Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheThief
    • Mar 2011

I normally dont like to step in on this type of nonsense but Let's face it, hair aside, if the guy was wearing a Rick Stooges and HL bondage trousers I doubt the hate would be so severe. Im not defending the fit (I think snake skin looks tacky most of the time), nor am I defending the quality of TOJ leathers(ive never handled one) but Number (n)ine used the exact same RiRi zippers on plenty of their leathers, most of these ridiculous comments stem from a place of solid ignorance, period.

Comment

• CHRIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2006

seriously this place is worse than superfuture sometimes

difference is, people here consult a thesaurus

Comment

• beardown
        rekoner
        • Feb 2009

I think that any place people gather regularly (even virtually) they take on roles and that's just how it is. Some people become the whipping boy, some want to be the whipping boy. And then of course, there is the funny guy, the voice of reason, the obscure guy, super rich dude, budget dude, guy buying validation, guy who acts like he doesn't care for validation, old dude, overanalytical dude shaped like ET (that's me), too serious dude, creepy dude, annoying as fuck dude (maybe more than one), a bit too candid dude, guy too smart for his own good and on down the line. The fairer sex, at least these days, seem immune in a way and I enjoy tha immensely. They seem capable of interracting and exchanging ideas and information without becoming cliche. But I digress.

I think it's part of the communal experience and human nature, for better or worse. I'm not justifying it, I'm just saying if you're in a forum and you act like you want abuse, someone will more than likely find a reason to serve some up. There is an informal hazing process here that's a mostly kind-hearted tongue-in-cheek necessary part of maintaining a certain modicum of taste and discussion. And there's a pecking order of sorts because, let's face it, not all members really do deserve much respect and some have more than earned it.

Everyone has to decide on their own where that respect begins and ends. I rarely see serious, hurtful things being posted and that makes me proud to be associated with SZ. It's one of the few forums, if not the only, I can come to, feel a level of comradery and mutual interest and know that there is some kind of natural, controlled order.

The nature of WAYWT is such that it's going to elicit snarky remarks at times, especially if you're looking for them. This is not the place to come when you're feeling low and need some validation. You've got Facebook for that. I love that people are somewhat intimidated and hesitant to post images here. Because it keeps this section from becoming too much of a focus. It's not a parade of the needy; it mostly seems like people who genuinely have a passion for putting an outfit together.

Opinions should always be taken wih a grain of salt...and those who are constantly trying to rain on the parade...we know who you are and we are watching. And waiting.
        Originally posted by mizzar
        Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• diorowen
          • Aug 2010

^
          haha, I seems like fall into the category the old dude :p

I think uncontrol's fit is fine though. looks cool in his aesthetic.
          leather looks good.
          maybe my only comment is the jacket detail.
          the anaconda skin detail and zipper detail is too much for a biker style.
          if only it's simpler, then I guess the disconnection between top and bottom would've been less.
          still trapped in my juvenile state

Comment

• Rosenrot
            • Aug 2010

Uncontrol - adding to my previous reply, I like it more than I hate it and I'm not going into further details. Perhaps if you look like an unshaven hobo you would look less like you're trying too hard, know what I mean? I think I might be the only one here who fancies the anaconda skin, but one can only hope its skin was harvested after its death.
            Originally posted by Patroklus
            Better too adventurous than not enough
            everyone should strive towards ballsiness

Comment

• shdws
              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by CHRIS View Post

Bahahahahaha!!! I wonder how long it takes for some people to post a message while constantly in search for substitute "BIG BOY" words to impress acquaintances on here.

I was hoping to chime in as well anyway.

Regardless of everyone's fit (or even other parts of the forum on here), I believe in life it is important to be nice to one another, it's just common courtesy, I assume your Mumma teaches you that? I mean who likes internet keyboard warriors seriously or "trolls" these words are just masks for what they really are - TOOLS, dickheads, Emotionally depressed people who seek powerrrrrr over the internet and no one likes them. Jokes are totally fine though, but not overcooked....

Anyhoo in terms of criticism just an idea...... maybe if you don't want to be criticized negatively or positively about your outfit just state it maybe???at the end of your post that is, so people can respect that. But truth be told people post here for praise, to be noticed, in search of positive feedback or help into what can be done to appear "better" put together and not to be ridiculed. There is no point in posting and upon getting negative comments one reply's with absolute disgust basically flipping the bird to said negative comment, that isn't helping anyone. ORRRRR if they post positive comments about you and you end up sucking their p.............pencil case for the rest of your forum lives.

AND yes I have not posted yet here as I'm butt ugly, so unless I wear a balaclava and jump inside a sleeping bag, zipped all the way to the top, I'll post here.

Sidenote: I remember Steve Martin in an interview was saying something along the lines of - "As I get older I tend to buy expensive clothes and skin care to cater for the ever aging face and body to compensate for such ugliness to end up looking better" (I don't know the relevance, but i wanted to say it before I forgot)
              Last edited by shdws; 03-19-2012, 04:00 AM.
              Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people

Comment

• Johnny
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by beardown View Post
                the whipping boy, some want to be the whipping boy. And then of course, there is the funny guy, the voice of reason, the obscure guy, super rich dude, budget dude, guy buying validation, guy who acts like he doesn't care for validation, old dude, overanalytical dude shaped like ET (that's me), too serious dude, creepy dude, annoying as fuck dude (maybe more than one), a bit too candid dude, guy too smart for his own good and on down the line.
                wonder if you had any particular members in mind when compiling this list?

you're right though (you're the dude who's always right). also, we musn't forget that it's guys posting pictures of what they are wearing on the internet. it's not really a natural thing to do, like, you know, putting on clothes and going out and not taking a picture of it and posting it on the internet. while i'm all for civility and being nice to one another, different rules apply. you KNOW when you post that some people whom you've never met before and who don't post pictures of themselves are liable to comment on it. that is not the case when you walk out the door. strangers with cloaks of annonymity simply don't come up to you and tell you that you are maybe trying a bit too hard today, dick flaps are so late 2010, and OMG look at your zippers!

Comment

• phiman
                  • Dec 2011

uncontrol - being as objective as i can be about your fit, i have to agree with a few things that have been said by other members before, the materials of the jacket might be of good quality but unfortunately something about the construction makes it look kinda cheap.. but i do think that this only strikes the eye of the SZers for they have a 2500$ RO or whatever exclusive brand equivalent in mind. if you're happy with it - wear the fuck out of it. and this accounts to your hairstyle aswell. i find it a bit disappointing that you have to take some beating here for your hair, especially since SZ is a gathering of people that i'd say are rather seen as "outsiders" (kinda sounds too harsh, but i couldnt find the right word ) in general public, and from whom i'd expect some tolerance towards other tastes.
                  but also some criticism from my side - there's something i don't like about these gloves, dunno if it's just in this combination or in general, but they kinda seem a bit too much!

all this coming from a member who has only posted one WAYWT himself so far..

Comment

• the breaks
                    • Sep 2007

Originally posted by CHRIS View Post

agreed, i almost find it hard to believe people are serious on here sometimes
                    Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• JetLag
                      • Jul 2008

Originally posted by beardown View Post
                      there is the funny guy, the voice of reason, the obscure guy, super rich dude, budget dude, guy buying validation, guy who acts like he doesn't care for validation, old dude, overanalytical dude shaped like ET (that's me), too serious dude, creepy dude, annoying as fuck dude (maybe more than one), a bit too candid dude, guy too smart for his own good and on down the line.
                      ... and they all dress the same. Sounds familiar...

Originally posted by danman
                      If I could meet you in person I'd fuck you up and steal your PH you bitch. Fuck you and your site

Comment

• mrbeuys
                        • May 2008

Even the male to female ratio seems correct. What a perfect metaphor.
                        Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• theaddict
                          • Apr 2008

Except Papa Smurf...= Faust?
                          Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• JetLag
                            • Jul 2008

Maybe, maybe... but I've never seen Faust with red boots ;)
                            Originally posted by danman
                            If I could meet you in person I'd fuck you up and steal your PH you bitch. Fuck you and your site

Comment

• shdws
                              • Sep 2011

The Smurfs are ruled under communist dictatorship, hence the uniforms
                              Last edited by shdws; 03-19-2012, 11:33 AM.
                              Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people

Comment

• Johnny
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by DRRRK
                                Mabye not that, but "you look like a girl", "gay asshole" when I'm with a woman, laughter or a fist in my face are even more unwelcome. I always think this here is a playground compared to real life.

Of course, all of that stuff is utterly inexcusable. That's not really what I was getting at though. I suppose I was saying that when you post here, or generally, you're "asking for it", to some extent, precisely in the way that you really can't be when you just wear stuff in real life.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎