Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lumina
    • Dec 2009

Yahoo is even worse. Between searching Yohji Yamamoto in katakana and in romanji, plus the categories where some items have his name spelled wrong or things like that, browsing everything can take hours

By the way, it might be obvious but is there a way to see only the last items added, like on ebay ? I know how to look the ones ending in 6 days or something, but sometimes the auction is shorter.

Comment

• Torchiere
      • May 2009

I sometimes just apply the filter on the left and check "NEW"... but I don't know if everything newly listed is categorized as NEW though.

Comment

• Lumina
        • Dec 2009

When I tried I had the feeling that there weren't some of the new items I discovered when browsing everything Thanks anyway !

Comment

• dji
          • Feb 2008

this thing is fucking heavy.

Comment

• stadsvandringar
            • Aug 2008

Browsing yohji on y! japan is an art form, mainly because there is so much of it. Aside from a simple katakana search, you can also do a categorical search by brand, which can then be further broken down into categories like shirts, jackets, pants, etc. Within the categorical search you can also narrow it down. For example, you can type in something like 09-10 if you want that collection. It works, but only if the seller labels it in the title.

To do a categorical search, look on the left hand side of the y! japan homepage. Those are the categories. Click on ブランド別, which is a search by brands. If you look under ら、わ行, you'll see a listing for Y's, ヨウジヤマモト. That's the Yohji Yamamoto listing. You'll likely want to narrow it down to men's clothing from there (男性用) or women's (女性用). There are a bit more steps involved, but it's another away to vary your results. And this of course works for other brands too.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by dji View Post
              this thing is fucking awesome.
              Fixed!
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• asho
                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                How do you guys search for Yohji on Ebay? It's full of that Y-3 shit.
                i do "yohji yamamoto -y3 -y-3" not much gets through

sometimes to "comme des garcons -play" too

Comment

• Tyro
                  • Nov 2008

Last edited by Tyro; 12-14-2010, 05:07 AM.

Comment

• chameleon
                    • Jun 2008

Originally posted by asho View Post
                    i do "yohji yamamoto -y3 -y-3" not much gets through
                    yeah, this is what I do too -- though I usually only search "yamamoto -y-3 -y3". at least on german ebay, yohji sometimes gets misspelled as "yoshi" and other variations... (a misspelled title is likely why i won the pants in wires new purchase for $80.... )

for y! i just look through the yohj categories (Y's, ヨウジヤマモト 男性用), never bother to do a search. titles are labeled so differently so it's almost impossible to narrow stuff down by searching and not miss out on a ton. patience is all it takes -- but a load of it!

and congrats to wire for a fantastic purchase!
                    Last edited by chameleon; 07-19-2010, 02:39 AM.

Comment

• chameleon
                      • Jun 2008

YY

my recent

AW00 wool gabardine mao collared jacket
                      SS09 linen/cotton pants
                      SS04 light wool gabardine wide waist string pants
                      SS10 green tube cotton scarf (gift)

Comment

• Buckwheat
                        • Sep 2006

nice jacket both chameleon and wire. Good job finding that wool/silk jacket wire. The materials are heaven.

Comment

• droogist
                          • Sep 2006

Is SZ having a collective Yohji moment?
                          Originally posted by rider View Post
                          droogist, so late to the party but no matter, the twisted comme are worth the wait. never saw the skirt version, very curious about it. if the yohji picture is a close representation of the actual suit, it looks to be a beautiful garment.
                          The skirt actually isn't one of the twisty pieces - I called it "matching" because it's of the same knit as the sweater. It's a massive voluminous thing and weighs a ton:

Originally posted by wire.artist
                          I usually love those yohji dresses made with overcoat grade fabric, but I always end up thinking that they might be unpractical, although ubersexy because of the confrontation of the highly protective fabric and the bare parts, usually the shoulders or the back.
                          I fully agree, although my suit provides rather more coverage than the one in the picture.

Abysmal fit pic...unfortunately I wasn't able to coax anything better out of my wretched camera (and couldn't manage an intelligible pic of the CdG stuff at all - too dark):

Last edited by droogist; 07-18-2010, 06:40 PM.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

/\ sick.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Lumina
                              • Dec 2009

Gorgeous

Comment

• Avantster
                                ¤¤¤
                                • Sep 2006

Excellent purchase droogist, I like the juxtaposition between the heavy serious fabric and the way it drapes around the body - the open yukata-like shawl collar, dropped shoulders enhanced by the fabric lines, and nipped waist. How does the jacket close?

Originally posted by droogist View Post
                                Is SZ having a collective Yohji moment?
                                Something's in the air.

I recently picked up this grey wool tweed suit from FW '05, something I've always wanted but never thought I'd find - still looking for obi/cummerbund.

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎