• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by rider View Post
    What I've noticed in some posts is that I think spending money on home furnishings instead of clothes is important.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• voltbird
      • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Rick-A-Doodle View Post
      Is the brand synergy score too low?
      Ha! I'm with byhand on this one. Great username, by the way... if you likewise grew up with Don Bluth movies.

Comment

• Rick-A-Doodle
        • Oct 2014

Originally posted by ADreamofBlue View Post
        Rick-A-Doodle - I don't know if it's the way you're posing, but the jacket seems a bit... small? It seems to hit at your waist, but it looks tough to zip up.
        Must be the pose, because it's a 54 and a little roomie in the body. But it zips up fine!
        And the boots are identical to a lot of Rick combat boots, but I got them for $50 bucks at a sale.

Comment

• scanner
          • Mar 2015

Removed for POS fit :-\
          Last edited by scanner; 12-16-2015, 01:47 AM.

Comment

• Rick-A-Doodle
            • Oct 2014

I only wore this to HEB as most of the day was spent riding, but it still counts... right? Hopefully the synergy is high this time.

Rick jumpsuit SS14, Rick laceless hikers FW14.

Comment

• Carcass
              • May 2010

^FUCK YEAH HEB

Comment

• fncyths
                • Apr 2010

Hopefully the synergy is high this time.

Originally posted by Shucks
                it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
                Originally posted by interest1
                I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• Defender
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2015

Rick jumpsuit SS14, Rick laceless hikers FW14.
                  Honestly, if you just google "Rick Owens Jumpsuit" you'll see how it's supposed to be worn, and it's not with shoes like that.

There is meant to be a gap between footwear and the jumpsuit, unless it's the knitted one from Sphinx, and even then it only doesn't have the gap because of the slender, high-leg sneaker/boot it's paired with. Even if you're going for the Moody jumpsuit look, even though this one is the summer weight jumpsuit, those shoes are still not a match for that aesthetic b/c they don't go all the way up under the jumpsuit to the knees.

Without the gap you look very small and frumpy, even though you aren't.

Also, $50 Mark Jacobs combat boots are not "identical" to Rick Owens combat boots, no matter how much you want that to be true.
                  Last edited by Defender; 12-08-2015, 03:39 PM.

Comment

• Nickefuge
                    • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Defender View Post
                    how it's supposed to be worn
                    I didn’t know clothes came with an instruction.
                    "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                    -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Defender
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
                      I didn’t know clothes came with an instruction.
                      Really? Well, now you do. They have fashion shows for a reason...to express the vision of the designer. Deviation is fine, if it looks good, but that's a big if, and in this case it doesn't.

Comment

• GucciAmen
                        • Sep 2014

Really? Well, now you do. They have fashion shows for a reason...to express the vision of the designer. Deviation is fine, if it looks good, but that's a big if, and in this case it doesn't.
                        The vision of the designer shouldn't override the vision of the wearer; what you're recommending takes out the individual's creativity in how he/she dresses. Your idea - if I understand you correctly - is essentially sticking to "off the runway" looks that say more about the designer and very little about the wearer -- which in my opinion is wrong (consumerism/uninspired).

Nice fit rick-a-doodle, I think the bigger footwear you chose work because they balance out your broad(er) shoulders (if this was on a person who had a smaller frame, I don't think it would look very nice).

Comment

• Defender
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2015

Originally posted by GucciAmen View Post
                          The vision of the designer shouldn't override the vision of the wearer; what you're recommending takes out the individual's creativity in how he/she dresses. Your idea - if I understand you correctly - is essentially sticking to "off the runway" looks that say more about the designer and very little about the wearer -- which in my opinion is wrong (consumerism/uninspired).
                          I'll say it again because you guys seem to need everything pointed out multiple times before understanding: Deviation is fine, if it looks good, but that's a big if, and in this case it doesn't.

Literally go to google and search rick owens jumpsuit and you'll see many people wearing this jumpsuit, looking good, and almost all of them will be wearing lower shoes, like Island Dunks, and a few will have full Moody elephant leg boots.

This one is very simple. I can't believe this discussion is even happening. It has even come up before for this jumpsuit.

Comment

• Nickefuge
                            • Nov 2014

They have fashion shows for a reason...to express the vision of the designer.
                            I don’t think you got what Rick is about.

EDIT: Your critique of his fit was legitimate, but your argument wasn’t, at least to me.
                            It reads like you’re confusing fashion with cosplay.
                            "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                            -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Gatsu
                              • Jul 2015

I disagree with your statement. Fashion shows aren't meant to instruct you to wear your clothes in a certain way, as far as i know, it's a way to present what the designers have created and a way to see progress (don't know if thats the right word for it) from the last collection. In my opinion, you can wear the clothes you buy however the hell you want, you show off the designers vision in your own way, and that must be somewhat exciting for the designer too right? (Depending on the designer of course) For a designer to see her/his vision presented in different ways, there is no big if. Personally i like Rick-a-doodles look more than the instructed gap between footwear and jumpsuit look.

Comment

• bukka
                                • Sep 2011

Dude is be trolling around for some time now, I shall recommend the fantastic "ignore" option available on the User CP.
                                Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎