Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • seenmy
    • May 2009

coat was too good to have only worn to a funeral so I dug it out for a more positive outing

ccp self edge
    luc
    ccp
    ccp

Comment

• hommedeguerre
      • Jun 2009

Patroklus: Best post ever. As for my hair...I hate it...it's in grow-out mode....give me a year. Going to the seenmy steeze.
      Le 21ème

Comment

• AKA*NYC
        • Nov 2007

^ great post indeed. it's refreshing to see thoughtful and well-worded criticism dispensed in this thread rather than the typical backhanded remarks and off the cuff sucker punches.
        LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Why should we give constructive criticism to someone who is just passing through here on the way to buying into some new trend?
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• CHRIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2006

because people tend to evolve

and we should make the world a better [dressed] place

Comment

• several_girls
              • Nov 2010

I think at this level (the stylezeitgeist level) it's really meaningless to say some people here are buying into trends and others are not. We all buy what we like and it's all been produced within the last 15-20 years. That makes us all trend-hoppers on some level.

Except for merz (and rilu?), who we all know like to mix in the antique and vintage.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

/\ hahaha. on a serious note, that picture is deeply disconcerting :(
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• hommedeguerre
                  • Jun 2009

I've never asked for anyone's praise or approval here. I simply post photos as I enjoy the inspiration I get by seeing all of the other members photos. I have no doubt that I will never be on your good side, Eugene. I just can't seem to figure out how I got on your bad side, however. I'm not losing sleep over it, though. It's just a shame to me that you have to be so closed minded towards me and hold a grudge for god knows what. Everyone I've met from this forum, who knows me in a non-digital medium likes me just fine. I guess my cyber presence is extremely off putting and upsetting. I'm sorry for the digital visual havoc I've wreaked. Perhaps I'm not able to contribute to the forum in a way you desire to the T, however, I post as pleased me, and aside from merz and yourself, I don't thing I'm pissing too many others off.

If you are a member aside from merz and Faust, and you feel that my posts are destroying this forum, please let me know. I'll gladly stop if it's offending the masses!!

Happy New Year, SZ
                  Le 21ème

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

Adam

Just relax man, youre cool, I don't think you should owrry about this too much an if you know Faust you know your not on his bad side, aside from what merz has said i think a part of it is the idea that you approach fashion from a "Consumerist" and trendy mindset than anything else. In part because of how often you sell stuff you buy,

not that its any of my business of do i need to speak for Faust, I think he is quite capable of doing that better than I can.

i think if anything, Eugene is to be respected for his severe honesty, its way better than thinking one thing in ones mind but publicly saying another.......

well..........see what one belt can do?
                    work as a plaited whip too

Anyways, i was thinking about you today and said to myself that I admire your dedication to OV Jeans.....
                    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• CHRIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2006

HIGH SCHOOL NEVER ENDS

Comment

• hommedeguerre
                        • Jun 2009

We are all consumers though, right? That is the issue I have with the "flak" being directed towards me. We ALL buy and sell like madmen on here. Some (me) more publicly than others. I would say that 80% of what I sell on here is due to 1: my rapid weight loss last year 2: my disgust with the mainstreaming of Rick Owens 3: Pieces simply not fitting me like I expected them would, whether through seller measurements, fabric weight, etc. Also, sometimes I buy things with the best intention of wearing it...often with the desire to become more adventurous and try new things, as many of us do. I do make impulsive purchases. We all do. I have, only recently, come to the realization of what MY actual aesthetic is. I have made "adventurous" purchases, only to realize those purchases are not me. I never buy things simply to "have" them, as what I would expect a consumer would do. As soon as I realized that I have something I purchased with the intention of wearing, but it's not getting any mileage...onto the classifieds it goes. My purges, however, are regarded as frivolous, and fickle-minded. What happens when Mike Nouveau or AKA*NYC load up their grails on the classifieds? No one says a word. Are they too not consumers? When a new user posts something slightly akward in WAYWT, they get constructive criticism most of the time, vs flames. What it comes down to: I don't really CARE. I just don't get WHY the vast majority of the attention directed towards me is negative. I cannot think of ONE time I've come on here and directed any negative posts towards anyone. Digital-Karma...please! I'm here to LEARN, and I have been here a long time, and learned a LOT. Honestly, a LOT. My knowledge of textiles, leathers, dying processes, manufacturing, media, culture, literature, and even my own "art" photography has grown so much just from being here. Sure, maybe I wasn't one of the first members...I was stuck back on SuFu like we all used to be, "kopping Gellerz and other jawnz" or whatever BS that was. I can't change that, but I feel like I've been here long enough, and evolved enough to get a LITTLE bit of respect from the people who I look upon here as being the foundation of this forum. Or...maybe I'm just crazy.
                        Le 21ème

Comment

• MikeN
                          • Nov 2007

Oh don't you go dragging me into this mess. Also, I've never sold (nor have I been accused of AFAIK) any grails at all, let alone en-masse. I'm usually accused of buying a lot of the same designers, which I'm fine with. Hell, half the shit (or more) that I sell on classifieds isn't even mine, friends just give it to me to sell.

Comment

• CHRIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2006

honestly, just be happy with yourself and what you've gained from this forum. people will always find reasons to be assholes; jealousy, insecurity, boredom, whatever. you'll never know the true reason as to why they are the way they are. hell, some people probably don't even recognize it in themselves. you might as well attribute it to one (or all) of the above and move along. you can't always change other people's opinions of you, and you shouldn't have to try. just change your opinion of them.

*hands out baggies of crushed valium*

Comment

• Fuuma
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by CHRIS View Post

HIGH SCHOOL NEVER ENDS
                              Shopping sprees never end!

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                              http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Fuuma
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by seenmy View Post
                                coat was too good to have only worn to a funeral so I dug it out for a more positive outing

ccp self edge
                                luc
                                ccp
                                ccp
                                BTW didn't this guy go from Visvim+Junya+Nikes to a CCP/LUC structured hobo look in a matter of months? Time for another round of "you're not authentic enough to wear luxury brands for bobo-creative professions", a game so violent that if egos could bleed, the streets would be awash with blood.
                                Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                                http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎