Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MetroBulotDodo
    • Oct 2010

Uncontrol: perhaps too many incoherent details that take the look over the top. Subtract rather than add.

Endorphinz: Perhaps he gets the Most Improved Player award this year? Nice fits recently.

Sorry about the photographic blitzkrieg, but it appears to be spring. I'm waiting to be disabused of this at any moment.

Maison Martin Margiela Line 4 (Replica Line) Tuxedo Shirt, Hong Kong, 80s
    Undercover AW '02 Scab collection skirt and burlap bag attachment - first presentation by Jun in Paris. It's a rarity. In the words of my beloved Pee Wee Herman, "take a photo...it'll last longer."

MBD
    Last edited by MetroBulotDodo; 04-02-2014, 03:55 PM. Reason: replace broken link
    "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
    It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
    My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• Rosenrot
      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Uncontrol View Post
      a lot of really great looks the past few pages ...

back for abuse

JACKET: Toj
      SHIRT: Shellac
      GLOVES: Shellac
      PANTS: Kiryuyrik
      BOOTS: Buttero
      As someone who's a sucker for biker jackets, I'd wear the hell out of yours if it weren't for the dangling zipper pulls. Now while I can't point out anything wrong with the fit, your hair and overall look makes it seem like you're on your way to catch Tokio Hotel or L'Arc~en~Ciel. Whether that's a good or bad thing it's your interpretation.
      Originally posted by Patroklus
      Better too adventurous than not enough
      everyone should strive towards ballsiness

Comment

• Uncontrol
        • Feb 2008

Well there's a world of difference between L'arc and Tokio Hotel haha. How about BUCK-TICK? :)

Metro, I saw this look on Tumblr -- it's fabulous.

Comment

• Czx
          • Feb 2011

Oh the scab skirt
          néant
          Last.FM paranoia
          Ambient/noise/glitch/eai / On FB
          0 > ∞

Comment

• Vanna
            • May 2008

That's gorgeous MBD.
            Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• avout
              • Nov 2011

MBD - Your spring looks are great, but this last one is superlative. Love the skirt and the overall simplicity of the look.

Comment

• PaintedBlack_7
                • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Uncontrol View Post
                a lot of really great looks the past few pages

JACKET: Toj
                SHIRT: Shellac
                GLOVES: Shellac
                PANTS: Kiryuyrik
                BOOTS: Buttero
                is it just me or does that leather jacket look cheap?

the zippers look to be of low quality and the leather looks to be splitting from what appears to be its corrected grain lamination layer in high areas of wear, particularly the sleeves.

I find that most of the leathers here look better with wear, while that one clearly does not. i also don't like the imitation snake pattern.

also whats with the funky sleeve construction? looks like a 1990's wilson jaket

im sorry but i don't like the jacket,pants or hair style

Comment

• Ochre
                  • Sep 2009

I love how the whiteness frames and celebrates what would otherwise be the "ordinary" appearance of the neutral burlap color. Subtle and sophisticated, MBD.

Uncontrol, it might benefit you to take note of the fit below you. Hopefully the maturity of the latter helps exaggerate the issues with your own. There are many disparate elements and I think it lacks unity.

Comment

• endorphinz
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2009

Originally posted by merz
                    endorphinz, are the boots the reverse carpe backlaces? toeshape looks sorta familiar but height is a bit unusual. maybe i'm completely off.
                    guidi full height baby calf (redundant?) back zips

and about the other bs:
                    it's kinda hard to take criticism from a nebulous entity. i mean how would anyone know if the criticism is valid if they don't have a frame of reference?

the criticism could be valuable if you dig the steeze of the person offering it and wanna try to incorporate some of their style into your own.

what if ya don't?

after all, this whole gig should exist to make you feel good about yourself; it's not about making others feel good about you.

that's why,after a while, I tend to get annoyed at empty noise.

Comment

• endorphinz
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2009

I guess it's all about perspective. it's good to have one that is distant and removed BUT it's gotta be one that you respect. ya don't need it for validation tho. ultimately that only comes from within.

Comment

• Uncontrol
                        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by PaintedBlack_7 View Post

the zippers look to be of low quality and the leather looks to be splitting from what appears to be its corrected grain lamination layer in high areas of wear, particularly the sleeves.

I find that most of the leathers here look better with wear, while that one clearly does not. i also don't like the imitation snake pattern.
                        this is hilarious.

edit: I'll explain. The zippers are antique Riri made in Japan zippers, the leather is a really high quality new zealand lambskin, and the snake is not imitation, it is real anaconda skin.

Uncontrol, it might benefit you to take note of the fit below you. Hopefully the maturity of the latter helps exaggerate the issues with your own. There are many disparate elements and I think it lacks unity.
                        Metro's outfit is incredible but I don't see how it relates to mine (except that it's subjectively better than mine -- I wouldn't really argue). I'm not trying to be subdued or sophisticated or dramatic, I just wear what I think looks cool and hope for the best. I don't see my outfit as having disparate elements, though it seems others do ... I'm not really concerned with that as a criticism, though.

In the end I don't ever expect positive comments when posting my looks here, but that's OK. I do get some helpful/constructive comments sometimes, so it pays off.

Comment

• Fuuma
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by PaintedBlack_7 View Post

also whats with the funky sleeve construction? looks like a 1990's wilson jaket

im sorry but i don't like the jacket,pants or hair style
                          The leather obviously has a more classic shape than what is usually seen here but it is merely bunching from wear, just like RO leathers do. I love that effect on leathers and jackets.
                          Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                          http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• zamb
                            • Nov 2006

Q,

I think I've been very lucky, that while for the most part I am a peace maker, I am not afraid to super kick the head off a fool, if I initially cry peace and they assume that that's some sign of weakness. I'm kinda one of those guys you'd want to hang with, to be on your side when a fight breaks out, even if you are the one to foolishly start it. If you are wrong I'll tell you you are, but i've got your back every step of the way, even when I know you are wrong.....

for you, I think its different, because you have contributed in other ways on this forum, than purely taking a negative posture, you have posted WAYWT's and have at least put yourself in a position to be critiqued (even if that wasn't the reason you posted a fit),
                            however, for him and others, I say, be quiet, shut up, or throw up a fit pic, so we can know that you are "oh so stylish" and that everything fits you perfectly.......because if thats not the case, I see this person as some coward, some weakling, who hides behind a computer screen only to make fun and take rude swipes at others while securely taking themselves out of any possibility for such things to happen to them because they don't have the guts to bear it.

For him to argue that he didn't want to be the fifth person in line to compliment HDG,is just plain stupid. what is he saying then? that he couldn't just keep his mouth shut, or he is so jealous of the compliments that he would rather say something negative?
                            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                              • Oct 2010

/\ whut?!?!?

Uncontrol: to elaborate - if I may be allowed to interpret Ochre's words - the maturity he refers to is an understanding that things are not intrinsically good because of the materials of which they are composed. There is simply too many textures, varieties of black. I think a particular difficulty comes with the bunched up knit gloves, which appear to be crafted rather than designed.

The jacket seems to be the result of an act of bricolage made by a bricoleur who found himself designing leather jackets when it was clearly not his metier.

It's not necessary to look like you're always on your way to the Jim Rose Circus. Silhouette and lines could be more fluid too, but I'm just picking now.

That said, kudos for putting yourself out here. There's a lot to learn - from the some of the very attractive (but emotional munchkins) here.

No, no I love all of you. ; )

MBD
                              "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
                              It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
                              My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• PaintedBlack_7
                                • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                                The leather obviously has a more classic shape than what is usually seen here but it is merely bunching from wear, just like RO leathers do. I love that effect on leathers and jackets.
                                Yeah i know what you mean, it looks nice with nicer leathers.

I don't know what it is, but the color and texture of his sleeves (not the actual fit, the actual material) looks cheap. it looks like a sort of imitation hammered lamb effect, that you would see on "distressed" leather jackets at the mall. I am a fan of pleanty of classic motorcycle jackets from various designers since the 80's and even some of the more race oriented leathers, like the vanson kangaroo leather i wore back when i used to ride.

this one doesn't do it for me

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎