• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drexl
    • Sep 2006

Re: Sizing help

[quote user="jj.still"]

Hello. This is my first post there.)

Can anyone tell me how CDiem lace up boots run?(5 holes, black)
    What size would be a good fit if I am 41 in Ann D boots, 40.5 in DH sneakers.

[/quote]

You should be safe with a 40 or 41 in the CDiems, you might be able to squeeze into some 39's but it's best not to take a chance (like I did).

Comment

• jj.still
      • Dec 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

Welcome to the forums.

From what I know they run true to size, you'd probably need a 41. Which Ann D. boots do you have? They used to run one size larger, I think they run true to size these days.

[/quote]

I've just received reply from pollyanna. They really run true to size now. As for Ann D. boots, they are from fw 05-06. Cann't find pic.

Comment

• ddohnggo
        • Oct 2006

that was chinrolz who bought the hoodie. i asked him the same question regarding the same hoodie you're asking about and basically the hoodie fits pretty true to size. however, for your benefit, the seller also wears size 44 in other items. unfortunately, too small for me.
        Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

Yep, it fits pretty true to size but if you wanted to size up 1 size it wouldn't be too bad. Makes it easier to wear a knit etc. under it.

It's cotton but really heavy thick cotton that probably won't shrink at all. On top of that, if you did try to shrink it, you'd ruin the stitchwork on it (you'll have to see it up close to understand). If you're a 44 Merz, you'd be able to get away with the 46. It comes down to if you'd rather pass on the item which probably won't show up again anytime soon or pick it up and have it be a tad bit big on you for a good price.

If you do get it, defnitely post photos! The gray one is bad ass. I'd trade my blue one for the gray in an instant!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Re: Sizing help

Could someone who has the N(N) dirty wash jeans in a size 3 share the measurements? Thanks in advance.

- Adam

Comment

• ddohnggo
              • Oct 2006

if no one has the measurements, try stopping by atelier or number (n)ine store?

Comment

• maldoror
                • Jun 2007

I have the jeans in a size 3 (purchased from atelier) and can post measurements when I get home later. That said, in a nutshell, I'm a true to size 28, and these pants, in size 3, are a little on the large side, but fit fine without a belt. I'd estimate they're ~size 29. I went to the number (n)ine store yesterday to check out the size 2 and they're uncomfortably tight, fitting more like ~size 27, although they may stretch with wear. As for the pants themselves, the denim is damn nice, really thick and heavy, honestly a little bit too much so for summer (although that's not stopping me from wearing them anyway) and the fit is incredible. This is definitely my new go to pair of jeans, I'm even considering going back to the number (n)ine store and buying another pair in a different wash.

As a side note, while they have a ridiculous amount of merchandise at the number (n)ine store, it seems as though it's all more expensive than elsewhere, e.g., the dirty wash jeans were like $480 at Atelier vs $520 at the number (n)ine store, which is a pretty big discrepency. No clue why this is.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                  • Oct 2006

damn, i would probably need a size 4. were they on sale at atelier and the number (n)ine store?

Comment

• sam_tem
                    • Apr 2007

so i know ann d's stuff has been discussed to ad nauseum here and it seems the general sizing rule is just go normal size (i'm a slima medium), but i just wanted to check if anyone can confirm that on the layered vest and the pleated front shirt

Comment

• ddohnggo
                      • Oct 2006

i think it would depend on the look you're trying to go for since ann does both oversized and fitted garments. since both items were designed to be more fitted (i'm assuming), you could probably do a size small or medium. even a large, if you wanted a more oversized look.

Comment

• sam_tem
                        • Apr 2007

thanks, i would definitely prefer a more fitted cut on these particular items, but being that i'm 6'2" and have broader shoulders i'm usually not able to size down. i'll just go with a medium.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="ddohnggo"]i think it would depend on the look you're trying to go for since ann does both oversized and fitted garments. since both items were designed to be more fitted (i'm assuming), you could probably do a size small or medium. even a large, if you wanted a more oversized look.
                          [/quote]

That's true. Ann's sizing used to be very consistent until recently. Now she does much more layering for men then she used to (she always has done it for women) - so you can have a very tight vest, a tight under jacket, and a normally cut coat, or it can be all loose. :-) I didn't help there, did I? [:^)]

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mass
                            • Sep 2006

would any of you happen to know how nicolas andreas taralis' stuff runs? there's a male blazer i found on yahoo japan that i "have to have", but it's a size 44. i'm a 46, but i can fit into some sized 44 dior homme blazers; but in that regard i have no idea what "true to size" means!

Comment

• maldoror
                              • Jun 2007

RE: Number (N)ine Jeans

They're 60% off at atelier and 50% off at the number (n)ine store. I don't know if they have any pairs of the the dirty wash blue left at Atelier though, but they're definitely overstocked in all sizes at the number (n)ine store. Probably worth paying a visit to the latter just to check out the vastness of selection and the space itself, which I thought was great, albeit too dimly lit to accurately gauge the colors on a lot of the clothes.

Comment

• Casius
                                • Dec 2006

[quote user="maldoror"]

RE: Number (N)ine Jeans

They're 60% off at atelier and 50% off at the number (n)ine store. I don't know if they have any pairs of the the dirty wash blue left at Atelier though, but they're definitely overstocked in all sizes at the number (n)ine store. Probably worth paying a visit to the latter just to check out the vastness of selection and the space itself, which I thought was great, albeit too dimly lit to accurately gauge the colors on a lot of the clothes.

[/quote]

When I called a week or so ago, they said they had no more size 4's or 5's left in the dirty wash. So were most of them small sizes?
                                "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎