X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

I love Trent. That is all. This is awesome.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Ahimsa
      Vegan Police
      • Sep 2011

Along with Jack White's tour making everyone lock their phones into bags that can't be opened until you leave (except for emergencies of course) and A Perfect Circle ejecting anyone they see with their phone out seems like a lot of these bands are pretty fed up with the digital (dis)engagement.
      StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• nyarkies
        • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Ahimsa View Post
        A Perfect Circle ejecting anyone they see with their phone out seems like a lot of these bands are pretty fed up with the digital (dis)engagement.
        APC (and Tool, actually maybe it's just really Maynard's demand) never allowed any cameras in their concerts (not including those big events with other bands) even before social media became big. It has nothing to do with being fed up with digital (dis)engagement.

The only idea I have for preventing scalpers from reselling tickets is to have the buyer put down the full names of the attendees (or possible attendees) going to the concert. If none of the names match the list when they enter the venue, they either forfeit the tickets or allow the venue to resell the tickets for them at cost on site for fans waiting to score tickets there. Because fuck Ticketmaster's verified "fan-to-fan" reselling process. They should rename it verified scalper-to-fan tickets.

Comment

• MaxM
          • Sep 2009

All his stuff is brilliant

Proper headphones/hifi system mandatory

WTB : http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...ad.php?t=16112

Comment

• Ahimsa
            Vegan Police
            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by nyarkies View Post
            APC (and Tool, actually maybe it's just really Maynard's demand) never allowed any cameras in their concerts (not including those big events with other bands) even before social media became big. It has nothing to do with being fed up with digital (dis)engagement.
            I'm talking about phones though. No cameras allowed has been a long standing ban for many music/performances/theater/etc. because the flash can distract the artists on stage.

Comment

• nyarkies
              • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Ahimsa View Post
              I'm talking about phones though. No cameras allowed has been a long standing ban for many music/performances/theater/etc. because the flash can distract the artists on stage.
              It's because of the camera on the phone. They're not gonna kick you out if you decide to check your phone for messages or the time. As long as you don't raise your phone up as if you are about to take a photo, then it is fine. Maynard just doesn't like photos. Even on the meet and greet, they ask no photos and no attempts to shake his hand.

Comment

• Anton
                • Oct 2014

Enjoying this today...
                I love beautiful melodies, telling me terrible things.
                My Music: https://soundcloud.com/iamanton

Comment

• MissMica
                  • Apr 2018

Well, my motto regarding music is that life is too short to limit yourself to specific kinds of music. If it's a good song then I will give it a listen.

Currently I have been really into Blues and Country (Mostly Cash, Hank Williams). Sometimes I also listen to obscure 80's pop, jazz and just general Rock n Roll (non-era specific).

Johnny Cash and Elvis have been my all-time favorites since I was little.

Comment

• Anton
                    • Oct 2014

It is May and it's already 35 degrees...

I love beautiful melodies, telling me terrible things.
                    My Music: https://soundcloud.com/iamanton

Comment

• vah
                      • Aug 2016

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by MissMica View Post
                        Well, my motto regarding music is that life is too short to limit yourself to specific kinds of music. If it's a good song then I will give it a listen.

Currently I have been really into Blues and Country (Mostly Cash, Hank Williams). Sometimes I also listen to obscure 80's pop, jazz and just general Rock n Roll (non-era specific).

Johnny Cash and Elvis have been my all-time favorites since I was little.
                        My motto is life is too short to listen to shitty music, so that's why I limit my genres.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Ahimsa
                          Vegan Police
                          • Sep 2011

"How reviews fuck with an artist’s mental health"
                          An open letter from an anonymous musician on how negative criticism can be damaging, and what critics can do better

"But the minute you start to release music, it’s time to step away from the critical pen. You are now inherently in competition with the people you’re writing about, even if they work in other genres."

Can Dazed stop please. They're trying to put parental controls on real life.

Comment

• Nestor
                            • Jul 2017

From the article:

"White men and women are often deeply unqualified to cover certain forms of music."

Not that it starts strong, but from this point forward the delusion really intensifies. This lunatic goes on to discredit reviews from a critic who doesn't share the same background of their subject. Complaining about the lack of cross-cultural comprehension and yet essentially arguing for the segregation of music critique. How do they not see the irony in that?

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Nestor View Post
                              From the article:

"White men and women are often deeply unqualified to cover certain forms of music."

Not that it starts strong, but from this point forward the delusion really intensifies. This lunatic goes on to discredit reviews from a critic who doesn't share the same background of their subject. Complaining about the lack of cross-cultural comprehension and yet essentially arguing for the segregation of music critique. How do they not see the irony in that?
                              Dazed is programmed to cater to the knee-jerk, self-flaggelating, absurdly PC millenial set. It's their audience of micro-aggrieved and they'll pour this crap on them the way Fox News pours on the rednecks. It's an audience-driven, click-bait ridden, bow-to-stats operation. There is no surprise in them publishing this crap any more than in Sean Hennity supporting Trump.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• MaxM
                                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                                My motto is life is too short to listen to shitty music, so that's why I limit my genres.
                                ... that's silly, you can find exceptional music of any genre

WTB : http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...ad.php?t=16112

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎