X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shucks
    • Aug 2010

Originally posted by cowsareforeating View Post
    ^ i think the problem here is that you will ONLY be perceived as someone making a fashion statement. and not anything else

who gives a shit what some random person thinks - you guys included... any statement i make with clothing is more about communicating with myself than with anyone else. i thought it looked cool, and that's good enough reason for me.

Comment

• Urthwhyte
      • Oct 2011

^ Bud 9 of Janteloven showing right there

Comment

• cowsareforeating
        • Jan 2011

shucks that wasn't directed at you, was a response to endorphinz :P

you look sick as hell.

Comment

• zamb
          • Nov 2006

while I wouldn't wear a skirt, nor would i design one for someone else to wear. the idea of being uncomfortable in a skirt, or skirt for women/ pants for men is a purely western thing. there are a lot of other cultures and time period where this is perfectly appropriate................

that being said I am not necessarily defending men wearing skirts..........
          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Urthwhyte
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by rilu
            ^ i didn't know that was a quote :p but in any case, i can't see why it'd apply to anyone here :-/
            He's being facetious and laying it into Shucks

Comment

• endorphinz
              Banned
              • Jun 2009

just curious if anyone is being completely honest when they say
              'i don't give a fuck bout what anyone thinks. i dress for me'

i mean if you knew that everyone you were sexually attracted to hated your style and,in fact,found it a total turn off, would you then begin to care? celibacy is a high price to pay for being true to thine self.

just sayin

yeah I know... if they don't dig me the way I am then i really can't be attracted to them..... and fuck them too

Comment

• cjbreed
                • Feb 2009

i give a fuck what my wife thinks because if she hates it then i have to deal with her shit all the time. and i give a fuck what potential clients think because i'm trying to take their money. to kop more fashunz.

if i were single i would definitely care what women think. not every nite is the nite to find your soulmate that loves and accepts you for you. its no fun to be the best dressed guy sittin at the computer jerkin it
                dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• kunk75
                  Banned
                  • May 2008

funny, i am in the new neighborhood a week and have had like 7 neighbors of all ages, sexual preferences, etc. compliment me on the weird shit i wear

Comment

• endorphinz
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2009

my point exactly cj.... and care about is such a nebulous phrase ;)

Comment

• zamb
                      • Nov 2006

Its really a very immature position to take to say "i don't give a sh**t what people think". of course one dresses for themselves, and this really isn't about sex or sexuality. we have to exist in this world as social being and what we wear will and does affect our relationship to others...............of course one should never be so concerned as to lose ones individuality and personal [preference, but still whether we like it or not, the opinions and concerns of others will............and I would go as far as to say should affect the choices we make

Comment

• Shucks
                        • Aug 2010

keyword is "random" in the phrase "random people". my gf bugs me all the time about what i wear (still get laid...) and sometimes i listen and i don't wear stuff that pisses my folks off when i go visit them. then what some random dudes online think is really not my main concern (and endorphinz and marco are def. random) and me getting up in someones face irl is usually because of them totally crossing a line more to do with respect than taste. no point fightin on the internetz - i'm done.

Comment

• jogu
                          • Jun 2009

i dont see why someones clothes has to always be about tryin to pull someone and not just becos that person likes it . when i read thru some a the comments here i get the feelin that ur gfs / wives are mostly opposite from you re : how u both dress and that the ppl u mite turn off would rather date someone who looked more mainstream instead . i know alot more ppl in my circles of friends that vastly prefer someone who dresses the way i do or if not into the exact same clothes at least be into high fashion in some way . when im visitin them at their jobs and some boys roll up wearin like armani sexchange or even hollister , after they leave my friends are like " ew no i dont do preppy "

Comment

• Patroklus
                            Banned
                            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                            but still whether we like it or not, the opinions and concerns of others will............and I would go as far as to say should affect the choices we make
                            I'm not following you here. Why should their opinions and concerns affect the choices I make in regards to the clothing that I wear?

Comment

• beardown
                              rekoner
                              • Feb 2009

Endorphinz,

If it's the average American woman you're trying to impress, might I suggest some Ed Hardy t-shirts, some weathered, whiskered True Religion jeans, a comfortable pair of Affliction bootz and let yourself be heard!

Let's not trot off too far into hyperbole here. We're not peacocks strutting our feathers around exactly. I'm sure there's some kind of connection between that ritual and dressing but let's be reasonable.

I'd prefer that a girl be turned off by what a wear because it tells me that she may be judgmental and small minded. With what people wear, it's probably more of a defense than an offense. Like, 'If you see me and are attracted to me while I'm in a skirt, just think how much you'll like me when you see me in pantaloons."

You know, if you can get past the exterior, there's a real interior here that you will enjoy. But first you have to pass the very basic test of not being a typical middle-American female.
                              Originally posted by mizzar
                              Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• zamb
                                • Nov 2006

Shucks

even tough I wouldn't wear your skirt, I understand perfectly what you are saying, and I agree. when I attend Church on the weekend, I usually don't wear the kind of stuff I wear everyday. its not that I am afraid to offend, but in a way for me its just not worth the effort of the discussion.......
                                My wife is the complete opposite of me, super conservative with respect to dressing, but she doesn't bother me with my dressing..............used to in the beginning but has come to realize I am better left alone.......... had a throw down with the mother in law about similar thing in the summer of last year, but now she knows Its better to leave me alone too................

however, when I know I'm gonna visit I do try to find a happy medium, as i said, for me it isn't something to lose sleep over. one of the reasons why I love New York and live here is because it allows me to do what I want without some idiot without any reasonable basis for their argument bothering me about aspects of my life that bears no relation to theirs
                                Last edited by zamb; 01-05-2012, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎