• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrbeuys
    • May 2008

Originally posted by PUCK View Post
    Mine isn't at this point yet but every day it's a gettin closer:
    Considering how these are appreciating you gotta run FAST to get closer. This one is just getting further and further away from me. Had a chance to buy a mint condition one for $ 30k 10 years ago and didn't. Would have been a solid investment.
    Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• 550BC
      • Jan 2013

I worked with this guy for a publication about 2 years ago. Definitely worth checking out: http://www.banditnine.com/fleet/
      a fish out of water dies

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by 550BC View Post
        I worked with this guy for a publication about 2 years ago. Definitely worth checking out: http://www.banditnine.com/fleet/
        Funny, I found out about him exactly two days ago. Was talking to a prominent photographer who was considering ordering one (provided his wife does not kill him first).

BTW, we have a dedicated motorcycle thread.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

I've been reading about/perusing cars more than usual lately... definite dream fleet would include:

Shelby Daytona Coupe
          Shelby Cobra
          65 Mustang Fastback
          Porsche 356 Speedster
          Ferrari 246 GT Dino (71-72)
          Mercedes 300SL Gullwing

for the two wheeled contingent, a Vincent Rapide and Black Shadow and a few more Honda CB450s (K0 Black Bomber and another cafe racer)

60s and early 70s were such a golden age for cars and design...
          www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• PUCK
            • Feb 2016

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
            Considering how these are appreciating you gotta run FAST to get closer. This one is just getting further and further away from me. Had a chance to buy a mint condition one for $ 30k 10 years ago and didn't. Would have been a solid investment.
            I hear you! I picked up mine about 4 years ago and I'm doing a full rotisserie resto on her. It's been hell but companies like singer make it much easier than it used to be.

All the targa tops have taken off in price and they're looking to be the next ferrari Dino in terms of cars that nobody wanted 20 years ago that are worth a fortune now

Comment

• PUCK
              • Feb 2016

Originally posted by 550BC View Post
              If you like his builds checkout max hazan sp? I think he'd be up your proverbial alley

Comment

• PUCK
                • Feb 2016

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                I've been reading about/perusing cars more than usual lately... definite dream fleet would include:

Shelby Daytona Coupe
                Shelby Cobra
                65 Mustang Fastback
                Porsche 356 Speedster
                Mercedes 300SL Gullwing

for the two wheeled contingent, a Vincent Rapide and Black Shadow and a few more Honda CB450s (K0 Black Bomber and another cafe racer)

I think this is any motor heads dream setup would run about 6MM to put this together not too bad bc in 10 years it'll be worth double

On a side note if you ever wanted to pull the trigger on a Vincent drop me a line I know a guy in Europe who does restorations and actually scratch builds repop Vincents from original castings, not the prestige of a real one but technically the same thing and at about 50% the cost

Also know an incredible builder in Los Angeles that can make cafe racer dreams come true if you like...

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

I think this is any motor heads dream setup would run about 6MM to put this together not too bad bc in 10 years it'll be worth double

On a side note if you ever wanted to pull the trigger on a Vincent drop me a line I know a guy in Europe who does restorations and actually scratch builds repop Vincents from original castings, not the prestige of a real one but technically the same thing and at about 50% the cost

Also know an incredible builder in Los Angeles that can make cafe racer dreams come true if you like...
                  Yeah 6 mil espec. if you're going for original Shelby Daytona.. the SL gullwing will def. run you 7 figures as well unfortunately.

Is your Vincent guy part of the Coventry Spares company?

For cafes, I can do the build myself... currently ride a '71 CB450 that I restored and cafe'd :) All black and chrome/raw aluminum of course. Wish I had more time and bandwith to do another one or start restoring a K0 CB450 right now.
                  www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• PUCK
                    • Feb 2016

well, I've got options for both of those as well, if you aren't after the genuine article, there are a few super talented craftsmen that can work magic.

For the Daytona, you can go directly to shelby, and for around 200K they will build one for you, genuine spec, or for about 75k more you can get it in polished aluminum mmmmmmmmmmmmm....

For the SL you probably can't get a true replica since mercedes cracked down super hard on that, but IMHO something that's pretty damned cool, also full aluminum bodied, scratch built, and not a replica, more inspired by the original, however I can't seem to find the link.

In terms of bike builds, I'm not talking a cafe'd swap, I mean a full custom job, though if you are building yourself, that's great brother,

In terms of the Vincents, coventry spares is a great resource, but for a full build Egli-Vincent is your resource, 2 year waiting list last I heard,

This fabulous Egli-Vincent story takes roots in 1965 when Fritz Egli started to race his Vincent Rapide in the Swiss hill climb championship. After two seasons of heavy modifications on the engine …
                    Last edited by PUCK; 02-27-2016, 04:30 PM. Reason: resize fail,

Comment

• PUCK
                      • Feb 2016

For Vincents there's also this gent

Very very talented

Comment

• khiev
                        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post

Shelby Daytona Coupe
                        Shelby Cobra
                        65 Mustang Fastback
                        Porsche 356 Speedster
                        Mercedes 300SL Gullwing

Notable exceptions (like the Dino) in the 70s but you could already see car design really going downhill because of added regulations... for which I do not really hold any complaints of course because safety ratings have improved so much since. It did take like what 30 years (only 20yrs for Gordon Brown with his F1) for car designers to overcome these regulations before cars started looking good again?

Love the 300SL but seeing Adam Levine driving one is just...

Comment

• zamb
                          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by khiev View Post
                          Notable exceptions (like the Dino) in the 70s but you could already see car design really going downhill because of added regulations... for which I do not really hold any complaints of course because safety ratings have improved so much since. It did take like what 30 years (only 20yrs for Gordon Brown with his F1) for car designers to overcome these regulations before cars started looking good again?

Love the 300SL but seeing Adam Levine driving one is just...
                          well we are on our way back to ugly and stupid with the emissions regulations, self driving cars and the slow death of naturally aspirated engines.
                          Of course cars are now safer, but technology is slowly taking the fun out of driving.
                          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• PUCK
                            • Feb 2016

Zam,

Maybe it works out in a way, imagine if all the "stupids" on the road were in one lane of self driving cars, and the other two lanes of the highway were just open road, that sounds like wishful thinking, but I'm wishing.

Like James May said, in the future everyone will drive Ferrari's.

Comment

• zamb
                              • Nov 2006

Zam,

Maybe it works out in a way, imagine if all the "stupids" on the road were in one lane of self driving cars, and the other two lanes of the highway were just open road, that sounds like wishful thinking, but I'm wishing.

Like James May said, in the future everyone will drive Ferrari's.
                              I want to drive, I dont want to be driven. and when i drive I want to feel the car. This year I am going to take performance driving lessons and have a few track sessions in New jersey during the summer.

the Tesla movement seems good in a way, they seem to be doing the right mix between electric and performance focused cars.
                              “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                              .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• PUCK
                                • Feb 2016

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                                I want to drive, I dont want to be driven. and when i drive I want to feel the car. This year I am going to take performance driving lessons and have a few track sessions in New jersey during the summer.

the Tesla movement seems good in a way, they seem to be doing the right mix between electric and performance focused cars.
                                That's exactly what I mean, it could work out where people who love to drive are more free to do so, and those who don't care (and are more likely to be bad drivers) are being driven in the Google cars.

Driving lessons are going to blow your mind Zam, I've taken them for motorcycle and car both track and off road, and I swear all I kept thinking was how wrong I had been for so many years, really .

You'll have a blast, and if you're in NJ stop by my place we can have a drink!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎