Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DmD
    • Jul 2010

Beautiful LUC shirt, Acid. There is a subtlety and ease to this design and stitching that his new "signals" line lacks in my opinion.

Is it just the photo, or is the shirt dyed with a slight fade? What season is this from?

Comment

• smash
      • Jan 2010

Obscur

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

Awesome PH buys guys!!

A big thanks to Scott at IF... was lucky enough to get the 4 button New Blazer in the "denim-y" crumpled wool. I think its the same wool as yours ABS. Great handfeel and weight.

I would have loved to own the heavy gray tweed one as well, but that will have to be another time.
        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• kompressorkev
          • Dec 2006

great PH buys everyone! that LUC shirt looks amazing, too.

it took me forever to sell my PH 5-button jacket for a little over $200 if i remember rightly, but it had a little blemish and it was light cream..retail they're out of my reach but i wouldn't mind having one again if anyone gets bored of their crumpled 5-button jacket..

Stranger's Reaction to my PH jacket a little while back in Cambridge at a late-night food truck: "whoa, is that like an old suit jacket?"

Comment

• MikeN
            • Nov 2007

Pics please Albert!

It's so funny that Paul Harnden really seems to be the zeitgeist of stylezeitgeist right now. It was like something clicked and everyone started copping within a month. Though not to say that plenty of people didn't buy it before. It's like when a bunch of girls start living together and they all get their periods at the same time.

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
              • Mar 2007

LUC shirt

Originally posted by DmD View Post
              Beautiful LUC shirt, Acid. There is a subtlety and ease to this design and stitching that his new "signals" line lacks in my opinion.

Is it just the photo, or is the shirt dyed with a slight fade? What season is this from?
              DmD, it's not so much a deliberate fade, but a subtle unevenness from the dyeing process.

It's from AW10-11.
              Last edited by Acid, Bitter and Sad; 10-11-2010, 10:11 PM. Reason: added info

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by MikeNouveau View Post
                Pics please Albert!

It's so funny that Paul Harnden really seems to be the zeitgeist of stylezeitgeist right now. It was like something clicked
                and everyone started copping within a month. Though not to say that plenty of people didn't buy it before. It's like when a bunch of girls start living together and they all get their periods at the same time.
                someone should sig this
                “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

A few quick shots for you Mike! I just have it hanging on a rack in the studio at this point... the weather hasn't gotten cold enough yet to actually rock it.

I think its the same fabric as ABS'... I was waffling between this one and the heavy dense tweed. I figured in the end, this one would be the classic that I'd wear a lot more in the end since it's sort of a medium weight.

Sorry images are large :(

I certainly won't be going full-on Harnden, but his jackets are nice and classic-with-a-change-of-pace so it was something that I felt would go well with my ever-more monochrome wardrobe hehehe

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                    • Mar 2007

ph

Albert, nice pickup
                    I believe I've tried on your piece at IF...a size too large on me.
                    It's the same fabric as the one i've got...I went with the Black over the Tweed because i felt it accords me more versatility. Also, the darker fabric tone fits better with the rest of my wardrobe.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Acid, Bitter and Sad View Post
                      Albert, nice pickup
                      I believe I've tried on your piece at IF...a size too large on me.
                      It's the same fabric as the one i've got. I went with these over the tweed because i felt it accords me more versatility. Also, the darker fabric tone fits better with the rest of my wardrobe.

Hell yeah. Agreed on all points Y :) I really can't wait for it to get cold to bust this bad boy out. I think it's the perfect jacket that can be thrown on without much thought.

Comment

• theaddict
                        • Apr 2008

I think the moment I got hooked with PH was when I saw the pic of this Asian girl in Paris who was wearing a black PH blazer over a white T...I think it was the gf of jetlag or another Paris member...that look was so simple yet striking I instantly wanted onE for myself...
                        Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• eton97
                          • Dec 2008

Albert, Y and Mike - great buys all round!!! - a plain black is the one thing missing from my PH colelction....I am going on the hunt....

ps i was going out in my tweed classic in the late english summer weather - sweating like a pig, but just couldn't wait to wear it....
                          you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• JetLag
                            • Jul 2008

She is indeed. Korean affinity I guess ^^
                            And here she is (with her authorization) in her new PH dress. Unfortunately we had to give up these awesome Guidi boots...
                            photo-1
                            Originally posted by danman
                            If I could meet you in person I'd fuck you up and steal your PH you bitch. Fuck you and your site

Comment

• eton97
                              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by wire.artist
                              I'm very happy about PH getting all this attention.....I know it's a difficult stuff to wear, but its a sweet risk to take
                              ....i actually find PH one of the easiest designers to wear.
                              Agreed his trousers take a bit of getting used to, but his blazers are the most versatile pieces in my wardrobe by a long stretch - And the cut of the blazers are far more tailored and easy to wear vs versions from 4yrs+ ago.
                              They can be worn just with t-shirt and jeans, or dressed up for work.....They are understated yet incredibly unique in their shape, cut and cloth.
                              I find myself reaching for my PH blazers more than any MA+, LUC or CCP piece.
                              And re the 'risk', I find this a far lower risk considering the timeless cut of the PH blazers vs the more edgy designers where a current piece can feel sort of dated 1 or 2 seasons later.....
                              you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• bestial
                                • Jun 2008

Originally posted by theaddict View Post
                                I think the moment I got hooked with PH was when I saw the pic of this Asian girl in Paris who was wearing a black PH blazer over a white T...I think it was the gf of jetlag or another Paris member...that look was so simple yet striking I instantly wanted onE for myself...
                                you and me both, cross dressers unite!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎