• Nov 2008

^ the dark rose has to be my all-time favorite. _
    sain't

Comment

• rider
      eyes of the world
      • Jun 2009

Published: Jan 25, 2013, 2:00PM JST

COMME des GARÇONS starts a new fashion brand named noir kei ninomiya designed by Kei Ninomiya.

The brand began with its 2013SS season and in Japan, its designs are only available at Omotesando Tokyo’s TRADING MUSEUM COMME des GARÇONS. Overseas, the brand’s designs will be available (planned) at TRADING MUSEUM COMME des GARÇONS in Paris and DOVER STREET MARKET COMME des GARÇONS in London.

After Ninomiya graduated from Aoyama Gakuin University, he attended the Royal Academy of Fine Arts (Antwerp) and joined COMME des GARÇONS in September 2008. He started off as a pattern maker for the brand. In October 2012 he became the designer for the new line noir kei ninomiya. As seen in the name, the brand creates designs centered on the color “black”.
      well, this looks interesting...
      Attached Files

Comment

• Dane
        HAMMERTIME
        • Feb 2011

i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• casem
          • Sep 2006

Anyone have an opinion on CDG black? When I first heard about it I was a bit skeptical that it's just another money making diffusion line. But over the weekend I enquired at the CDG store about some classic drop crotch cropped pants and they directed me to the black store.

I must say it's sort of a nice concept, they have the really classic comme pieces in different fabrications at a lower price point. Sort of like the evergreen concept but more basic. For example they had the pants I was looking for both in a thick wool felt and washed poly and said they might be getting more materials in for summer. It's kind of nice having the classics of a brand like CDG available in different seasonal fabrications. What does everyone else think? Can anyone who owns "black" pieces speak on their quality?
          music

Comment

• xeraphim
            • Nov 2008

the black line is great, basically continuing where evergreen left off imo... quality is alright, definitely not sub-par to either of the main lines. it's now a unisex line so be careful with the sizing though.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

I think it varies. There is carp and it's inexpensive and then they are nicer pieces but the price goes up accordingly.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• syed
                • Sep 2010

Originally posted by xeraphim View Post
                the black line is great, basically continuing where evergreen left off imo... quality is alright, definitely not sub-par to either of the main lines. it's now a unisex line so be careful with the sizing though.
                Seconding this. I think the quality is on the same level with Shirt. Do be careful on the sizing - you get men's and women's sizings on the same pieces a lot of the time (although obviously you can wear the women's a larger size).

Lots of classic shapes you can pick up for a more affordable price - they always seem to have the classic drop crotches in some variation, and also stuff like the double long tee at the same time as it was in the H+ collection (albeit in black obv). My only issue is that as of late it seems a lot of the pieces have a way more feminine leaning - before there was more of a unisex vibe, with masculine and feminine pieces thrown in; but then again it could just be a temporary shift given the pace with which they release new items.
                "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• rider
                    eyes of the world
                    • Jun 2009

you were lucky to be there, just so you know, i'm very envious... seems like each hit the perfect pitch. you know which scarf i have a hankering for

has anyone read the blog cuttingclass. pretty fascinating shit. dig deeper than the page i posted, its very interesting.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

You should totally get one!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

/\ Thank you!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• nqth
                          • Sep 2006

an eshop starts before the "real" shop opens
                          Conceived by Rei Kawakubo and Adrian Joffe, Dover Street Market is a place for creators from various fields to gather, encounter and collide with each other in a burgeoning atmosphere of beautiful chaos. The original Dover Street Market first opened in London, Mayfair in September 2004.

Comment

• rider
                            eyes of the world
                            • Jun 2009

Originally posted by underdog View Post
                            Some more fascinating and ultra early images, again courtesy of Idea Books:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1072769...92705542143058
                            Thanks underdog. Surprisingly modest, earnest and earthy, with vision to spare.

Comment

• interest1
                              • Nov 2008

.Speaking of shops . . .

Rei, at the opening of her comme des garçons shop in Bendels, 1983

sain't

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎