X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bodique
    • Mar 2012

Masha Andrianova

I want to share with you a story about a Russian girl who was born in Paris and lived between France, Belgium and Russia. Her name is Masha Andrianova. She felt love for Motherland of her ancestors and after graduating Atelier Chardon Savard she decided move to Russia and start own brand. Her concept is remembering of Russian traditional costume and her main inspiration are Karelia and Russian North. I like her a lot cause you can feel her passion and how much effort and research she put in it.

all photos were taken with Masha's permission from her instagram @mashaandrianov
    «Страдания жизни неразумной приводят к сознанию необходимости разумной жизни.»
    Лев Николаевич Толстой
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

interesting, would love to see more.........
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Geoffrey B. Small
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by zamb View Post
      interesting, would love to see more.........
      Agreed. There is so much cold-war politics and wall-building these days, I wonder how people with passion for the metier can carry on with all the sanctions and economic blockading of recent years. I have heard about and met other designers (pre Covid) working in the Russian Federation who talked about being forced into self-sufficiency in all aspects of their economy, and that quite a bit of skill-sets and factory production capacity is still there (unlike most of the West). From the images, it looks like there are some nice techniques in her details. God bless anybody who can still make something on their own in this world, wherever they are.

Comment

• mne
        • Mar 2016

If Uma Wang was Russian ;)

Comment

• zamb
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Geoffrey B. Small View Post
          Agreed. There is so much cold-war politics and wall-building these days, I wonder how people with passion for the metier can carry on with all the sanctions and economic blockading of recent years. I have heard about and met other designers (pre Covid) working in the Russian Federation who talked about being forced into self-sufficiency in all aspects of their economy, and that quite a bit of skill-sets and factory production capacity is still there (unlike most of the West). From the images, it looks like there are some nice techniques in her details. God bless anybody who can still make something on their own in this world, wherever they are.
          what I find is that people who want to make things will find a way to get it done.
          i was telling a few employees this morning that when i was learning as a young man very few people "taught" me anything.
          i observed keenly, i soaked up information from watching what others did, and where i didnt know what to do I "invented techniques" to accomplish my objectives
          I think with disruptions in supply chains and lack of access to outside resources, only true technician are able 9at least in the short tern) execute collections and products in these times..........

hope you and the team are well GBS, and been reading your thread but not posting there because I dont want to mess up the flow of it
          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Bodique
            • Mar 2012

Thank you for kind words! I asked Masha to join our conversation so hopefully when she'll got free time she'll tell us more about herself, her philosophy and concerns. By the way she's got impressive collection of antique traditional costume pieces so maybe she'll tell more about it and how it inspires her.

I should admit that I adore her embroidery cause I guess this patterns are in our blood so it activates something that hidden deep inside.

Last edited by Bodique; 09-09-2021, 02:51 AM.
            «Страдания жизни неразумной приводят к сознанию необходимости разумной жизни.»
            Лев Николаевич Толстой

Comment

• Geoffrey B. Small
              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by mne View Post
              If Uma Wang was Russian ;)
              Sorry, I don't understand what you are trying to say about this... What does Uma Wang have to do with Masha Andrianova?

Comment

• mne
                • Mar 2016

Maybe I should have phrased it differently - I like it, and somehow it reminded me of Uma Wang's collections.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎