View Post
                  some items are up online already and I dont see any dramatic pointy shoulder at all?
                  Those were just for the show, the production pieces don't have them.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                    • Jul 2013

As in being sold? Where?

Comment

• Tiranis
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post
                      As in being sold? Where?
                      Project 3,14 and Antonioli both have their pre-orders up. Will still be a while before the first shipment arrives.

Comment

• dji
                        • Feb 2008

it may simply be that the small sample of stores that have pre-orders available didn't order those pieces, TD (who visited the Japanese showrooms) correct me if I'm mistaken.

the geometric panelled leather is much nicer than I expected..

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                          • Apr 2013

that stuff was for the show only, which was utterly dissapointing, also I do not intend to burst your bubble on the panelled leather, but it was not as good as id hoped it would be. :[

Comment

• ian+
                            • Dec 2011

pre-order period has started in certain japanese stores, such as id heart. Great boots and tailoring, not so sure about the rest of the stuff.
                            ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• upsilonkng
                              • May 2010

it's pretty bad, but i thought the runway was bad. Nilos is just a bunch of long t-shirts w/ prints and some shorts pretty pointless stuff. I hope he makes some new stuff soon, this is so far from great, very disappointing.

Comment

• ian+
                                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by upsilonkng View Post
                                it's pretty bad, but i thought the runway was bad. Nilos is just a bunch of long t-shirts w/ prints and some shorts pretty pointless stuff. I hope he makes some new stuff soon, this is so far from great, very disappointing.
                                Nilos is crap, at least what is online
                                ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎