X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Simone O.
    • Jan 2018

Best (fashion) media around?

Quick survey to see what really stands out from the crowd.

In my book, a great fashion publication, be it on- or offline, should:

-provide in-depth commentary and "framing" rather than newswire-like updates on new collections and drops (sorry hypebeast, you are a ticker more than anything)

-have a "point of view". This is not about having a vertical focus (say, Americana) as I feel the scope should be broad. Rather, tt means that there should be a red thread running through all content.

-include beautiful -and original!- images that are meant to showcase the individual brands and pieces, rather than show-off art direction skills.

-be as "independent" as possible. I want the content to reflect serious research, not be a semi-obvious homage to advertisers.

Bluntly put, I see nothing of this kind around...but maybe you know better! Putting together something like this would certainly require some serious money (while the rewards are much less certain) so it's not like I don't understand the lack of options, but still...
    www.ah-okay.com +++ We make contemporary gloves and un-essential accessories.
  • Sombre
    • Jan 2009

...StyleZeitgeist magazine. Just in case you don't know, it's the publication Faust built from this forum. It easily hits all your points. They just got some extras of the print volumes too (Faust can correct me if I'm wrong), and those are excellent. That's the best place to start IMO.
    An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
    I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• matglenn
      • Jun 2016

some/things mags are really great, they're nice looking objects as well.

Anniversary, nasty, and Novembre are good online resources.

Comment

• Anee
        • Jan 2018

Hey guys!
        I'm new to this forum, and I really hope to learn some new stuff from your discussions! :)
        WordPress Popup

Comment

• Simone O.
          • Jan 2018

Many interesting publications (didn't know the online ones mattglen highlighted) although, to be fair, every one is kind of almost-there-but-not-really.

I was thinking that, on good days, 032c has some pretty solid long-form interviews and pieces.
          www.ah-okay.com +++ We make contemporary gloves and un-essential accessories.

Comment

• Sufi
            • Jan 2017

SZ, Encens and Luncheon are my personal favourites.

Comment

• Bulletiquette
              • Jul 2011

If you are seeking media that perpetuates a critical and meaningful dialogue in relation to fashion, Vestoj would be my singular recommendation. There are not many sources available, especially on the internet, that delve into these territories with the same fervour and articulation that Vestoj's writers consistently manage to conjure.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Bulletiquette View Post
                If you are seeking media that perpetuates a critical and meaningful dialogue in relation to fashion, Vestoj would be my singular recommendation. There are not many sources available, especially on the internet, that delve into these territories with the same fervour and articulation that Vestoj's writers consistently manage to conjure.
                Totally. We have a collaboration, you know.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Gimsun
                  • Nov 2022

gswindowdisplay is a good online resource.
                  A website that can help you create your own window display.
                  GSWINDOWDISPLAY

Comment

• stevejones
                    • Mar 2023

There are many great fashion media outlets Here are some popular ones:

1.Vogue.
                    2.Harper's Bazaar.

3.Elle: Elle is a fashion and lifestyle magazine.

4.W Magazine: W Magazine is a fashion and culture magazine that features high-end fashion editorials and interviews with designers and industry insiders.

5.The Business of Fashion: The Business of Fashion is a media company that covers the fashion industry from a business perspective, including news, analysis, and insights.

6.Refinery29: Refinery29 is a digital media company that covers fashion, beauty, and lifestyle content for women.

7.Highsnobiety.

8.Fashionista.

9.GQ.

10.Esquire.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡