Page 12 of 2414 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122621125121012 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you wearing today?

Default Re: What are you wearing today?

Lol, droogist, those are exactly the boots that I wanted. Are they even made anymore? I never see any tall ones. Sounds like a beautiful outfit.</p>

Faust, we are moving to West Chelsea, exactly one block up from CDG. [:P] You are right about the books though--I think we are going to have about 40 boxes of them. [:S] </p>

Thanks for the good wishes for the move everyone...it&#39;s happening in about a week. Keeping my fingers crossed against any disasters.</p>

</p>
    ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

[quote user=&quot;laika&quot;]

Lol, droogist, those are exactly the boots that
    I wanted. Are they even made anymore? I never see any tall
    ones. Sounds like a beautiful outfit.</p>

Faust, we are moving to West Chelsea, exactly one block up from CDG. [:P] You are right about the books though--I think we are going to have about 40 boxes of them. [:S] </p>

Thanks
    for the good wishes for the move everyone...it&#39;s happening in about a
    week. Keeping my fingers crossed against any disasters.</p>

</p>

[/quote]</p>

Oh,
    boy, there goes your rent money! It&#39;s a cool area, but are you
    not worried about it becoming a war zone for a couple of years until
    all the construction is finished?</p>
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

</p>

not the best picture... the fit of the shirt is actually much better. but this is what i&#39;ve been living in the past few days trying to get some studying in.</p>

cdiem dark purple/black leather shirt (thanks again agent l)

loopwheeler swiss cotton l/s pocket shirt

45rpm sorahiko overdyes

</p>

Quote:

Oh,

</p>

</p>

Do you mean the High Line? That was actually part of our motivation for moving to the neighborhood. We are closer to 10th than to 11th, so I don&#39;t think the construction will be too problematic. It is a cool neighborhood, and it will be fantastic to be in the midst of the galleries. But mostly I am excited about the space. So many areas in the city have become claustrophobic and cloying, and are consequently very undesirable to me. It&#39;s so wide and empty and quiet down there, even on the weekends. BTW, where do you live? </p>

coldrice, the shirt looks very, very good. </p>
    ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

-Jil Sander shawl collar sweater</p>

-Cloak shirt</p>

-Dior jeans, shoes, and brass square buckle belt (F/W 05)</p>

</p>

</p>

Julius reversed ram riders jacket

Soe double-knit wool scarf

Hanes T

Lad Musician skinny jeans (Not shown)

Julius engineer boots (Not shown)

[quote user=&quot;laika&quot;]Quote:

Oh,

</p>

</p>

Do you mean the High Line? That was actually part of our motivation for moving to the neighborhood. We are closer to 10th than to 11th, so I don&#39;t think the construction will be too problematic. It is a cool neighborhood, and it will be fantastic to be in the midst of the galleries. But mostly I am excited about the space. So many areas in the city have become claustrophobic and cloying, and are consequently very undesirable to me. It&#39;s so wide and empty and quiet down there, even on the weekends. BTW, where do you live? </p>

coldrice, the shirt looks very, very good. </p>

[/quote]</p>

Yes, I meant the High Line. Oh, did you get into those beautiful buildings that take up the whole block between 10th and 9th?! Those are desirable. I live in the boonies, unfortunately, south Brooklyn. There are some compelling reasons to stay there for now (such as grandparents = priceless, and cheap rent for a spacious place, ability to have a car, 5 min from the beach, etc. etc.). We may move in a year or two to a nicer neighborhood when it&#39;s time for our daughter to go to pre-K; not to the city though, too expensive - we&#39;d probably move to Carroll Gardens.</p>

On topic: DjRajio, looking good - love the scarf (a bit hard to see the jacket, the scarf overpowers it). Casem, a shawl collared sweater is on my to buy list, I love them.
    </p>

Today (hope to take pix tonight) - piping theme.</p>

Plum wool/silk/cotton/linen short coat with black piping down the lapels and button line - LMaltieri</p>

Black worsted wool scarf - Jil Sander (gotta love her quality)</p>

Chocolate brown wool knit v-neck sweater with acquamarine piping on the inside of the arms and down the sides - Dries van Noten</p>

Dark navy (almost black) wool dress pants with piping and pinstripe effect created by a shade lighter thread(!) - Poell</p>

Black distressed zippered boots - Ann Dem</p>

Black canvas/leather messenger bag with bondage closures - Helmut Lang.</p>

Well, that was a mouthful!
    </p>

</p>

</p>
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Yes, those buildings. [:$] Right next door to the supremely classy &quot;Privilege Gentleman&#39;s Cabaret&quot; and the even less prepossessing &quot;Chelsea Inn,&quot; which is clearly associated with the former. Brooklyn sounds nice--how lucky you are to have your grandparents close by.</p>

djrajio--that scarf looks great! I would love to see a close-up.</p>

Faust--that is a mouthful indeed, sounds very impressive. I love the color combo.</p>

Feeling kind of romantic today:</p>

Black wool &quot;twist&quot; skirt with wide ruffled hem--Anne Valerie Hash</p>

White cotton blouse with cream ties/strings--Ann Dem</p>

Black silk ballet sweater--same as before
    </p>

Black opaque tights</p>

Black ballet flats with silver detail--Costume National</p>

</p>

[quote user=&quot;laika&quot;]

Yes, those buildings. [:$] Right next door to the supremely classy &quot;Privilege Gentleman&#39;s Cabaret&quot; and the even less prepossessing &quot;Chelsea Inn,&quot; which is clearly associated with the former. Brooklyn sounds nice--how lucky you are to have your grandparents close by.</p>

djrajio--that scarf looks great! I would love to see a close-up.</p>

Faust--that is a mouthful indeed, sounds very impressive. I love the color combo.</p>

Feeling kind of romantic today:</p>

Black wool &quot;twist&quot; skirt with wide ruffled hem--Anne Valerie Hash</p>

White cotton blouse with cream ties/strings--Ann Dem</p>

Black silk ballet sweater--same as before
    </p>

Black opaque tights</p>

Black ballet flats with silver detail--Costume National</p>

</p>

[/quote]</p>

Sounds romantic [U]</p>

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

coldrice - very nice shirt</p>

casem - love the sweater too</p>

djrajio - great chunky scarf...can&#39;t wait to wear mine too but it&#39;s still warm here</p>

laika - sounds so lovely with the skirt and blouse</p>

faust - waiting for your pic</p>

Today for me,</p>

White under T</p>

Grey l/s shirt with shadow stripes - Cloak</p>

Dark blue roomy cotton pants - Y&#39;s</p>

and vintage brown wingtips</p>

Yea, the shawl collar sweater is great, it&#39;s amazing how much warmer the collar makes it, very cozy. </p>

I like how everyone mixes and matches designers so well. I like the scar as well djrajio, I like how you kept everything else simple and made it the focus. I know it was a little while ago, but I can&#39;t get over how nice that Margiela suede jacket is Faust, it fits perfectly.</p>

I&#39;m quite the mish mash today:</p>

-Prada dipped wool/alpaca sweater</p>

-helmut lang black shirt</p>

-Dior &quot;The End&quot; tee, I know it&#39;s a bit cheesy but I like a little writing poking out under my shirts.</p>

-Diesel Belt</p>

-Dior jeans and sneakers</p>

-Jil Sander blazer</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

great fits case. that blazer fits you perfectly.

I&#39;m afraid I do not wear too expensive and fancyclothes at the moment. hope it can inspire you anyways.</p>

own made tee. acne black long-sleeved shirt under</p>

noname boots, pants n scarf</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

Love the outfit Nambla. I&#39;ve been going Jil Sander crazy lately.</p>

-Jil Sander wool/cashmere sweater (soooo comfy)</p>

-Jil Sander wool/cotton pants (not quite as shiny as the pic looks)</p>

-black Miu Miu ankle boots</p>

</p>

[quote user=&quot;nambla&quot;]

I&#39;m afraid I do not wear too expensive and fancyclothes at the moment. hope it can inspire you anyways.</p>

[/quote]</p>

Do worry about &quot;who&quot; you wear but how your wear it. I&#39;ve seen many a man in expensive duds that still looked like total shit. Plus, any person that is a &quot;creator&quot; rather than just a &quot;consumer&quot; is a better, more interesting person in my book. People think fashion is all about wearing the latest labels/hottest designers but its really about cultivating your own personal style /a creation process through inspiration.</p>

i agree. it&#39;s really refreshing to see people making their own shit, especially when it&#39;s done as well as you&#39;re doing it. i like seeing this stuff more than seeing people in expensive, fancy clothes. i myself am looking into getting into the processing aspect - dyeing and other treatments.. and some leatherworking. so hopefully i actually pick it up and start making things. would like to relearn the sewing machine too... </p>

</p>

i like the purple by the way</p>

Thank you very much, all of you. The processing of clothes is the most difficult part I think. I haven&#39;t even begun to think about such matter regarding my own made clothes although its a very important thing. especially if you are into vintage looks likepoell Cdiem are into. I want to find a trousermaterial that are black but that i can treat so they look really really old. Like grey-fading. don&#39;t know how to pull that off though.. sigh</p>

</p>

xavier delcour jacket http://www.xavierdelcour.com/pict%20.../A38G3860.html</p>

black beat-up high neck</p>

dior homme vintage distressedjeans http://www.dogoo.cn/Brand/show/h001/...4061610435.jpg</p>

black premiata pointy-toed ankle boots</p>

</p>

srry no pic of me wearing them, will do that soon</p>

cheers</p>

I&#39;d also like to add, nambla, that not wearing &quot;fancy&quot; clothes is nothing to feel self-conscious about. It&#39;s even better that you can make your own.</p>

</p>

Today (GOING TO THEATER!!!!!!!!)</p>

Same short plum coat - LMaltieri</p>

Sky blue wool cardigan - Dries van Noten</p>

Black tee - 2xist</p>

Black skinny wool pants with belt - Raf Simons</p>

THE boots (pants will be tucked in once I leave the office :-))- Ann Dem
    </p>

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

New to the forum... but I see some familiar names...
    </p>

Today...</p>

</p>

Raf Simons</p>

DH</p>

Vans</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>