X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TriggerDiscipline
    • Apr 2013

SOSHIOTSUKI

Launched his own label 'SOSHIOTSUKI' in 2015, and his second collection was shortlisted for LVMH Prize 2016.
    The design philosophy of SOSHIOTSUKI comes from a personal interest in Japanese classical performing arts, he transformed that idea of Japanese traditions into fashion with detailed craftsmanship for tailoring technique.

SOSHIOTSUKI official Website。日本人の精神性とテーラーのテクニックによって作られるダンディズムを提案。

Originally posted by unwashed
    Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
    Originally posted by Ahimsa
    I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.
  • jurassicsnark
    • Sep 2015

Thanks for this, Trigger. I like some of these looks a lot. The SS19 campaign reminds me of "In the Mood for Love" in a strange way — maybe it is the repetition of the model in a shadowy and unglamorous setting.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
      • Apr 2013

The concept for ss19 is "MONDAY MONDAY TUESDAY WEDNESDAY THURSDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY" which is a famous navy saying in japan, popularized by the hard training of the world war two navy commander Ijuin Goro, this also sparked a song with the same name. the collection is what id consider a really bleak retrospective of post WWII japan and maybe slighty during, due to the motifs of bandages and redesigned army like garments.

The lookbook in itself really captures the true tiredness of that time period. really cool stuff.
      I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
        • Apr 2013

Comment

• maryannas
          • Mar 2019

Great, timeless style, I must say. I also like the editorials. They are very different, slightly nostalgic and definitely atmospheric.

Comment

• DannyDagger
            • Nov 2018

This is really, really good. I'll be following this thread closely. The photography work is also excellent. I've always felt like there wasn't enough retrospection of post-WWII Japan, and SS19 does just that while also creating something new.

Comment

• WolfSchwet
              • Apr 2019

Thanks for posting this. The concept behind SS19 is really interesting and the and the photography here is excellent too.

Comment

• Monologue
                • May 2020

Massive fan of the new season. https://www.wwdjapan.com/articles/1197998

Comment

• zamb
                  • Nov 2006

looks great!
                  “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                  .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎