Comment

• Ahimsa
      Vegan Police
      • Sep 2011

StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Rick-A-Doodle
        • Oct 2014

The look on his face at the end. He knows he fucked up.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Really? I thought it was good. Nice light tailoring, cool footwear. Will post SZ PHOTOS SOON - you'll get a better picture, so to speak...
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Mattiassa
            • Dec 2014

People here will of course be forever divided on the new course this brand is taking. I like this new course and I thought this collection was fresh and inspired and with a fairly large dose of brand DNA.

Comment

• stemcell
              • Jul 2011

Those pants are downright embarrassing. Especially the orange bikers.

Comment

• k3mist
                • Apr 2013

can't wait to see the SZ pics cause from what i see here, this is just bad. really messy as a collection and the use of colors just seems really off, not a fan.

Comment

• aussy
                  • Jul 2011

edit: in response to new photos, regarding colors
                  The SZ photos show them to be a lot more vibrant, so I retract my previous comment. The orange leather still reads as tacky. I find the turquoise to be better utilized as an accent, especially in conjunction with the orange. I found it less successful paired alone with black. Finally, I'm still not sold on jewel tone pants.

The few instances of Ann D frilly detailing don't suite the direction of this collection or the brand should he continue down this path, skeumorphic. A number of the looks are also way too busy or just downright conflicted. Finally, those grid pants are way too precise and cold in my opinion, adding further tension to some of the looks.

Ultimately, this collection offers some glimmers of the past, and some bright hints at the future. I do like everything bar the complaints listed and I'm excited to see what becomes of Ann Demeulemeester.
                  Last edited by aussy; 06-27-2015, 05:02 PM.

Comment

• curiouscharles
                    • Jan 2008

Collection was amazing in person.

Hit on every quintessential Ann trait without adhering too closely to any of its potential clients' directionally diverse desires.

From a buyers perspective, there was PLENTY here to whet one's appetite, no matter what side of the coin you (or your store's) tastes happen to fall.

The layered hem cropped / tapered trousers (in their few variations), were some of the best in the brand's history, and the general layering and proportions were nothing short of classic, classic Ann.

Monsieur Meunier has been head designer of menswear MUCH longer than most of us realize, so to write off his recent work as though he only JUST took the reigns is simply misguided.

That being said, my opinion could change after I see the showroom tomorrow morning, but as a show, in person, I saw plenty to be excited about - even as a throughly sz-borne fashion victim.
                    —
                    -

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

MORE: http://www.sz-mag.com/news/2015/06/a...er-ss16-paris/

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• aussy
                        • Jul 2011

Thanks for the photos! They certainly show the collection in a more lively light. Edited my response above.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by aussy View Post
                          Thanks for the photos! They certainly show the collection in a more lively light. Edited my response above.
                          It's really interesting to see the responses between those who were at the show and who only saw the photos. I thought this was strong while the universally praised Julius collection was weak.

T-2hr to showroom visit. Final verdict tonight.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• yay
                            • Sep 2014

it looks much better in the 2nd set of photos, the details really make this. but i like s/s 15 more, that's for sure. but i thought that was prob the strongest overall in 15.

interested about your impressions from the showroom, faust

Comment

• alimanu
                              • May 2009

Agree about the layered hem, something new to the beaten cropped trousers, paired with shoes on look 1 are my favorite.

Haven't found more detailed shots of the footwear, If anyone can share, it would be great.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎