X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by huckleberry View Post
    whoever bid on it is silly as it will most likely reach far higher than $550 now
    To be honest, unlikely. I would be surprised if it breaks $550 at auction's end.

Carol's early work is really not that great. He didn't really come into his own until 2003-ish. The silver mesh tagged CCP pieces are late 1990's and Carol really hadn't mastered his signature fabric and look at that point. Anything you buy from that early era is just reminiscent of the ultrasharp, polished-yet-raw work that we know him to have now.
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• beardown
      rekoner
      • Feb 2009

whoever bid on it is silly as it will most likely reach far higher than $550 now
      I was thinking the same thing. I thought some people prefer the earlier cuts.
      Originally posted by mizzar
      Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• tomatous
        Banned
        • Jan 2009

Just like the time that rick goat hair beanie had a low buy it now, and the auction ended up going twice as high as the asking price.

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by beardown View Post
          I was thinking the same thing. I thought some people prefer the earlier cuts.
          I guess we'll see how the bidding goes. Just in my experience the older Carol just doesn't stand up to the new(er) works where he really started to push his signature techniques (taped seams, rough/coarse fabrics, unfinished-yet-finished look/feel).

Now if the seller had the matching pants... that may be a different story!

Damn CCP suits seem to be few and far between for some sizes :(
          www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• agentred
            • Jul 2009

Well this is a dumbed down application of game theory. Since I only have (let's say) $500 to spend, I'm willing to take the chance that bidding will be below $500.

If it goes above that I don't really care since I wasn't willing to pay the BIN anyway, $550 and $5500 are equivalent to me since I only have $500. At that point the high price point is not my problem.

Thoughts?

Comment

• beardown
              rekoner
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by agentred View Post
              Well this is a dumbed down application of game theory. Since I only have (let's say) $500 to spend, I'm willing to take the chance that bidding will be below $500.

If it goes above that I don't really care since I wasn't willing to pay the BIN anyway, $550 and $5500 are equivalent to me since I only have $500. At that point the high price point is not my problem.

Thoughts?
              Did you buy l3ootlegs (Sagaji's) CCP suit? I saw where you laid claim to it and if that one would fit you...that one was 16" pit to pit and the this one you bid on is 21" pit to pit so I guess my concern would be if it would fit you. That's like a size 44 proper vs. a 48 proper. A 5-inch chest difference is pretty substantial on a fitted blazer.
              Originally posted by mizzar
              Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• V-J
                • Oct 2009

rick sneakers sz 8

only lk 15 mins left at 220ish if any1 is interested..

Comment

• agentred
                  • Jul 2009

Originally posted by beardown View Post
                  Did you buy l3ootlegs (Sagaji's) CCP suit? I saw where you laid claim to it and if that one would fit you...that one was 16" pit to pit and the this one you bid on is 21" pit to pit so I guess my concern would be if it would fit you. That's like a size 44 proper vs. a 48 proper. A 5-inch chest difference is pretty substantial on a fitted blazer.
                  Hey, yes I did. Thanks for pointing that out, I didn't look too closely at the measurements and you're right, it's a big 48 while the suit was a slim 46... I'm deffo gonna be feeling "a little too oversized" in one and "a little too tight" in the other

But this is sz, our motto should be "bid first think later!". Worst case scenario I resell at the same price and lose a little bit on shipping, not the end of the world...

Comment

• theetruscan
                    • Jan 2008

Hey, yes I did. Thanks for pointing that out, I didn't look too closely at the measurements and you're right, it's a big 48 while the suit was a slim 46... I'm deffo gonna be feeling "a little too oversized" in one and "a little too tight" in the other

But this is sz, our motto should be "bid first think later!". Worst case scenario I resell at the same price and lose a little bit on shipping, not the end of the world...
                    Worst case (common case as well) is you sit on things you were sure would resell instantly.
                    Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• huckleberry
                      • Jul 2009

I'd say its quite unfair to bid on something you know you have a very slim chance of fitting, and possibly pushing up the price for those who could have fit it, but its done now so I'm sure il get over it.

Comment

• Trendy Andy
                        • Jun 2007

That's the case with all my clothes. I don't even get around wearing them sometimes. It just sits and looks pretty in my closet.

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
                        Worst case (common case as well) is you sit on things you were sure would resell instantly.

Comment

• Trendy Andy
                          • Jun 2007

MA+ Size 44 Button up Leather Jacket

Super sick looking grandma jacket. All the skinny folks on SZ are so fortunate. I would mega cop this if they had in Size 50 or 52.

Yahoo!オークションは、誰でも簡単に売り買いが楽しめる、日本最大のネットオークションサイトです。圧倒的な商品数を誇るYahoo!オークションで、落札・出品してみませんか?補償制度もあります。

Comment

• Trendy Andy
                            • Jun 2007

MA+ Size 46 Hoody Jacket with Pants

Pricey but wicked cool. Its a 2 piece MA+ Hoody jacket and pants. I think a couple on SZ was looking for a size 46 MA+ Hoody. The pants are Size 44 though.

http://page10.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m70906533

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Trendy Andy View Post
                              Super sick looking grandma jacket. All the skinny folks on SZ are so fortunate. I would mega cop this if they had in Size 50 or 52.

http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b96444402
                              Nice piece! What's happening at the sleeves...can't make out what's going on there.

Comment

• V-J
                                • Oct 2009

ma+ belt sz large at 400

removed
                                Last edited by V-J; 11-12-2009, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎