• unmetro
    • Sep 2006

Re: The Comme des Garçons "Universe"

Source: NYTimes (if I recall correctly)

Comment

• nqth
      • Sep 2006

Thanks Buckwheat:-) I don't knowmuch about the Kyoto store. There is nothing more on them anywhere:-)

Thanks foryour scans!

btw the Monachium Guerrilla is open just for the October Fest(I mean German ppl getting drunk drinking beer:-)) That's what I have heard and the page suggests it, too.

Comment

• Victim
        • Sep 2006

sorry about quoting i hav'nt quite figured out the forum yet.

not sure where to post this but since this is the Comme des Garcons universe i thought i should ask here.

Does anyone have any information on the collection Comme des Garcons did where none sillouhettes were straight? everything was twisted? i cant remember the season

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="Victim"]

sorry about quoting i hav'nt quite figured out the forum yet.

not sure where to post this but since this is the Comme des Garcons universe i thought i should ask here.

Does
          anyone have any information on the collection Comme des Garcons did
          where none sillouhettes were straight? everything was twisted? i cant
          remember the season

[/quote]

Scroll down to the CDG collection part in my blog entry below, could that be it?

http://fashion-critic.blogspot.com/2...c_archive.html

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Monty76
            • Sep 2006

Here is the Comme des Garcons Guerilla store in Hong Kong, not quite as interesting as the others...

i stole this picture from someone's blog (http://www.chipple.net/mt/)

Comment

• nqth
              • Sep 2006

from http://www.hypebeast.com/2006/10/com...re/#more-14844

Comme des Garcons has just opened their new “Play Box” store outside their usual Comme des Garcons store in Aoyama, Japan. This Play Box store will be opened for only one month and will sell special items including this Comme des Garcons black heart polo shirt.

This is really a "box":-))

Comment

• Buckwheat
                • Sep 2006

Interesting box. nqth.

Some old photos from Tricot collection I scanned. Can't remember if it's 2004 or 2005.

Comment

• Johnny
                  • Sep 2006

Really nice pictures buckwheat, thanks.

Incidentally, the Glasgow Guerilla store has "dissappeared", after much less than a full year.Doesn't surprise me since (1)(and first and foremost) it was in Scotland (2) the people running it didn't have the first idea about comme des garcons (3) even for a guerilla store it really was in the most ridiculous location for a shop everin the history of the world (of retailing)

Comment

• Avantster
                    ¤¤¤
                    • Sep 2006

Thanks for the scan, buckwheat. Really like the last white knit.

Nice link btw nqth, it really is just a box outside the flagship! I can imagine it would stand out a lot on that road. Quite interesting.

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="Johnny"]

Incidentally, the Glasgow Guerilla store has "dissappeared", after much less than a full year.Doesn't surprise me since (1)(and first and foremost) it was in Scotland (2) the people running it didn't have the first idea about comme des garcons (3) even for a guerilla store it really was in the most ridiculous location for a shop everin the history of the world (of retailing)

[/quote]

That sucks. Was it all Play and CDG shirt?

Buckwheat, many thanks for the pictures, I really appreciate this kind of contribution.[B]

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Buckwheat
                        • Sep 2006

you are all welcome.

Comment

• Buckwheat
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="Johnny"]

[/quote]

How could the people have no idea about CDG and running the store? How does the Guerilla system work? That seems strange....

Comment

• Johnny
                            • Sep 2006

I think that comme approach the potential stores first, don't know how the original contact is made, but suspect it's through word of mouth,friend of a friend etc. I'm not critisizing the Glasgow store people. The guys in Glasgow were artists and the store was in their warehouse. They were not particularly interested in cdg - that was my impression at least. The main store assistant really knew nothing about the brand - i asked whether they had any first season JW Man, and explained it had writing printed on the pieces and hebrought out a comme womenswear piece which, I admit, did have writing on it, but otherwise was not what i was looking for!I think they sent someone up from DSM for the first weekend, and then left them to it. But there just isn't the market for it in the location. They made the further mistake of, as Faust suggests, just getting mostly Play and Shirt, or else ultra plain mainline pieces.

Pollyanna had a store in Glasgow that nearly bankrupted them, which they themselves had taken over from an insolvent operationcalled The Warehouse, which was an 80s institution in Scotland - sold comme, yohji, miyake, gualtier, shirts by a brand called Moholy-Nagy, Workers For Freedom, dries, teh first Dolce & Gabbana menswear collection (which was lovely, believe it or not).Glaswegians now just want Armani, Prada, Gucci, you know the drill.

Comment

• deuxmille
                              • Nov 2006

[quote user="Avantster"]

Thanks for the scan, buckwheat. Really like the last white knit.

Nice link btw nqth, it really is just a box outside the flagship! I can imagine it would stand out a lot on that road. Quite interesting.

[/quote]

The box wasnt that great. It was more just like a stand right next to the store. You had to go inside the actual store to try on things, or just figure out the sizing outside. Anyway, what they had for sale was just the regular play stuff, nothing really stood out.

Comment

• nqth
                                • Sep 2006

Yes it is really a world of mouth system. The Guerrilla team has only two people, Christian (an architect, he worked at Junya before)and Anita (she worked at Comme Perfume before) and they are traveling around and manage all stuffs. They also give the stores a final touch ... I think that at the very begining the idea was to work with non-fashion people. I think it wasmeant to reach "other" customers, who are more interested in clothes orCdG than usual fashion trends...

Btw there is a Disney Box in Paris. Does anyone see it?:-)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎