X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TriggerDiscipline
    • Apr 2013

things to do in Taipei (Taiwan thread)

anyone have any experience with Taiwan or Taipei?

did slight research and have a loose schedule, but I'm not sure if there's any stores or anything sz-esque thing I would be missing if I otherwise had not asked.

thanks
    Originally posted by unwashed
    Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
    Originally posted by Ahimsa
    I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Danchu in Taipei carries BBS Biek Verstappen and the like... Equivalent or possibly more expensive than other Asia countries.

Personally in Taiwan I spend more time going to night markets (raohe and others... While avoiding the overly touristy xilin.) and visiting incredible tea shops like Wistaria. So much better stuff to see do and eat aside from fashunz.
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
      • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
      Danchu in Taipei carries BBS Biek Verstappen and the like... Equivalent or possibly more expensive than other Asia countries.

Personally in Taiwan I spend more time going to night markets (raohe and others... While avoiding the overly touristy xilin.) and visiting incredible tea shops like Wistaria. So much better stuff to see do and eat aside from fashunz.
      yeah i have some of those things planned, I didnt mean clothing in general but more like if theres an avant garde scene or something like in china where they have their own thing going on i would not have minded checking it out.

I have plans for tea houses but we will see what happens, thanks for the information
      I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• dji
        • Feb 2008

we visited back in '12 and had a local friend show us around, we mostly just ate. Jiufen was touristy but pretty, not a bad day trip.

Comment

• timm3h
          • Mar 2011

Secret Service has an interesting selection. Also if you're there for more than a weekend or so it's nice to go to south / east TW, rent a scooter or something and just explore. Especially Tainan, really great atmosphere.
          Clothing deconstruction & review

Comment

• holajr
            • Feb 2011

As of 2018 for clothing, there is wabi-sabi in Taichung (台中)which carries Devoa/TVA/incarnation/nude:mm for I would assume astronomical prices compared to those in Japan. Also two locations of Secret Service in Taipei, one at the 101 Eslite, and one in East District (東區), probably no good deals to be had if you can afford to shop elsewhere.

If you're in Taiwan go mountaineering or canyoneering, or just visit a teahouse in the mountains for a far more enriching and worthwhile experience. Jiufen is better on a rainy day when there are no tourists, but even then it's mostly a tourist economy. As long as that is what you're expecting....
            Last edited by holajr; 05-01-2018, 06:12 PM.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
              • Apr 2013

Originally posted by holajr View Post
              As of 2018 for clothing, there is wabi-sabi in Taichung (台中)which carries Devoa/TVA/incarnation/nude:mm for I would assume astronomical prices compared to those in Japan. Also two locations of Secret Service in Taipei, one at the 101 Eslite, and one in East District (東區), probably no good deals to be had if you can afford to shop elsewhere.

If you're in Taiwan go mountaineering or canyoneering, or just visit a teahouse in the mountains for a far more enriching and worthwhile experience. Jiufen is better on a rainy day when there are no tourists, but even then it's mostly a tourist economy. As long as that is what you're expecting....
              you forgot to mention ne sense

Comment

• holajr
                • Feb 2011

Oh yeah... I keep seeing that name popup on Facebook.

Over the past 6 years I've gone from wearing all viridi-anne to wearing mostly Patagonia / Arcteryx on a daily basis. The climate in Taiwan is far too unforgiving to justify maintaining a non-technical wardrobe. So I don't really get excited about the Xinyi area.. more by the mountaineering stores around main station.

While it might not be of interest to SZ but there is a huge wave of interest in the intersection of utilitarian clothing with "design", so Snow Peak, Mystery Ranch etc. brands. In terms of stores I'm thinking of Amounter / White Rock / Outdoor Man (Tainan).

Comment

• Glennphilips
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2022

When it comes to fitting refrigerators, there are a few key points to consider. Firstly, make sure you measure the space you have carefully. You need to ensure there is enough room for the fridge to fit comfortably and that it won’t interfere with any other items in the room. https://bestsidebysiderefrigerators....or-sidebyside/

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎